|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen tell Milton and Peyton when they return to the hospital?
(a) Maudie has to stay for awhile.
(b) Maudie is dead.
(c) Maudie is dying.
(d) Maudie is being released.
2. What is the name of the tearoom where Helen meets Dolly Bonner?
(b) The Tea Cozy.
(c) Russian Tearoom.
(d) Wonderland Tearoom.
3. Where does Dolly admit to Helen that she had been intimate with Milton?
(a) After church.
(b) After a School Board meeting.
(c) At Peyton's birthday party at the club.
(d) At a football game.
4. What is the literary technique used when portraying Helen as restrained on the day of her daughter's funeral when the person in #100 has an emotional outburst?
5. Helen does not seek out Carey for spiritual solace but ______________________.
(a) To get financial advice.
(b) To gossip about other church members.
(c) To validate her hatred.
(d) To organize bake sales.
6. Who does Milton run into in Charlottesville?
(a) An old fraternity buddy.
7. How does Peyton injure Helen before leaving on her honeymoon?
(a) Scratches her face and draws blood.
(b) Pushes her down the stairs.
(c) Slaps her face.
(d) Throws a glass at her.
8. What is Helen's demeanor as they leave the house for the funeral?
9. What does Harry caution Peyton about on their wedding day?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Being late to her own wedding.
(c) Talking too much.
(d) Staying too late.
10. How old is Carey Carr?
11. Where do Milton and Dolly spend the night when Helen is out of town?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In a bed and breakfast.
(c) In Helen's bed.
(d) In Dolly's home.
12. Why does the person in #100 have an emotional outburst?
(a) She wants more attention from her mother.
(b) Peyton is being buried today.
(c) She is not allowed to drive the car.
(d) She has broken up with her boyfriend.
13. What is notable about Peyton on her wedding day?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is stunning.
(d) She is doubtful.
14. Helen views Peyton and Milton as _____________________.
(a) More social than she.
(b) Highly creative people.
(c) Best friends.
(d) Co-conspirators in the destruction of their family.
15. To whom is Milton writing a letter while Helen and Maudie are out of town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the boyfriend Peyton brings home from college?
2. Where do Peyton and Harry go on their honeymoon?
3. Where do Carey and Helen meet the hearse on the way to the cemetery?
4. What is the name of Helen's brother who was at the Loftis home at the time?
5. Why does Carey Carr take Helen to the location in #85?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)