|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 17, Rehabilitation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chinese New Year celebrations last when Cheng was a child?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) One month.
(c) Forty-five days.
(d) Two months.
2. Who gave Cheng a cup of hot water during Cheng's second winter at the detention house when she had a bad cold?
(a) Her former interrogator.
(b) A guard.
(c) A Labor Reform worker.
(d) A former female interrogator.
3. What watch is missing when the Red Guards ask Cheng to inventory her jewelry?
(a) A Swiss watch.
(b) A German watch.
(c) A British Watch.
(d) Her husband's watch.
4. When did Cheng's brother make a confession that caused problems for Cheng?
(a) End of 1969.
(b) In 1967.
(c) In 1966.
(d) End of 1968.
5. When Cheng went upstairs to use the bathroom during the looting of her home, what was a young man about to step on and break?
(a) A blanc de chine Goddess of Mercy.
(b) Celadon pottery.
(c) Chinese porcelain.
(d) A Kangxi winecup.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the interrogators were trying to get Cheng to confirm her brother's accusation, what did they refuse to give her?
2. What language were all Chinese supposed to speak?
3. How many lived in the Zhu's half of the house?
4. During the time when Cheng was imprisoned, where did Cheng's brother live?
5. When did the "Liberation Daily" publish Mao's call for the army to support the leftists?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)