|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 7, The January Revolution and Military Control.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cheng went to the hospital in Chapter 7, how many months had she been in No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Fifteen months.
2. How many years was the Cultural Revolution in effect?
3. What was the date of Meiping's birthday?
(a) May 31.
(b) August 30.
(c) May 12.
(d) August 18.
4. What type of trees lined the drive of No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Tallow trees.
(b) Willow trees.
(c) Plum trees.
(d) Maple trees.
5. How long did it take the Communist Party to overthrow the Kuomintang government?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 31 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 17 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her house was Cheng locked in while the Red Guard looted her home?
2. In Chapter 7, when did Cheng stop receiving a newspaper in her cell?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what flowers could Cheng smell from her garden?
4. When was Mao's essay "On the Dictatorship of the People's Democracy" published?
5. When Cheng went upstairs to use the bathroom during the looting of her home, what was a young man about to step on and break?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)