|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Cheng withdraw from her bank after the organization of the Red Guards?
(a) 20,000 yuan.
(b) 8,000 yuan.
(c) 6,000 yuan.
(d) 10,000 yuan.
2. How many rooms and bathrooms were in Cheng's house?
(a) Five rooms and two bathrooms.
(b) Nine rooms and four bathrooms.
(c) Seven rooms and three bathrooms.
(d) Four rooms and one bathroom.
3. How old was the prisoner assigned to Cheng's cell in 1969?
(a) About 35.
(b) Early 30s.
(c) Early 20s.
(d) About 25.
4. What was the name of club where Cheng danced with a Swiss friend in the 1950s?
(a) British Club.
(b) Shanghai Club.
(c) German Club.
(d) French Club.
5. How many people did Mr. Hu say in each organization must be declared to be the "enemy" because that is the percentage that Chairman Mao mentioned in a speech?
(a) Twelve per cent.
(b) One per cent.
(c) Six per cent.
(d) Three to five per cent.
6. What had Cheng's servant Lao-zhao left for her on a tray on a coffee table on July 3, 1966?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Iced coffee.
(d) Iced water.
7. How much money did Cheng save to give to her gardener?
(a) 300 yuan.
(b) 800 yuan.
(c) 700 yuan.
(d) 400 yuan.
8. How long did it take the Communist Party to overthrow the Kuomintang government?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 31 years.
9. Approximately how many prisoners worked in TIlanqiao prison compound producing goods?
(a) Over 10,000.
(b) About 15,000.
(c) Over 20,000.
(d) About 8,000.
10. Who gave Cheng a cup of hot water during Cheng's second winter at the detention house when she had a bad cold?
(a) A guard.
(b) A former female interrogator.
(c) A Labor Reform worker.
(d) Her former interrogator.
11. Who had been staying at the technical school where Cheng's struggle meeting was held?
(a) Labor Reform Workers.
(b) Former teachers.
(c) Ex-staff of Shell.
(d) Former business owners.
12. When did Cheng meet up with Xiao Xu again in Hong Kong?
13. Who signed the order permitting Shell to retain its head office in Shanghai?
(a) Zhou Enlai.
(b) Han Suyin.
(c) Sun Yatsen.
(d) Mao Yuanxin.
14. How many years was the Cultural Revolution in effect?
15. When did Cheng visit the tomb of Ming emperor Wanli?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cheng use to make an eye shade to cover her eyes at night?
2. How many sheets of papers did Cheng use for her autobiography?
3. What does Cheng say that her collection may be worth when the Red Guards are looting her home?
4. How many pockets could officers have on their uniforms?
5. What was Cheng doing when she was told to report for her first interrogation session?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)