|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Carey and Helen been friends?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three months.
2. Why has the hearse stopped on the way to the cemetery?
(a) It is waiting for a train.
(b) It is at a red light.
(c) It has broken down.
(d) It is out of gas.
3. To what city do Helen and Maudie travel in November of 1942?
4. What does Helen tell Milton and Peyton when they return to the hospital?
(a) Maudie has to stay for awhile.
(b) Maudie is being released.
(c) Maudie is dying.
(d) Maudie is dead.
5. Why does Helen take Maudie on the trip in #118?
(a) They are going sightseeing.
(b) They are going to the beach.
(c) She has been having leg pain.
(d) They are going on a shopping trip.
6. Dolly tells Helen that she will carry on with Milton ________________________.
(b) No longer.
(c) For as long as Milton is interested.
(d) Until she is finished with him.
7. Where had Peyton been for three months in Milton's flashback?
(a) At camp.
(c) In a psychiatric facility.
(d) Visiting relatives.
8. How old is Carey Carr?
9. What is Dolly's first stop when she returns from a business trip?
(a) The dry cleaners.
(b) Milton's house.
(c) The grocery.
(d) The country club.
10. Where does Carey Carr take Helen at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Ladies luncheon.
(b) School Board meeting.
(c) The funeral home.
11. What is the topic of the meeting between Helen and Dolly?
(a) Prom dresses for their daughters.
(b) A school fundraiser.
(c) College choices for their kids.
(d) Dolly's affair with Milton.
12. How does Peyton injure Helen before leaving on her honeymoon?
(a) Slaps her face.
(b) Pushes her down the stairs.
(c) Scratches her face and draws blood.
(d) Throws a glass at her.
13. Where does Dolly admit to Helen that she had been intimate with Milton?
(a) At a football game.
(b) After a School Board meeting.
(c) After church.
(d) At Peyton's birthday party at the club.
14. Why does Peyton tell Harry that she married him?
(a) She thought he was handsome.
(b) She respected him.
(c) She needed him.
(d) She wanted his money.
15. Where does Peyton find Milton at the end of the football game?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) In his car.
(d) At a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peyton leave the family celebration early?
2. What is Peyton's husband's religious affiliation?
3. Where do Peyton and Harry go on their honeymoon?
4. What type of kiss does Milton give Peyton on her wedding day?
5. Who is Carey Carr's wife?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)