|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 17, Rehabilitation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1966, how many people in Shanghai lived as Westerners?
(a) Five or six familes.
(b) A dozen or so families.
(c) Maybe twenty families.
(d) A couple dozen familes.
2. During the autumn of 1970, what American writer had his photo taken with Mao?
(a) Cormac McCarthy.
(b) Edgar Snow.
(c) Thomas Pynchon.
(d) Don DeLillo.
3. Who was the only person Cheng knew who succeeded in committing suicide in No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Dr. Song.
(b) Li Zhen.
(c) Chen Yi.
(d) Dr. Huang.
4. Where did Ai-yi's husband and son live?
5. Who was waiting for Cheng when she was released from the detention house?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Communist Army enter Shanghai?
2. What business did Mr. Hu own until 1956?
3. Who came to whitewash Cheng's new living quarters after her release from the detention house?
4. How often were prisoners allowed a hot shower at No. 1 Detention House?
5. How many people did Mr. Hu say in each organization must be declared to be the "enemy" because that is the percentage that Chairman Mao mentioned in a speech?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)