Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Lt. William Bush boards at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Which sailor(s) on the ship have a higher rank than Junior Lieutenant Horatio Hornblower?
3. What rank is Hornblower on the ship?
4. What rank is Bush on the ship?
5. Smith is ranked __________.
6. Lieutenants are promoted through merit _______.
7. What is the known destination of the ship?
8. Captain Sawyer's attitude when he looks around the quarterdeck for the first time revolves around ______________.
9. Who says, "You wear your guilt on your face, Mr. Bush. I'll remember this"?
This section contains 3,610 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)