|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 12, Release.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of her house was Cheng locked in while the Red Guard looted her home?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Dining room.
(c) Meiping's room.
(d) Her bedroom.
2. By 1966, how many years had passed since Cheng's husband had died?
(a) Nearly 10 years.
(b) Nearly 9 years.
(c) About 8 years.
(d) About 7 years.
3. Who did the interrogator say was a double agent at Shell?
(a) The White Russian secretary to the general manager.
(b) The German secretary to the general manager.
(c) The Australian secretary to the general manager.
(d) The British secretary to the general manager.
4. How did Cheng get to and from the struggle meeting for lunch on July 4, 1966?
(a) By bus.
(b) By walking.
(c) By car.
(d) By pedicab.
5. What was Cheng served for lunch the first day she was at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Dry rice and boiled green cabbage.
(b) Rice and pickled vegetables.
(c) Lukewarm watery rice porridge.
(d) Watery broth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what flowers could Cheng smell from her garden?
2. When was the Chinese Communist Party founded?
3. In 1966, how many people in Shanghai lived as Westerners?
4. In 1956, where did Cheng and her husband visit offices of Shell Corporation?
5. What watch is missing when the Red Guards ask Cheng to inventory her jewelry?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)