|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Cheng served for lunch the first day she was at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Lukewarm watery rice porridge.
(b) Dry rice and boiled green cabbage.
(c) Watery broth.
(d) Rice and pickled vegetables.
2. What time of day was it when Cheng was driven through the streets of Shanghai in the police vehicle?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 p.m.
3. When Cheng went to the hospital in Chapter 7, how many months had she been in No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Fifteen months.
(d) Thirteen months.
4. Where did Li Zhen's children live?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Hong Kong.
5. In Chapter 9, to which ward at the hospital was Cheng taken?
(a) Surgical ward.
(b) Infectious diseases ward.
(c) TB ward.
(d) Orthopedic ward.
6. What was the date of Meiping's birthday?
(a) August 30.
(b) May 31.
(c) August 18.
(d) May 12.
7. When did Cheng meet up with Xiao Xu again in Hong Kong?
8. When was Cheng's struggle meeting held?
(a) August 13, 1966.
(b) November 17, 1966.
(c) October 12, 1966.
(d) September 27, 1966.
9. By the winter of 1967, how many times a day did everyone have to read from Mao's book of quotations?
(a) Two times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Five times.
10. When was the Ninth Party Congress held in Beijing?
(a) July 1, 1969.
(b) March 1, 1969.
(c) April 1, 1969.
(d) September 1, 1969.
11. How many sheets of papers did Cheng use for her autobiography?
12. What was every radio station broadcasting in Chapter 4?
(a) An article from the "Shanghai Liberation Daily."
(b) The announcement of the person to conduct the Cultural Revolution in Shanghai.
(c) The news of a plot by the capitalists.
(d) Lead article from the "People's Daily."
13. How many men were in the interrogation room when Cheng was taken for her first interrogation?
14. What was the name of club where Cheng danced with a Swiss friend in the 1950s?
(a) Shanghai Club.
(b) German Club.
(c) French Club.
(d) British Club.
15. What number was Cheng assigned when she was taken to No. 1 Dentention House?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers were in a Qjanlong vase on Cheng's desk?
2. What was Cheng doing when she was told to report for her first interrogation session?
3. In 1956, where did Cheng and her husband visit offices of Shell Corporation?
4. Approximately how many prisoners worked in TIlanqiao prison compound producing goods?
5. How often did Cheng travel to Hong Kong when she worked at Shell?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)