|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Milton run into in Charlottesville?
(b) An old fraternity buddy.
2. What does Helen admit to Carey on the day they meet?
(a) She wants to commit suicide.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She has had an abortion.
(d) She hates her daughter, Peyton.
3. What is Carey's impression when he sees Helen ready to leave for the funeral?
(a) She is old and ugly.
(b) She is so pale and gaunt.
(c) She looks younger than ever.
(d) She is incredibly sad.
4. Why does Carey Carr take Helen to the location in #85?
(a) She is too grief stricken to drive.
(b) She is afraid to go alone.
(c) Her car is not running.
(d) She refuses to go with Milton.
5. What is Helen's remark as she and Carey leave the house?
(a) All's fair in love and war.
(b) The end is near.
(c) The early bird gets the worm.
(d) Better late than never.
6. Who does Helen hold solely responsible for Maudie's death?
(b) La Ruth.
7. Why does Helen take Maudie on the trip in #118?
(a) They are going on a shopping trip.
(b) She has been having leg pain.
(c) They are going sightseeing.
(d) They are going to the beach.
8. Helen does not seek out Carey for spiritual solace but ______________________.
(a) To get financial advice.
(b) To gossip about other church members.
(c) To validate her hatred.
(d) To organize bake sales.
9. What is Dolly's first stop when she returns from a business trip?
(a) The dry cleaners.
(b) Milton's house.
(c) The country club.
(d) The grocery.
10. What is Helen's demeanor as they leave the house for the funeral?
11. Where will Helen's brother be going after his visit with her family?
12. Where do Carey and Helen meet the hearse on the way to the cemetery?
(a) A convenience store.
(b) A bar.
(c) A roadside rest.
(d) A gas station.
13. Where do Peyton and Harry go on their honeymoon?
14. To what city do Helen and Maudie travel in November of 1942?
15. Where does Peyton find Milton at the end of the football game?
(a) In his car.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peyton injure Helen before leaving on her honeymoon?
2. How long have Carey and Helen been friends?
3. Carey recalls that after Maudie's death, Helen and Milton ____________________.
4. Where does Dolly admit to Helen that she had been intimate with Milton?
5. Who is Peyton's husband?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)