|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1970s, who was the chief party secretary in Shanghai?
(a) Wan Li.
(b) Lin Liguo.
(c) Zhang Chunqiao.
(d) Yao Wenyuan.
2. What did Cheng's brother accuse Cheng of doing?
(a) Having her photo taken in front of a Kuomintang flag.
(b) Having an affair with a counter revolutionary.
(c) Taking bribes.
(d) Being a spy.
3. When did members of the Shanghai Film Studio come to offer their condolences for Meiping's death?
(a) Fall, 1978.
(b) Summer, 1978.
(c) Winter, 1978.
(d) Spring, 1978.
4. How far did the Zhus have to go to get water and use the bathroom after the Red Guards looted their home?
(a) More than 200 yards.
(b) About 150 yards.
(c) About 250 yards.
(d) More than 100 yards.
5. How long did Chinese New Year celebrations last when Cheng was a child?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Forty-five days.
6. Why was Cheng questioned by a member of the Military Control Commission of the People's Art Theater?
(a) To discuss Huang Zuolin.
(b) To discuss Chen Boda.
(c) To discuss Du Fu.
(d) To discuss Lin Liguo.
7. When did the United States and China establish diplomatic relations?
(a) April 1, 1979.
(b) February 1, 1979.
(c) March 1, 1979.
(d) January 1, 1979.
8. What was the name of Meiping's fiance?
(a) Sun Kai.
(b) Chen Yi.
(c) Tang Yin.
(d) Du Fu.
9. Where did Ai-yi's husband and son live?
10. Where was Meiping living after the Revolutionaries took Cheng away?
(a) At Professor Chen's house.
(b) At the film studio.
(c) In a doctor's house.
(d) In Cheng's house.
11. What words did Ai-yi discover written on the front gate?
(a) A capitalist spy lives here.
(b) An imperialist spy lives here.
(c) A capitalist lives here.
(d) An enemy of the state lives here.
12. Where did Cheng's mother live?
13. What foreign official visited Beijing in February, 1972?
(a) Prime Minister Edward Heath.
(b) Vice President Spiro Agnew.
(c) President Nixon.
(d) Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
14. During the autumn of 1970, what American writer had his photo taken with Mao?
(a) Cormac McCarthy.
(b) Thomas Pynchon.
(c) Edgar Snow.
(d) Don DeLillo.
15. What vehicle was waiting to take Cheng to her new home after her release from the detention house?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A pedicab.
(c) A sedan.
(d) A jeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Cheng's disabled student handicapped?
2. Where was Meiping born?
3. What type of trees did the Housing Bureau plant in Cheng's garden?
4. After Cheng's handcuffs were removed, what extra food was buried at the bottom of her food container?
5. What was the date of the National Day of the People's Republic of China?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)