|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Carey and Helen been friends?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three months.
2. How long had Helen waited for Milton to return to the hospital?
(a) Two days.
(b) All day.
(c) A couple of hours.
(d) Just about an hour.
3. What does Carey decide to do to help Helen?
(a) Finds her a job.
(b) Recommends couples counseling.
(c) There is nothing he can do.
(d) Suggests psychiatric help.
4. Who does Milton run into in Charlottesville?
(b) An old fraternity buddy.
5. What does Helen admit to Carey on the day they meet?
(a) She has had an abortion.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She wants to commit suicide.
(d) She hates her daughter, Peyton.
6. Who is Carey Carr's wife?
7. Why does the funeral party stop at a gas station?
(a) Dolly needs to use a restroom.
(b) Milton needs something to drink.
(c) The hearse overheats again.
(d) The hearse is out of gas.
8. What does Harry caution Peyton about on their wedding day?
(a) Staying too late.
(b) Talking too much.
(c) Being late to her own wedding.
(d) Drinking too much.
9. Who is Peyton's husband?
(a) Harold Lyons.
(b) Barry Miller.
(c) Marc Goldberg.
(d) Harry Miller.
10. Why does the person in #100 have an emotional outburst?
(a) She has broken up with her boyfriend.
(b) Peyton is being buried today.
(c) She is not allowed to drive the car.
(d) She wants more attention from her mother.
11. What is Helen doing when Carey arrives at her house?
(a) Putting on her makeup.
(c) Making coffee.
(d) Taking a shower.
12. How old is Carey Carr?
13. What is notable about Peyton on her wedding day?
(a) She is stunning.
(b) She is doubtful.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is drunk.
14. Helen's demeanor is always ______________.
15. What flashback does Milton have while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Fourth of July 1945.
(b) Christmas 1941.
(c) Thanksgiving 1942.
(d) Christmas 1960.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peyton leave the family celebration early?
2. Helen tells Carey that she no longer believes in ________________.
3. Where do Carey and Helen meet the hearse on the way to the cemetery?
4. What does Milton do while Peyton and Helen argue?
5. Where is Dolly's ex-husband living at this time?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)