|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of club where Cheng danced with a Swiss friend in the 1950s?
(a) British Club.
(b) German Club.
(c) French Club.
(d) Shanghai Club.
2. How many categories of enemies were there during the Cultural Revolution?
3. How long did Cheng believe that she had to stand and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in December 1948?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Five hours.
4. How would Cheng and Meiping communicate when Cheng was under house arrest?
(a) Through notes in the garden.
(b) By notes left in the bathroom.
(c) Through Lao-zhao.
(d) By meeting when the guards were asleep.
5. How long did it take the Communist Party to overthrow the Kuomintang government?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 31 years.
6. What does Cheng say that her collection may be worth when the Red Guards are looting her home?
(a) A thousan yuan.
(b) A million yuan.
(c) One hundred thousand yuan.
(d) Ten thousand yuan.
7. Where did Li Zhen's children live?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(d) Hong Kong.
8. What color flowers were growing on weeds in a corner of the exercise yard at No. 1 Detention House?
9. In Chapter 9, to which ward at the hospital was Cheng taken?
(a) Surgical ward.
(b) Orthopedic ward.
(c) TB ward.
(d) Infectious diseases ward.
10. When did the Red Guards come to loot Cheng's house?
(a) March 12, 1965.
(b) September 12, 1968.
(c) December 1, 1967.
(d) August 30, 1966.
11. How many men were in the vehicle that took Cheng from her struggle meeting?
12. When was Mao's essay "On the Dictatorship of the People's Democracy" published?
(a) May 12, 1950.
(b) June 23, 1951.
(c) July 1, 1949.
(d) April 13, 1948.
13. What did the country lad who had been promoted to doctor say Cheng's illness was at first?
14. What time of day was it when Cheng was driven through the streets of Shanghai in the police vehicle?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
15. What business did Mr. Hu own until 1956?
(a) Cereal factory.
(b) Paint factory.
(c) Clothing factory.
(d) Canned goods factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. By January 1969, how long had it been since Cheng was interrogated?
2. When did Defense Minister Lin Biao abolish all military insignia?
3. Who was named Mao's successor at the Ninth Party Congress?
4. Who gave Cheng a cup of hot water during Cheng's second winter at the detention house when she had a bad cold?
5. Where was Cheng kicked when she tried to stop a young man from breaking some of her collection when the Red Guards were in her home?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)