|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Helen's brother be going after his visit with her family?
2. Where had Peyton been for three months in Milton's flashback?
(b) Visiting relatives.
(c) In a psychiatric facility.
(d) At camp.
3. What is Dolly's first stop when she returns from a business trip?
(a) Milton's house.
(b) The grocery.
(c) The dry cleaners.
(d) The country club.
4. What does Helen tell Milton and Peyton when they return to the hospital?
(a) Maudie is being released.
(b) Maudie is dying.
(c) Maudie is dead.
(d) Maudie has to stay for awhile.
5. To whom is Milton writing a letter while Helen and Maudie are out of town?
6. Who is Peyton's husband?
(a) Harry Miller.
(b) Marc Goldberg.
(c) Harold Lyons.
(d) Barry Miller.
7. What is Helen doing when Carey arrives at her house?
(a) Making coffee.
(b) Putting on her makeup.
(c) Taking a shower.
8. Where do Peyton and Harry go on their honeymoon?
9. Why is Helen angry at Milton and Peyton when they arrive at the hospital?
(a) They didn't bring Helen's overnight bag.
(b) They didn't bring a gift for Maudie.
(c) They are both drunk.
(d) They are too noisy.
10. What is Helen's demeanor as they leave the house for the funeral?
11. What is notable about Peyton on her wedding day?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is doubtful.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is stunning.
12. What is the name of Helen's brother who was at the Loftis home at the time?
13. Why does Helen take Maudie on the trip in #118?
(a) They are going to the beach.
(b) They are going sightseeing.
(c) They are going on a shopping trip.
(d) She has been having leg pain.
14. Carey recalls that after Maudie's death, Helen and Milton ____________________.
(a) Were inseparable.
(b) Were reconciled.
(c) Were distraught in their grief.
(d) Were preparing to divorce.
15. Where do Milton and Dolly spend the night when Helen is out of town?
(a) In a bed and breakfast.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In Dolly's home.
(d) In Helen's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #100 have an emotional outburst?
2. How long had Helen waited for Milton to return to the hospital?
3. How long have Carey and Helen been friends?
4. What does Milton do while Peyton and Helen argue?
5. What flashback does Milton have while stopped at the gas station?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)