|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Peyton married?
(c) Port Warwick.
2. Why does the person in #100 have an emotional outburst?
(a) She wants more attention from her mother.
(b) Peyton is being buried today.
(c) She is not allowed to drive the car.
(d) She has broken up with her boyfriend.
3. Helen tells Carey that she no longer believes in ________________.
(d) "His" God.
4. How old is Carey Carr?
5. What is the name of the tearoom where Helen meets Dolly Bonner?
(a) Russian Tearoom.
(c) The Tea Cozy.
(d) Wonderland Tearoom.
6. What flashback does Milton have while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Thanksgiving 1942.
(b) Christmas 1960.
(c) Christmas 1941.
(d) Fourth of July 1945.
7. What is Carey Carr's profession?
8. What is Helen's remark as she and Carey leave the house?
(a) Better late than never.
(b) The end is near.
(c) All's fair in love and war.
(d) The early bird gets the worm.
9. Against whom are the Southerners in the story prejudiced?
(a) Factory workers.
10. Where does Milton go with the person in #126?
(a) Country club.
(b) Bar hopping.
(c) Fraternity house party.
(d) Basketball game.
11. Where does Helen take Maudie in November of 1942?
(a) New York.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A special school.
12. Where had Peyton been for three months in Milton's flashback?
(b) Visiting relatives.
(c) In a psychiatric facility.
(d) At camp.
13. What type of kiss does Milton give Peyton on her wedding day?
(b) Peck on cheek.
(d) Light kiss on forehead.
14. What is Carey's impression when he sees Helen ready to leave for the funeral?
(a) She is incredibly sad.
(b) She is so pale and gaunt.
(c) She looks younger than ever.
(d) She is old and ugly.
15. What did Milton watch during Peyton's wedding?
(a) Peyton's derriere.
(b) Peyton's face.
(c) The candles.
(d) The minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Milton get a telegram while Helen is out of town?
2. What does Helen tell Carey about Milton?
3. How long had Helen waited for Milton to return to the hospital?
4. Who is the boyfriend Peyton brings home from college?
5. Where does Carey Carr take Helen at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)