|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Milton watch during Peyton's wedding?
(a) The candles.
(b) Peyton's face.
(c) Peyton's derriere.
(d) The minister.
2. Where will Helen's brother be going after his visit with her family?
3. Carey recalls that after Maudie's death, Helen and Milton ____________________.
(a) Were distraught in their grief.
(b) Were reconciled.
(c) Were preparing to divorce.
(d) Were inseparable.
4. What is the primary relationship in LIE DOWN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Milton and Dolly.
(b) Peyton and Harry.
(c) Milton and Peyton.
(d) Helen and Milton.
5. Where does Milton go with the person in #126?
(a) Bar hopping.
(b) Basketball game.
(c) Fraternity house party.
(d) Country club.
6. Why does Carey Carr take Helen to the location in #85?
(a) She is afraid to go alone.
(b) She refuses to go with Milton.
(c) Her car is not running.
(d) She is too grief stricken to drive.
7. Helen views Peyton and Milton as _____________________.
(a) Co-conspirators in the destruction of their family.
(b) More social than she.
(c) Best friends.
(d) Highly creative people.
8. What does Helen tell Carey about Milton?
(a) He is terminally ill.
(b) He has lost another job.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) She hates him.
9. What is the name of Helen's brother who was at the Loftis home at the time?
10. Why is Helen angry at Milton and Peyton when they arrive at the hospital?
(a) They didn't bring Helen's overnight bag.
(b) They didn't bring a gift for Maudie.
(c) They are too noisy.
(d) They are both drunk.
11. What is Dolly's first stop when she returns from a business trip?
(a) The dry cleaners.
(b) The country club.
(c) The grocery.
(d) Milton's house.
12. What is Carey's first impression of Helen?
(a) She is intense.
(b) She is a joy.
(c) She is morose.
(d) She is grieving.
13. Helen tells Carey that she no longer believes in ________________.
(a) "His" God.
14. What is Helen's demeanor as they leave the house for the funeral?
15. To whom is Milton writing a letter while Helen and Maudie are out of town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the meeting between Helen and Dolly?
2. What is Helen doing when Carey arrives at her house?
3. Where do Milton and Dolly spend the night when Helen is out of town?
4. What does Carey decide to do to help Helen?
5. Who is the boyfriend Peyton brings home from college?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)