|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Cheng's struggle meeting held?
(a) August 13, 1966.
(b) November 17, 1966.
(c) October 12, 1966.
(d) September 27, 1966.
2. In March 1969 at the technical school, what did Cheng do when she heard Tao's confession?
3. What was the date of Meiping's birthday?
(a) May 12.
(b) August 18.
(c) August 30.
(d) May 31.
4. When Cheng was taken to a struggle meeting on July 4, 1966, who was the target of the meeting?
(a) Chen Yun.
(b) Qi Baishi.
(c) Deng Xiaoping.
(d) Tao Feng.
5. When Cheng was taken to an interrogation in Chapter 8, how many men were in the room?
6. What type of trees lined the drive of No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Tallow trees.
(b) Plum trees.
(c) Willow trees.
(d) Maple trees.
7. When was the Chinese Communist Party founded?
8. What was Cheng served for lunch the first day she was at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Dry rice and boiled green cabbage.
(b) Rice and pickled vegetables.
(c) Lukewarm watery rice porridge.
(d) Watery broth.
9. While Cheng was in the hospital for her hemorrhaging, what extra food was she given one evening?
(a) A small banana.
(b) A small orange.
(c) An apple.
(d) A pear.
10. What direction did Cheng's cell face at No. 1 Detention House?
11. How many days was Cheng forced to return to the interrogation room and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in 1948?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 days.
12. When did the Red Guards seize power in Shanghai?
(a) January 27.
(b) January 4.
(c) January 12.
(d) January 15.
13. How many men were in the vehicle that took Cheng from her struggle meeting?
14. Where did Cheng and her husband meet?
(c) United States.
15. What year did Mr. Hu start the business that later was turned over to the Communists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Cheng defend when she was interrogated in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 7, when did Cheng stop receiving a newspaper in her cell?
3. How long after Meiping's birthday party did Li Zhen commit suicide?
4. How many sheets of papers did Cheng use for her autobiography?
5. What was every radio station broadcasting in Chapter 4?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)