|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night after the British take the fort, how many hours of sleep does Bush get to sleep before taking the morning watch?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
2. What colors are the Spanish officers' uniforms?
(a) Blue and white.
(b) Blue and gold.
(c) White and gold.
(d) Green and white.
3. Hornblower resides at ___________________.
(a) Keppel's Head.
(b) Highbury Street.
(c) The Long Rooms.
(d) The Navy Office.
4. Who does Bush send to tell Hornblower that the gun was unbushed?
5. During the Court of Inquiry, Buckland is what?
(a) Emotionless and tired.
(b) Pale and unhappy.
(c) Unhappy and tired.
(d) Pale and tired.
6. Who says, "No peace for the wicked"?
7. The "Morning Chronicle" says Napoleon is going to call himself __________________.
(b) First Consul.
8. The landlady's daughter's name is ___________________.
9. What is the British currency prior to the use of "dirty notes"?
(a) The Florin.
(b) Silver pieces.
(c) Pound sterling.
(d) Golden guineas.
10. Who wins the last hand of whist?
(a) Hornblower and the Colonel.
(b) It is a tie.
(c) Admiral Parry and Hornblower.
(d) Admiral Lambert and the Colonel.
11. How many prize ships follow the Renown out of Samana Bay?
12. At the time of the declaration of peace, the world has been at war for ___ years.
13. While discussing their plans for the Spanish, Buckland tells Hornblower that he talks like a __________________.
(c) Sea lawyer.
14. Hornblower is in charge of the ships by commanding the largest called _________________.
(a) La Infanta.
(b) La Maria.
(c) La Gaditana.
(d) La Cristobal.
15. Horatio suggests that they use a ________ from the ship to attack the far end of the bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Admiral Parry, who plays whist at the Long Rooms with Hornblower, is nicknamed __________________.
2. While Bush fights off revolting Spanish prisoners, he is wounded _____ times and requires _____ stitches to secure the wounds.
3. Upon their arrival at Kingston, Buckland has an interview with _______.
4. How much of his pay has Bush been giving his sisters since he first joined the Royal Navy?
5. Bush hadn't been to the Kingston station in _____ years.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)