|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Cheng believe that she had to stand and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in December 1948?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) Five hours.
2. How many categories of enemies were there during the Cultural Revolution?
3. Who had been staying at the technical school where Cheng's struggle meeting was held?
(a) Ex-staff of Shell.
(b) Former business owners.
(c) Former teachers.
(d) Labor Reform Workers.
4. How many men were in the interrogation room when Cheng was taken for her first interrogation?
5. When did the Red Guards come to loot Cheng's house?
(a) December 1, 1967.
(b) March 12, 1965.
(c) September 12, 1968.
(d) August 30, 1966.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many senior high school students who were members of the Red Guard came to loot Cheng's house?
2. Who did the interrogator say was a double agent at Shell?
3. When Cheng was taken to a struggle meeting on July 4, 1966, who was the target of the meeting?
4. When did the revolution occur that occur that made China a republic?
5. What watch is missing when the Red Guards ask Cheng to inventory her jewelry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cheng gain a moral advantage over her interrogator and reinforce her self-confidence?
2. Why did it trouble Cheng that she was put in a ward with surgical cases?
3. What did a Red Guard do when Cheng told him it was against the Constitution of the People's Republic to enter a private home without a search warrant?
4. What was the delay in activating the Cultural Revolution?
5. Why didn't Cheng believe that her cellmate received the death penalty?
6. What did Cheng see from the window of Meiping's room during the looting by the Red Guards?
7. How had Cheng been able to get books from a bookshop in London?
8. How did the bout of pneumonia that Cheng suffered in the winter of 1967 lead to her rapid physical deterioration?
9. How did Xiao Xu escape to Hong Kong?
10. What did Cheng do to try to discipline herself with physical and mental exercise?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)