|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a newspaper in 1970, whose name was not listed with the names of members of the standing committee of the Politburo?
(a) Yao Wenyuan.
(b) Chen Boda.
(c) Ye Jianying.
(d) Hua Guofeng.
2. What did Cheng's brother accuse Cheng of doing?
(a) Having her photo taken in front of a Kuomintang flag.
(b) Being a spy.
(c) Having an affair with a counter revolutionary.
(d) Taking bribes.
3. When did Cheng's mother die?
4. When did members of the Shanghai Film Studio come to offer their condolences for Meiping's death?
(a) Spring, 1978.
(b) Winter, 1978.
(c) Summer, 1978.
(d) Fall, 1978.
5. What vehicle was waiting to take Cheng to her new home after her release from the detention house?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A pedicab.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A sedan.
6. Who came to whitewash Cheng's new living quarters after her release from the detention house?
(a) Ai-yi and a family member.
(b) Hean and a friend.
(c) Workers Cheng hired.
(d) Kong and two young men.
7. What was the name of Meiping's fiance?
(a) Chen Yi.
(b) Sun Kai.
(c) Tang Yin.
(d) Du Fu.
8. What words did Ai-yi discover written on the front gate?
(a) An enemy of the state lives here.
(b) A capitalist spy lives here.
(c) A capitalist lives here.
(d) An imperialist spy lives here.
9. How many of Cheng's porcelain pieces did the Shanghai Museum wish to purchase?
10. What besides weeds was growing in the garden of Cheng's home after her release from the detention house?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) A plum tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) An elm tree.
11. In Chapter 10, what 1950s propaganda film was being criticized?
(a) Fighting for Shangai.
(b) Peaceful Spring.
(c) Window on America.
12. Where was Meiping living after the Revolutionaries took Cheng away?
(a) In Cheng's house.
(b) In a doctor's house.
(c) At Professor Chen's house.
(d) At the film studio.
13. Where was the National Day parade held in Beijing?
(a) Haidian District.
(b) Tiananmen Square.
(c) Qianmen Square.
(d) Dongcheng District.
14. Where did Ai-yi's husband and son live?
15. How many days had Cheng been forced to wear handcuffs?
(a) Thirteen days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Eleven days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Cheng's porcelain collection was returned to her?
2. While the interrogators were trying to get Cheng to confirm her brother's accusation, what did they refuse to give her?
3. What book did Da De bring when he first came to Cheng to learn English?
4. What language were all Chinese supposed to speak?
5. When did Cheng's brother make a confession that caused problems for Cheng?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)