|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 12, Release.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Cheng's struggle meeting, the man in the tinted glasses told how many Chinese were killed in the eight year war with Japan. How many Chinese were killed?
(a) Ten million.
(b) Five million.
(c) Twelve million.
(d) One million.
2. In 1966, how many people in Shanghai lived as Westerners?
(a) Five or six familes.
(b) A dozen or so families.
(c) Maybe twenty families.
(d) A couple dozen familes.
3. Who was the only person Cheng knew who succeeded in committing suicide in No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Dr. Huang.
(b) Li Zhen.
(c) Dr. Song.
(d) Chen Yi.
4. When was Mao's essay "On the Dictatorship of the People's Democracy" published?
(a) April 13, 1948.
(b) May 12, 1950.
(c) June 23, 1951.
(d) July 1, 1949.
5. When Cheng went to the hospital in Chapter 7, how many months had she been in No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Fifteen months.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Thirteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Chinese Communist Party founded?
2. What day of the week were prisoners in No. 1 Detention House allowed to have brooms?
3. What vehicle was waiting to take Cheng to her new home after her release from the detention house?
4. In Chapter 7, when did Cheng stop receiving a newspaper in her cell?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what flowers could Cheng smell from her garden?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)