|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carey decide to do to help Helen?
(a) There is nothing he can do.
(b) Suggests psychiatric help.
(c) Finds her a job.
(d) Recommends couples counseling.
2. In what city is Peyton married?
(a) Port Warwick.
3. Where does Helen take Maudie in November of 1942?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A special school.
(c) New York.
4. What does Helen tell Milton and Peyton when they return to the hospital?
(a) Maudie has to stay for awhile.
(b) Maudie is dead.
(c) Maudie is dying.
(d) Maudie is being released.
5. Where does Milton go with the person in #126?
(a) Country club.
(b) Fraternity house party.
(c) Bar hopping.
(d) Basketball game.
6. What is notable about Peyton on her wedding day?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is stunning.
(d) She is doubtful.
7. Where will Helen's brother be going after his visit with her family?
8. To what city do Helen and Maudie travel in November of 1942?
9. What does Helen tell Carey about Milton?
(a) He is terminally ill.
(b) He has lost another job.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) She hates him.
10. Where did Helen and Edward go to college?
(a) Emory University.
(b) University of Virginia.
(c) Mercer College.
(d) Duke University.
11. What does Carey try to talk to Milton about in the roadhouse?
(a) Heading up a fundraiser.
(b) Leading the youth group.
(c) Coming back to church.
(d) Reconciling with Helen.
12. What is the topic of the meeting between Helen and Dolly?
(a) Prom dresses for their daughters.
(b) A school fundraiser.
(c) Dolly's affair with Milton.
(d) College choices for their kids.
13. Where had Peyton been for three months in Milton's flashback?
(a) Visiting relatives.
(c) In a psychiatric facility.
(d) At camp.
14. Where do Carey and Helen meet the hearse on the way to the cemetery?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A bar.
(c) A roadside rest.
(d) A convenience store.
15. Who does Milton run into in Charlottesville?
(d) An old fraternity buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peyton leave the family celebration early?
2. What does the person in #100 want Helen to do about Milton?
3. Helen's demeanor is always ______________.
4. Why does the person in #100 have an emotional outburst?
5. What is Milton's condition at the end of the football game?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)