|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Carey Carr?
2. What is the literary technique used when portraying Helen as restrained on the day of her daughter's funeral when the person in #100 has an emotional outburst?
3. Why is Helen angry at Milton and Peyton when they arrive at the hospital?
(a) They didn't bring a gift for Maudie.
(b) They didn't bring Helen's overnight bag.
(c) They are both drunk.
(d) They are too noisy.
4. How does Peyton injure Helen before leaving on her honeymoon?
(a) Throws a glass at her.
(b) Pushes her down the stairs.
(c) Slaps her face.
(d) Scratches her face and draws blood.
5. What is the name of the tearoom where Helen meets Dolly Bonner?
(a) Wonderland Tearoom.
(c) Russian Tearoom.
(d) The Tea Cozy.
6. Where does Carey Carr take Helen at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) School Board meeting.
(b) Ladies luncheon.
(d) The funeral home.
7. Where is Dolly's ex-husband living at this time?
8. Dolly tells Helen that she will carry on with Milton ________________________.
(b) For as long as Milton is interested.
(c) No longer.
(d) Until she is finished with him.
9. What is notable about Peyton on her wedding day?
(a) She is stunning.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is doubtful.
10. To what city do Helen and Maudie travel in November of 1942?
11. What is the topic of the meeting between Helen and Dolly?
(a) A school fundraiser.
(b) College choices for their kids.
(c) Prom dresses for their daughters.
(d) Dolly's affair with Milton.
12. Why does Dolly call the Loftis house prior to the celebration in #110?
(a) To tell Helen about a library fundraiser.
(b) To tell Milton that she has a Christmas gift for him.
(c) To tell Milton that she has not seen him in quite awhile.
(d) To invite Milton and Helen for cocktails.
13. Why does Helen take Maudie on the trip in #118?
(a) They are going on a shopping trip.
(b) They are going sightseeing.
(c) They are going to the beach.
(d) She has been having leg pain.
14. Who has an emotional outburst in Helen's bedroom?
(a) La Ruth.
15. Who does Milton run into in Charlottesville?
(b) An old fraternity buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peyton's husband?
2. What is Helen's demeanor as they leave the house for the funeral?
3. Where had Peyton been for three months in Milton's flashback?
4. How long had Helen waited for Milton to return to the hospital?
5. What reason does Dolly give Helen for Milton's interest in Dolly?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)