|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the interrogators were trying to get Cheng to confirm her brother's accusation, what did they refuse to give her?
(c) Hot showers.
(d) Sulfa drugs.
2. How many students was Cheng teaching English to in Chapter 15?
3. Who personally arrested Jian Qing?
(a) Hua Guofeng.
(b) Wang Dongxing.
(c) Deng Xiaoping.
(d) Zhang Yufeng.
4. In Chapter 16, where did Ai-yi go to stay at night?
(a) With her brother.
(b) At her mother's.
(c) At a cousin's.
(d) With a friend.
5. How old was Da De's girlfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cheng's old gardener tell her happened to Lao-zhao when he was beaten by the Red Guards?
2. What was the name of Meiping's fiance?
3. When was Meiping born?
4. What type of a funeral did Cheng's mother have?
5. What did one doctor refuse to sell to the Shanghai Museum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cheng think that she was signaled out for special treatment when she donated her porcelain pieces to the Shanghai Museum?
2. What did a man read about Cheng's case before she was released?
3. What did Cheng want done before she would leave the detention house?
4. How did Cheng solve the problem of visitors showing up day and night?
5. What was wrong with Cheng's old friend Winnie?
6. What permanent damage was done to Cheng's hands after she was handcuffed for eleven days?
7. What did Maoists think about individuals who may have made important scientific or artistic contributions to China's cultural life before the Communists came to power?
8. When did Cheng first have an inkling that another round of power struggles was occurring at the top?
9. What agreement did China and Canada make in 1970?
10. What opportunity did Cheng have when she was asked to answer questions about her relatives or friends?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)