|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was named Mao's successor at the Ninth Party Congress?
(a) Lin Biao.
(b) Jiang Qing.
(c) Chen Yi.
(d) Zhou Enlai.
2. How many years was the Cultural Revolution in effect?
3. When did Cheng visit the tomb of Ming emperor Wanli?
4. Where was Cheng kicked when she tried to stop a young man from breaking some of her collection when the Red Guards were in her home?
5. How often did Cheng travel to Hong Kong when she worked at Shell?
(a) Every two years.
(b) Every other year.
(c) Every four years.
(d) Every three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had been staying at the technical school where Cheng's struggle meeting was held?
2. How many days was Cheng forced to return to the interrogation room and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in 1948?
3. When was the Chinese Communist Party founded?
4. What book did Cheng take with her when she went to let the Red Guard into her home?
5. What was the real source of news for the Chinese people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Li Zhen commit suicide?
2. During a meeting at the technical school in March 1969, why did Cheng laugh when Tao gave a confession?
3. How did the bout of pneumonia that Cheng suffered in the winter of 1967 lead to her rapid physical deterioration?
4. What was Cheng's job at the Shell Petroleum Company?
5. Describe Cheng's cell at No. 1 Detention House.
6. What was the delay in activating the Cultural Revolution?
7. Why did Cheng often think back to a few hours before midnight on July 3, 1966?
8. What damage did Xiao Xu, a schoolteacher friend of Meiping's, report that the Red Guards were perpetrating in Shanghai?
9. How did Xiao Xu escape to Hong Kong?
10. What did the Red Guards do to Cheng's store cupboard when they looted her house?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)