|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dolly's first stop when she returns from a business trip?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The country club.
(c) The dry cleaners.
(d) Milton's house.
2. Against whom are the Southerners in the story prejudiced?
(c) Factory workers.
3. What does Carey decide to do to help Helen?
(a) Finds her a job.
(b) Recommends couples counseling.
(c) Suggests psychiatric help.
(d) There is nothing he can do.
4. What is the name of the tearoom where Helen meets Dolly Bonner?
(a) Wonderland Tearoom.
(b) Russian Tearoom.
(d) The Tea Cozy.
5. How long had Helen waited for Milton to return to the hospital?
(a) A couple of hours.
(b) Just about an hour.
(c) Two days.
(d) All day.
6. Helen's demeanor is always ______________.
7. How old is Carey Carr?
8. Where does Carey Carr take Helen at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) The funeral home.
(c) School Board meeting.
(d) Ladies luncheon.
9. Where did Helen and Edward go to college?
(a) Emory University.
(b) University of Virginia.
(c) Mercer College.
(d) Duke University.
10. Where does Dolly admit to Helen that she had been intimate with Milton?
(a) At a football game.
(b) At Peyton's birthday party at the club.
(c) After a School Board meeting.
(d) After church.
11. In what city is Peyton married?
(b) Port Warwick.
12. To whom is Milton writing a letter while Helen and Maudie are out of town?
13. Why is Helen angry at Milton and Peyton when they arrive at the hospital?
(a) They are both drunk.
(b) They didn't bring Helen's overnight bag.
(c) They are too noisy.
(d) They didn't bring a gift for Maudie.
14. From whom does Milton get a telegram while Helen is out of town?
15. What are Milton's feelings about his marriage to Helen?
(a) He loves her but he can't be married to her.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He wants to remain separated.
(d) He wants her to take him back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen tells Carey that she no longer believes in ________________.
2. Why does Dolly call the Loftis house prior to the celebration in #110?
3. What is Carey's impression when he sees Helen ready to leave for the funeral?
4. What does Helen tell Carey about Milton?
5. Why does Helen take Maudie on the trip in #118?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)