|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 7, The January Revolution and Military Control.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was every radio station broadcasting in Chapter 4?
(a) Lead article from the "People's Daily."
(b) An article from the "Shanghai Liberation Daily."
(c) The news of a plot by the capitalists.
(d) The announcement of the person to conduct the Cultural Revolution in Shanghai.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what flowers could Cheng smell from her garden?
(c) Flowering plum.
3. What was Cheng reading when the Red Guards came to loot her house?
(a) The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.
(b) Civil Disobedience.
(c) The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union.
(d) Das Kapital.
4. How much money was Cheng carrying when she arrived at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) 300 yuan.
(b) 200 yuan.
(c) 100 yuan.
(d) 400 yuan.
5. When Cheng was taken to a struggle meeting on July 4, 1966, who was the target of the meeting?
(a) Qi Baishi.
(b) Tao Feng.
(c) Deng Xiaoping.
(d) Chen Yun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What predominant emotion did Cheng feel during the struggle meeting held for her?
2. What foreign company did Cheng's husband serve as general manager of their Shanghai office?
3. What was the penalty for attempting to escape to Hong Kong?
4. How would Cheng and Meiping communicate when Cheng was under house arrest?
5. Where did Cheng and her husband meet?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)