|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take after Cheng was manacled for her to be able to stretch her arms straight out in front of her?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Thirteen months.
2. Who was waiting for Cheng when she was released from the detention house?
3. When did Cheng's mother die?
4. In January 1971, how long was Cheng locked in a cement box in another building?
(a) Eighteen hours.
(b) Almost twenty-four hours.
(c) Almost thirty-six hours.
(d) Twenty hours.
5. Where was the National Day parade held in Beijing?
(a) Tiananmen Square.
(b) Qianmen Square.
(c) Dongcheng District.
(d) Haidian District.
6. Who personally arrested Jian Qing?
(a) Deng Xiaoping.
(b) Zhang Yufeng.
(c) Wang Dongxing.
(d) Hua Guofeng.
7. How many stands did Cheng want the museum to make for the pieces of her collection that she was keeping?
(a) From 14 to 16.
(b) From 10 to 12.
(c) From 6 to 8.
(d) From 8 to 10.
8. What foreign official visited Beijing in February, 1972?
(a) Prime Minister Edward Heath.
(b) Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
(c) Vice President Spiro Agnew.
(d) President Nixon.
9. When did Cheng's disabled student come to warn Cheng that the militia was called for an emergency muster?
(a) October 8.
(b) September 27.
(c) November 2.
(d) December 11.
10. How long did the old custom of foot-binding linger in some remote rural areas of China?
11. How much money did Cheng give Da De for a wedding present?
(a) 400 yuan.
(b) 300 yuan.
(c) 500 yuan.
(d) 200 yuan.
12. In the 1970s, who was the chief party secretary in Shanghai?
(a) Yao Wenyuan.
(b) Zhang Chunqiao.
(c) Lin Liguo.
(d) Wan Li.
13. During the autumn of 1970, what American writer had his photo taken with Mao?
(a) Edgar Snow.
(b) Don DeLillo.
(c) Cormac McCarthy.
(d) Thomas Pynchon.
14. What type of trees did the Housing Bureau plant in Cheng's garden?
(a) Maple Trees.
(b) Plum trees.
(c) Metasequoia trees.
(d) Tallow Trees.
15. A month of rain was called the huangmei. What was the rain named after?
(a) Flowering crab.
(b) Chinese dogwood.
(c) Yellow plum.
(d) Flowering Crabapple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a funeral did Cheng's mother have?
2. How many days had Cheng been forced to wear handcuffs?
3. When did members of the Shanghai Film Studio come to offer their condolences for Meiping's death?
4. What book did Da De bring when he first came to Cheng to learn English?
5. How much of Cheng's porcelain collection was returned to her?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)