|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the hero of the coup when the Red Guards and Revolutionaries seized power in Shanghai?
(a) Qi Baishi.
(b) Wang Hongwen.
(c) Xu Jingxian.
(d) Yao Wenyuan.
2. In Chapter 7, when did Cheng stop receiving a newspaper in her cell?
(a) November 30.
(b) December 2.
(c) November 15.
(d) December 27.
3. Where did Cheng and her husband meet?
(d) United States.
4. How late did the interrogator say that Cheng was to vote in an election for the Shanghai People's Congress?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
5. What type of trees lined the drive of No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Maple trees.
(b) Tallow trees.
(c) Willow trees.
(d) Plum trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cheng reading when the Red Guards came to loot her house?
2. Who accompanied Cheng to the hospital in Chapter 9?
3. In 1966, what did Winnie Huang's husband Henry teach?
4. When Cheng was taken to an interrogation in Chapter 8, how many men were in the room?
5. When was possession of firearms in China declared to be illegal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the nine categories of enemies during the Cultural Revolution?
2. Why did it trouble Cheng that she was put in a ward with surgical cases?
3. How was evidence manufactured against Liu Shaoqi?
4. Describe Cheng's cell at No. 1 Detention House.
5. Why didn't Cheng believe that her cellmate received the death penalty?
6. What were some of prison regulations at No. 1 Detention House?
7. Why didn't Cheng go to Hong Kong when Shell applied to close the office in 1965?
8. How did Dr. Song commit suicide in No. 1 Detention House?
9. How were the inmates' sheets laundered at No. 1 Detention House?
10. How did Xiao Xu escape to Hong Kong?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)