|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cheng went upstairs to use the bathroom during the looting of her home, what was a young man about to step on and break?
(a) Chinese porcelain.
(b) A blanc de chine Goddess of Mercy.
(c) Celadon pottery.
(d) A Kangxi winecup.
2. While Cheng was in the hospital for her hemorrhaging, what extra food was she given one evening?
(a) A small orange.
(b) A small banana.
(c) An apple.
(d) A pear.
3. What was the penalty for attempting to escape to Hong Kong?
(a) Thirty to forty years in prison.
(b) Thirty-five years in prison.
(c) Ten to twenty years in prison.
(d) Fifteen years in prison.
4. When did the revolution occur that occur that made China a republic?
5. What did a prisoner sing on Christmas Eve?
(a) O Come All Ye Faithful.
(b) The First Noel.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days was Cheng forced to return to the interrogation room and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in 1948?
2. When was Mao's essay "On the Dictatorship of the People's Democracy" published?
3. What was Cheng served for lunch the first day she was at No. 1 Detention House?
4. What number was Cheng assigned when she was taken to No. 1 Dentention House?
5. How many pockets could officers have on their uniforms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a Red Guard do when Cheng told him it was against the Constitution of the People's Republic to enter a private home without a search warrant?
2. Why did Cheng often think back to a few hours before midnight on July 3, 1966?
3. What accusations did the interrogator make against Cheng in Chapter 6?
4. Describe Cheng's cell at No. 1 Detention House.
5. During a meeting at the technical school in March 1969, why did Cheng laugh when Tao gave a confession?
6. Why did Xiao Xu tell Cheng that she and Meiping should flee to Hong Kong?
7. What was one old man's experience with a "rotating struggle"?
8. How was evidence manufactured against Liu Shaoqi?
9. How did Xiao Xu escape to Hong Kong?
10. Why did it trouble Cheng that she was put in a ward with surgical cases?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)