|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen take Maudie in November of 1942?
(a) New York.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A special school.
2. Who is Carey Carr's wife?
3. What flashback does Milton have while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Christmas 1960.
(b) Fourth of July 1945.
(c) Thanksgiving 1942.
(d) Christmas 1941.
4. What did Milton watch during Peyton's wedding?
(a) The candles.
(b) Peyton's derriere.
(c) The minister.
(d) Peyton's face.
5. In what city is Peyton married?
(c) Port Warwick.
6. What is the name of the tearoom where Helen meets Dolly Bonner?
(a) The Tea Cozy.
(c) Wonderland Tearoom.
(d) Russian Tearoom.
7. Why does Helen take Maudie on the trip in #118?
(a) They are going sightseeing.
(b) They are going to the beach.
(c) She has been having leg pain.
(d) They are going on a shopping trip.
8. To what city do Helen and Maudie travel in November of 1942?
9. What is the literary technique used when portraying Helen as restrained on the day of her daughter's funeral when the person in #100 has an emotional outburst?
10. What is the topic of the meeting between Helen and Dolly?
(a) A school fundraiser.
(b) Dolly's affair with Milton.
(c) Prom dresses for their daughters.
(d) College choices for their kids.
11. Where does Carey Carr take Helen at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Ladies luncheon.
(c) School Board meeting.
(d) The funeral home.
12. Why does Peyton leave the family celebration early?
(a) She had to study for exams.
(b) She and her mother had a fight.
(c) She had to get back for work.
(d) The weather was getting bad.
13. Helen does not seek out Carey for spiritual solace but ______________________.
(a) To get financial advice.
(b) To gossip about other church members.
(c) To organize bake sales.
(d) To validate her hatred.
14. What does Milton do while Peyton and Helen argue?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Calls Dolly.
(c) Goes out for more liquor.
(d) Tries to separate them.
15. Helen views Peyton and Milton as _____________________.
(a) Co-conspirators in the destruction of their family.
(b) Highly creative people.
(c) Best friends.
(d) More social than she.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry caution Peyton about on their wedding day?
2. What is Milton's condition at the end of the football game?
3. What does Helen tell Carey about Milton?
4. Who is Peyton's husband?
5. What is Carey Carr's profession?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)