|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carey try to talk to Milton about in the roadhouse?
(a) Heading up a fundraiser.
(b) Leading the youth group.
(c) Coming back to church.
(d) Reconciling with Helen.
2. Where do Peyton and Harry go on their honeymoon?
3. What does Helen tell Carey about Milton?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He is terminally ill.
(c) She hates him.
(d) He has lost another job.
4. From whom does Milton get a telegram while Helen is out of town?
5. Why does the funeral party stop at a gas station?
(a) The hearse overheats again.
(b) The hearse is out of gas.
(c) Dolly needs to use a restroom.
(d) Milton needs something to drink.
6. How long have Carey and Helen been friends?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
7. How does Peyton injure Helen before leaving on her honeymoon?
(a) Throws a glass at her.
(b) Pushes her down the stairs.
(c) Scratches her face and draws blood.
(d) Slaps her face.
8. Why is Helen angry at Milton and Peyton when they arrive at the hospital?
(a) They are too noisy.
(b) They didn't bring Helen's overnight bag.
(c) They are both drunk.
(d) They didn't bring a gift for Maudie.
9. What is Helen's remark as she and Carey leave the house?
(a) The early bird gets the worm.
(b) All's fair in love and war.
(c) Better late than never.
(d) The end is near.
10. What does Carey decide to do to help Helen?
(a) Finds her a job.
(b) There is nothing he can do.
(c) Suggests psychiatric help.
(d) Recommends couples counseling.
11. What is Dolly's first stop when she returns from a business trip?
(a) The country club.
(b) The dry cleaners.
(c) The grocery.
(d) Milton's house.
12. Helen does not seek out Carey for spiritual solace but ______________________.
(a) To organize bake sales.
(b) To get financial advice.
(c) To validate her hatred.
(d) To gossip about other church members.
13. Why does the person in #100 have an emotional outburst?
(a) She has broken up with her boyfriend.
(b) She is not allowed to drive the car.
(c) She wants more attention from her mother.
(d) Peyton is being buried today.
14. Why does Carey Carr take Helen to the location in #85?
(a) She is too grief stricken to drive.
(b) Her car is not running.
(c) She is afraid to go alone.
(d) She refuses to go with Milton.
15. What is Carey's first impression of Helen?
(a) She is grieving.
(b) She is intense.
(c) She is morose.
(d) She is a joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tearoom where Helen meets Dolly Bonner?
2. Who has an emotional outburst in Helen's bedroom?
3. Where did Helen and Edward go to college?
4. What did Milton watch during Peyton's wedding?
5. Why does Peyton leave the family celebration early?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)