|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 12, Release.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1956, where did Cheng and her husband visit offices of Shell Corporation?
(a) London and The Hague.
(b) Belgium and France.
(c) Germany and Hong Kong.
(d) Australia and the United States.
2. In the 1970s, who was the chief party secretary in Shanghai?
(a) Yao Wenyuan.
(b) Lin Liguo.
(c) Wan Li.
(d) Zhang Chunqiao.
3. When was Mao's essay "On the Dictatorship of the People's Democracy" published?
(a) June 23, 1951.
(b) May 12, 1950.
(c) April 13, 1948.
(d) July 1, 1949.
4. How often were prisoners allowed a hot shower at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Every other month.
(d) Every three months.
5. When Cheng went to the hospital in Chapter 7, how many months had she been in No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Fifteen months.
(d) Sixteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trees lined the drive of No. 1 Detention House?
2. How long did it take after Cheng was manacled for her to be able to stretch her arms straight out in front of her?
3. When did Cheng visit the tomb of Ming emperor Wanli?
4. When was the Chinese Communist Party founded?
5. Where was Cheng kicked when she tried to stop a young man from breaking some of her collection when the Red Guards were in her home?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)