|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Cheng take with her when she went to let the Red Guard into her home?
(a) The Art of War.
(b) The Little Red Book.
(c) Constitution of the People's Republic.
(d) On Practice and Contradiction.
2. How many men were in the interrogation room when Cheng was taken for her first interrogation?
3. What type of vehicle was used to take Cheng to and from the struggle meeting?
(a) A Soviet car.
(b) Black jeep.
(c) A heavy duty truck.
(d) Green jeep.
4. When did Cheng meet up with Xiao Xu again in Hong Kong?
5. At Cheng's struggle meeting, the man in the tinted glasses told how many Chinese were killed in the eight year war with Japan. How many Chinese were killed?
(a) One million.
(b) Five million.
(c) Twelve million.
(d) Ten million.
6. What was issued for Cheng and left in her cell while she was being interrogated in Chapter 8?
(a) Another blanket.
(b) Hot drinking water.
(c) Warm rice.
(d) A warm jacket.
7. What was Tao's job at Shell?
(a) Chief accountant.
(b) Chief lawyer.
(c) Assistant manager.
8. What year did Mr. Hu start the business that later was turned over to the Communists?
9. In 1966, how many people in Shanghai lived as Westerners?
(a) A dozen or so families.
(b) Maybe twenty families.
(c) A couple dozen familes.
(d) Five or six familes.
10. What did the country lad who had been promoted to doctor say Cheng's illness was at first?
11. What time of day was it when Cheng was driven through the streets of Shanghai in the police vehicle?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 p.m.
12. Where did Mao get the gift that he sent to workers at Qinghua University in August of 1968?
(a) Thailand's foreign minister.
(b) Indian's foreign minister.
(c) Australia's foreign minister.
(d) Pakistan's foreign minister.
13. What type of flowers were in a Qjanlong vase on Cheng's desk?
14. At No. 1 Detention House, when did Cheng wake with a streaming cold and a severe headache?
(a) End of November.
(b) End of September.
(c) End of October.
(d) End of December.
15. What number was Cheng assigned when she was taken to No. 1 Dentention House?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days was Cheng forced to return to the interrogation room and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in 1948?
2. Who was named to conduct the Cultural Revolution in Shanghai by Mao's wife?
3. When did the Red Guards seize power in Shanghai?
4. What physical problems was Cheng having in the fall of 1968?
5. What did Cheng use to make an eye shade to cover her eyes at night?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)