|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Cheng's disabled student handicapped?
(b) A birth defect.
(c) A bicycle accident.
(d) A fall.
2. In Chapter 16, where did Ai-yi go to stay at night?
(a) At a cousin's.
(b) With her brother.
(c) At her mother's.
(d) With a friend.
3. What was the name of Meiping's fiance?
(a) Chen Yi.
(b) Sun Kai.
(c) Tang Yin.
(d) Du Fu.
4. What vehicle was waiting to take Cheng to her new home after her release from the detention house?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A pedicab.
(d) A sedan.
5. Where did Ai-yi's husband and son live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Da De bring when he first came to Cheng to learn English?
2. What did Cheng's brother accuse Cheng of doing?
3. In January 1971, how long was Cheng locked in a cement box in another building?
4. How old was Da De's girlfriend?
5. Where did Mr. Hu spend his childhood years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What permanent damage was done to Cheng's hands after she was handcuffed for eleven days?
2. Why wasn't China an egalitarian society?
3. What opportunity did Cheng have when she was asked to answer questions about her relatives or friends?
4. What did Cheng find at the bookstore when she went looking for English textbooks?
5. What would happen to someone who was expelled from the Communist Party?
6. Why did Cheng think about the irony of life in China as she watched her disabled student struggle with a disability?
7. What did Cheng decide had happened when the preface was removed from her book of Mao quotations?
8. Why did Cheng think that she was signaled out for special treatment when she donated her porcelain pieces to the Shanghai Museum?
9. How did Cheng tactfully decline Mr. Hu's proposal?
10. After giving Cheng eggs in her food, what did the kitchen woman do to keep Cheng from thanking her?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)