Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Dolly give Helen for Milton's interest in Dolly?
(a) She is smarter than Helen.
(b) She is prettier than Helen.
(c) She is more loving than Helen.
(d) She is more generous than Helen.
2. What flashback does Milton have while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Fourth of July 1945.
(b) Thanksgiving 1942.
(c) Christmas 1941.
(d) Christmas 1960.
3. Who has an emotional outburst in Helen's bedroom?
(a) La Ruth.
4. Against whom are the Southerners in the story prejudiced?
(a) Factory workers.
5. What is the primary relationship in LIE DOWN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Helen and Milton.
(b) Milton and Dolly.
(c) Milton and Peyton.
(d) Peyton and Harry.
6. Where had Peyton been for three months in Milton's flashback?
(a) At camp.
(c) Visiting relatives.
(d) In a psychiatric facility.
7. Where does Dolly admit to Helen that she had been intimate with Milton?
(a) At a football game.
(b) At Peyton's birthday party at the club.
(c) After church.
(d) After a School Board meeting.
8. What is Helen's remark as she and Carey leave the house?
(a) All's fair in love and war.
(b) The end is near.
(c) Better late than never.
(d) The early bird gets the worm.
9. Helen tells Carey that she no longer believes in ________________.
(d) "His" God.
10. What does the person in #100 want Helen to do about Milton?
(a) Take him back.
(b) Separate for a little while.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Divorce him.
11. What is the name of Helen's brother who was at the Loftis home at the time?
12. In what city is Peyton married?
(a) Port Warwick.
13. Helen's demeanor is always ______________.
14. Why does Peyton tell Harry that she married him?
(a) She thought he was handsome.
(b) She wanted his money.
(c) She needed him.
(d) She respected him.
15. Why is Helen angry at Milton and Peyton when they arrive at the hospital?
(a) They didn't bring Helen's overnight bag.
(b) They are both drunk.
(c) They are too noisy.
(d) They didn't bring a gift for Maudie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of kiss does Milton give Peyton on her wedding day?
2. Helen views Peyton and Milton as _____________________.
3. What is Helen's demeanor as they leave the house for the funeral?
4. Who is Carey Carr's wife?
5. What are Milton's feelings about his marriage to Helen?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)