|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dolly call the Loftis house prior to the celebration in #110?
(a) To tell Helen about a library fundraiser.
(b) To tell Milton that she has a Christmas gift for him.
(c) To invite Milton and Helen for cocktails.
(d) To tell Milton that she has not seen him in quite awhile.
2. Helen's demeanor is always ______________.
3. What does Helen tell Carey about Milton?
(a) He is terminally ill.
(b) She hates him.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He has lost another job.
4. How does Peyton injure Helen before leaving on her honeymoon?
(a) Throws a glass at her.
(b) Slaps her face.
(c) Scratches her face and draws blood.
(d) Pushes her down the stairs.
5. What reason does Dolly give Helen for Milton's interest in Dolly?
(a) She is more generous than Helen.
(b) She is smarter than Helen.
(c) She is prettier than Helen.
(d) She is more loving than Helen.
6. How long have Carey and Helen been friends?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
7. Who does Helen hold solely responsible for Maudie's death?
(d) La Ruth.
8. Who is Peyton's husband?
(a) Barry Miller.
(b) Harry Miller.
(c) Harold Lyons.
(d) Marc Goldberg.
9. What is the name of Helen's brother who was at the Loftis home at the time?
10. Dolly tells Helen that she will carry on with Milton ________________________.
(a) No longer.
(b) Until she is finished with him.
(d) For as long as Milton is interested.
11. From whom does Milton get a telegram while Helen is out of town?
12. What does Helen admit to Carey on the day they meet?
(a) She has had an abortion.
(b) She hates her daughter, Peyton.
(c) She wants to commit suicide.
(d) She is in love with him.
13. What are Milton's feelings about his marriage to Helen?
(a) He loves her but he can't be married to her.
(b) He wants her to take him back.
(c) He wants to remain separated.
(d) He wants a divorce.
14. Who does Milton run into in Charlottesville?
(a) An old fraternity buddy.
15. What is Helen doing when Carey arrives at her house?
(b) Making coffee.
(c) Putting on her makeup.
(d) Taking a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's demeanor as they leave the house for the funeral?
2. What is the message of the telegram Milton receives?
3. How long had Helen waited for Milton to return to the hospital?
4. What does Harry caution Peyton about on their wedding day?
5. To what city do Helen and Maudie travel in November of 1942?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)