|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of her house was Cheng locked in while the Red Guard looted her home?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Meiping's room.
(c) Dining room.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What type of trees lined the drive of No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Tallow trees.
(b) Plum trees.
(c) Maple trees.
(d) Willow trees.
3. How long after Meiping's birthday party did Li Zhen commit suicide?
(a) A month later.
(b) Two weeks. later.
(c) Eight weeks later.
(d) About three months later.
4. When Cheng went upstairs to use the bathroom during the looting of her home, what was a young man about to step on and break?
(a) Chinese porcelain.
(b) Celadon pottery.
(c) A blanc de chine Goddess of Mercy.
(d) A Kangxi winecup.
5. What does Cheng say that her collection may be worth when the Red Guards are looting her home?
(a) Ten thousand yuan.
(b) One hundred thousand yuan.
(c) A million yuan.
(d) A thousan yuan.
6. When did the revolution occur that occur that made China a republic?
7. What did Cheng silently recite to herself when handcuffs were waved at her and she was ordered to confess?
(a) John 14.
(b) Lamentations 3.
(c) Psalm 23.
(d) Psalm 27.
8. Who had been staying at the technical school where Cheng's struggle meeting was held?
(a) Labor Reform Workers.
(b) Former business owners.
(c) Ex-staff of Shell.
(d) Former teachers.
9. How would Cheng and Meiping communicate when Cheng was under house arrest?
(a) By notes left in the bathroom.
(b) Through notes in the garden.
(c) By meeting when the guards were asleep.
(d) Through Lao-zhao.
10. When was Mao's essay "On the Dictatorship of the People's Democracy" published?
(a) May 12, 1950.
(b) July 1, 1949.
(c) June 23, 1951.
(d) April 13, 1948.
11. When was the Chinese Communist Party founded?
12. How did Cheng get to and from the struggle meeting for lunch on July 4, 1966?
(a) By bus.
(b) By pedicab.
(c) By walking.
(d) By car.
13. What was the road in front of the former British consulate renamed?
(a) Revolutionary Boulevard.
(b) Ouyanghai Road.
(c) Anti-Imperialist Street.
(d) Anti-Revisionist Street.
14. How old was the prisoner assigned to Cheng's cell in 1969?
(a) Early 30s.
(b) Early 20s.
(c) About 35.
(d) About 25.
15. How much money was Cheng carrying when she arrived at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) 300 yuan.
(b) 400 yuan.
(c) 200 yuan.
(d) 100 yuan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How late did the interrogator say that Cheng was to vote in an election for the Shanghai People's Congress?
2. How many men were in the interrogation room when Cheng was taken for her first interrogation?
3. When did the Red Guards seize power in Shanghai?
4. By 1966, how many years had passed since Cheng's husband had died?
5. When did Cheng visit the tomb of Ming emperor Wanli?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)