1. What is the name of the ship that Lt. William Bush boards at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Which sailor(s) on the ship have a higher rank than Junior Lieutenant Horatio Hornblower?
(c) All of the answers are correct.
3. What rank is Hornblower on the ship?
4. What rank is Bush on the ship?
5. Smith is ranked __________.
6. Lieutenants are promoted through merit _______.
(a) Only when prisoners are captured.
(b) Every few years.
7. What is the known destination of the ship?
(a) The West Indies.
(b) The Netherlands.
8. Captain Sawyer's attitude when he looks around the quarterdeck for the first time revolves around ______________.
9. Who says, "You wear your guilt on your face, Mr. Bush. I'll remember this"?
(c) Captain Sawyer.
This section contains 3,610 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)