|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was issued for Cheng and left in her cell while she was being interrogated in Chapter 8?
(a) Another blanket.
(b) A warm jacket.
(c) Hot drinking water.
(d) Warm rice.
2. What type of flowers were in a Qjanlong vase on Cheng's desk?
3. At Cheng's struggle meeting, the man in the tinted glasses told how many Chinese were killed in the eight year war with Japan. How many Chinese were killed?
(a) Ten million.
(b) Twelve million.
(c) Five million.
(d) One million.
4. When did the Red Guards come to loot Cheng's house?
(a) December 1, 1967.
(b) March 12, 1965.
(c) September 12, 1968.
(d) August 30, 1966.
5. Approximately how many prisoners worked in TIlanqiao prison compound producing goods?
(a) Over 20,000.
(b) About 8,000.
(c) About 15,000.
(d) Over 10,000.
6. What time was Cheng left along in her cell at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
7. In Chapter 9, to which ward at the hospital was Cheng taken?
(a) Orthopedic ward.
(b) Surgical ward.
(c) Infectious diseases ward.
(d) TB ward.
8. How many men were in the vehicle that took Cheng from her struggle meeting?
9. Who did the interrogator say was a double agent at Shell?
(a) The Australian secretary to the general manager.
(b) The British secretary to the general manager.
(c) The White Russian secretary to the general manager.
(d) The German secretary to the general manager.
10. Where did Mao get the gift that he sent to workers at Qinghua University in August of 1968?
(a) Pakistan's foreign minister.
(b) Thailand's foreign minister.
(c) Indian's foreign minister.
(d) Australia's foreign minister.
11. In March 1969 at the technical school, what did Cheng do when she heard Tao's confession?
12. How would Cheng and Meiping communicate when Cheng was under house arrest?
(a) Through Lao-zhao.
(b) By meeting when the guards were asleep.
(c) Through notes in the garden.
(d) By notes left in the bathroom.
13. When did the revolution occur that occur that made China a republic?
14. How many days was Cheng forced to return to the interrogation room and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in 1948?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
15. In 1966, what did Winnie Huang's husband Henry teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cheng was in the hospital for her hemorrhaging, what extra food was she given one evening?
2. What was the real source of news for the Chinese people?
3. How many senior high school students who were members of the Red Guard came to loot Cheng's house?
4. What number was Cheng assigned when she was taken to No. 1 Dentention House?
5. When did Cheng meet up with Xiao Xu again in Hong Kong?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)