|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cheng was taken to a struggle meeting on July 4, 1966, who was the target of the meeting?
(a) Qi Baishi.
(b) Tao Feng.
(c) Chen Yun.
(d) Deng Xiaoping.
2. Who was the hero of the coup when the Red Guards and Revolutionaries seized power in Shanghai?
(a) Yao Wenyuan.
(b) Xu Jingxian.
(c) Wang Hongwen.
(d) Qi Baishi.
3. Who did Cheng quote when the interrogator said that one of Mao's quotes was not meant to refer to her?
(a) Han Suyin.
(b) Deng Xiaoping.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Marshal Lin Biao.
4. In Chapter 7, when did Cheng stop receiving a newspaper in her cell?
(a) December 27.
(b) December 2.
(c) November 15.
(d) November 30.
5. How late did the interrogator say that Cheng was to vote in an election for the Shanghai People's Congress?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
6. How many sheets of papers did Cheng use for her autobiography?
7. Who was named Mao's successor at the Ninth Party Congress?
(a) Zhou Enlai.
(b) Lin Biao.
(c) Jiang Qing.
(d) Chen Yi.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what flowers could Cheng smell from her garden?
(d) Flowering plum.
9. When Cheng went to the hospital in Chapter 7, how many months had she been in No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Sixteen months.
(d) Fifteen months.
10. What was the name of club where Cheng danced with a Swiss friend in the 1950s?
(a) French Club.
(b) Shanghai Club.
(c) German Club.
(d) British Club.
11. What type of trees lined the drive of No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Tallow trees.
(b) Maple trees.
(c) Plum trees.
(d) Willow trees.
12. In 1966, where did Winnie Huang teach English and Latin?
(a) Tongji University.
(b) Fudan University.
(c) At the medical college.
(d) Donghua University.
13. What was Cheng served for lunch the first day she was at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Rice and pickled vegetables.
(b) Lukewarm watery rice porridge.
(c) Dry rice and boiled green cabbage.
(d) Watery broth.
14. By January 1969, how long had it been since Cheng was interrogated?
(a) Over two years.
(b) Over three years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Sixteen months.
15. What did Cheng use to make an eye shade to cover her eyes at night?
(a) A towel.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) Toilet paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tao's job at Shell?
2. When was Mao's essay "On the Dictatorship of the People's Democracy" published?
3. How long did Cheng believe that she had to stand and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in December 1948?
4. How many rooms and bathrooms were in Cheng's house?
5. When was the Chinese Communist Party founded?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)