|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 14, The Search for the Truth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time was Cheng left along in her cell at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) 4:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
2. What was the name of Meiping's fiance?
(a) Du Fu.
(b) Chen Yi.
(c) Sun Kai.
(d) Tang Yin.
3. What did Cheng's old gardener tell her happened to Lao-zhao when he was beaten by the Red Guards?
(a) Received a concussion.
(b) Broke his arm.
(c) Cracked a rib.
(d) Broke his leg.
4. How much money was Cheng carrying when she arrived at No. 1 Detention House?
(a) 300 yuan.
(b) 100 yuan.
(c) 400 yuan.
(d) 200 yuan.
5. How long did Cheng believe that she had to stand and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in December 1948?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Eight hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the real source of news for the Chinese people?
2. How many days was Cheng forced to return to the interrogation room and read a letter drafted by Mao Zedong in 1948?
3. How far did the Zhus have to go to get water and use the bathroom after the Red Guards looted their home?
4. What did Cheng use to make an eye shade to cover her eyes at night?
5. What direction did Cheng's cell face at No. 1 Detention House?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)