|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 14, The Search for the Truth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Meiping living after the Revolutionaries took Cheng away?
(a) In a doctor's house.
(b) In Cheng's house.
(c) At the film studio.
(d) At Professor Chen's house.
2. What color flowers were growing on weeds in a corner of the exercise yard at No. 1 Detention House?
3. What was the name of club where Cheng danced with a Swiss friend in the 1950s?
(a) German Club.
(b) British Club.
(c) Shanghai Club.
(d) French Club.
4. What was Cheng served for lunch the first day she was at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) Rice and pickled vegetables.
(b) Lukewarm watery rice porridge.
(c) Watery broth.
(d) Dry rice and boiled green cabbage.
5. What did Cheng's old gardener tell her happened to Lao-zhao when he was beaten by the Red Guards?
(a) Cracked a rib.
(b) Broke his leg.
(c) Broke his arm.
(d) Received a concussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cheng was in the hospital for her hemorrhaging, what extra food was she given one evening?
2. Who accompanied Cheng to the hospital in Chapter 9?
3. What time of day was it when Cheng was driven through the streets of Shanghai in the police vehicle?
4. What number was Cheng assigned when she was taken to No. 1 Dentention House?
5. What was the name of Meiping's fiance?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)