|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the revolution occur that occur that made China a republic?
2. How much money was Cheng carrying when she arrived at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) 400 yuan.
(b) 300 yuan.
(c) 200 yuan.
(d) 100 yuan.
3. When did the Red Guards come to loot Cheng's house?
(a) December 1, 1967.
(b) March 12, 1965.
(c) September 12, 1968.
(d) August 30, 1966.
4. How many men were in the vehicle that took Cheng from her struggle meeting?
5. When did the "Liberation Daily" publish Mao's call for the army to support the leftists?
(a) Fall, 1967.
(b) Summer, 1967.
(c) Spring, 1967.
(d) Winter, 1967.
6. What was the penalty for attempting to escape to Hong Kong?
(a) Thirty-five years in prison.
(b) Thirty to forty years in prison.
(c) Ten to twenty years in prison.
(d) Fifteen years in prison.
7. When Cheng was taken to a struggle meeting on July 4, 1966, who was the target of the meeting?
(a) Tao Feng.
(b) Deng Xiaoping.
(c) Chen Yun.
(d) Qi Baishi.
8. When Cheng was taken to an interrogation in Chapter 8, how many men were in the room?
9. How late did the interrogator say that Cheng was to vote in an election for the Shanghai People's Congress?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
10. What time was Cheng left along in her cell at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
11. What type of flowers were in a Qjanlong vase on Cheng's desk?
12. Where did Cheng and her husband meet?
(a) United States.
13. Where did Mao get the gift that he sent to workers at Qinghua University in August of 1968?
(a) Thailand's foreign minister.
(b) Indian's foreign minister.
(c) Australia's foreign minister.
(d) Pakistan's foreign minister.
14. How many rooms and bathrooms were in Cheng's house?
(a) Seven rooms and three bathrooms.
(b) Four rooms and one bathroom.
(c) Nine rooms and four bathrooms.
(d) Five rooms and two bathrooms.
15. What type of trees lined the drive of No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Willow trees.
(b) Tallow trees.
(c) Plum trees.
(d) Maple trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cheng silently recite to herself when handcuffs were waved at her and she was ordered to confess?
2. How many pockets could officers have on their uniforms?
3. When was Mao's essay "On the Dictatorship of the People's Democracy" published?
4. At No. 1 Detention House, when did Cheng wake with a streaming cold and a severe headache?
5. What watch is missing when the Red Guards ask Cheng to inventory her jewelry?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)