|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Meiping die?
2. What was the diagnosis for Cheng's condition when she was taken to the hospital in 1973?
(a) Bladder cancer.
(b) Kidney cancer.
(c) Colon cancer.
(d) Uterine cancer.
3. When did Cheng's brother make a confession that caused problems for Cheng?
(a) End of 1968.
(b) In 1967.
(c) In 1966.
(d) End of 1969.
4. Where did Mr. Hu spend his childhood years?
5. What emotions did Cheng feel after a statement was read indicating why she was being released?
(a) Gratitude and surprise.
(b) Anger and disgust.
(c) Frustration and dread.
(d) Joy and happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the United States and China establish diplomatic relations?
2. In Chapter 10, what 1950s propaganda film was being criticized?
3. How many students was Cheng teaching English to in Chapter 15?
4. What did one doctor refuse to sell to the Shanghai Museum?
5. Where did Cheng's mother live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a man read about Cheng's case before she was released?
2. What would happen to someone who was expelled from the Communist Party?
3. What was wrong with Cheng's old friend Winnie?
4. How did Cheng tactfully decline Mr. Hu's proposal?
5. What agreement did China and Canada make in 1970?
6. What did it mean to get things through the "back door"?
7. How did Cheng persuade an official to give her a passport application?
8. How did Cheng solve the problem of visitors showing up day and night?
9. What opportunity did Cheng have when she was asked to answer questions about her relatives or friends?
10. What did Cheng decide had happened when the preface was removed from her book of Mao quotations?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)