|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 7, The January Revolution and Military Control.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Beijing publish the official propaganda line that the Kuomintang were about to launch an attack?
2. What was the road in front of the former British consulate renamed?
(a) Anti-Revisionist Street.
(b) Ouyanghai Road.
(c) Anti-Imperialist Street.
(d) Revolutionary Boulevard.
3. When Cheng was taken to a struggle meeting on July 4, 1966, who was the target of the meeting?
(a) Qi Baishi.
(b) Chen Yun.
(c) Tao Feng.
(d) Deng Xiaoping.
4. What did a prisoner sing on Christmas Eve?
(a) Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
(b) O Come All Ye Faithful.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) The First Noel.
5. How long did it take the Communist Party to overthrow the Kuomintang government?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 31 years.
(d) 12 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Mr. Hu say in each organization must be declared to be the "enemy" because that is the percentage that Chairman Mao mentioned in a speech?
2. What book did Cheng take with her when she went to let the Red Guard into her home?
3. What did Cheng silently recite to herself when handcuffs were waved at her and she was ordered to confess?
4. What did the country lad who had been promoted to doctor say Cheng's illness was at first?
5. When did the Red Guards seize power in Shanghai?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)