|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 5, Solitary Confinement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cheng get to and from the struggle meeting for lunch on July 4, 1966?
(a) By pedicab.
(b) By walking.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
2. How would Cheng and Meiping communicate when Cheng was under house arrest?
(a) By meeting when the guards were asleep.
(b) Through Lao-zhao.
(c) By notes left in the bathroom.
(d) Through notes in the garden.
3. What was the real source of news for the Chinese people?
(a) Underground pamphlets.
(b) Foreign newspapers.
(d) Footpath news.
4. How much money did Cheng save to give to her gardener?
(a) 800 yuan.
(b) 300 yuan.
(c) 700 yuan.
(d) 400 yuan.
5. When Cheng was taken to a struggle meeting on July 4, 1966, who was the target of the meeting?
(a) Tao Feng.
(b) Qi Baishi.
(c) Chen Yun.
(d) Deng Xiaoping.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Communist Army enter Shanghai?
2. When was possession of firearms in China declared to be illegal?
3. What did Cheng silently recite to herself when handcuffs were waved at her and she was ordered to confess?
4. What had Cheng's servant Lao-zhao left for her on a tray on a coffee table on July 3, 1966?
5. What was Cheng served for lunch the first day she was at No. 1 Detention House?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)