|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peyton injure Helen before leaving on her honeymoon?
(a) Throws a glass at her.
(b) Scratches her face and draws blood.
(c) Pushes her down the stairs.
(d) Slaps her face.
2. How long had Helen waited for Milton to return to the hospital?
(a) Just about an hour.
(b) Two days.
(c) A couple of hours.
(d) All day.
3. Where does Peyton find Milton at the end of the football game?
(a) In his car.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) At a bar.
4. Helen views Peyton and Milton as _____________________.
(a) Co-conspirators in the destruction of their family.
(b) More social than she.
(c) Highly creative people.
(d) Best friends.
5. What is notable about Peyton on her wedding day?
(a) She is doubtful.
(b) She is stunning.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is sad.
6. What is Helen's remark as she and Carey leave the house?
(a) Better late than never.
(b) The end is near.
(c) All's fair in love and war.
(d) The early bird gets the worm.
7. What is the name of the tearoom where Helen meets Dolly Bonner?
(a) Wonderland Tearoom.
(b) Russian Tearoom.
(d) The Tea Cozy.
8. Why does the funeral party stop at a gas station?
(a) The hearse overheats again.
(b) Milton needs something to drink.
(c) Dolly needs to use a restroom.
(d) The hearse is out of gas.
9. What are Milton's feelings about his marriage to Helen?
(a) He wants her to take him back.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He wants to remain separated.
(d) He loves her but he can't be married to her.
10. Where does Carey Carr take Helen at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Ladies luncheon.
(b) The funeral home.
(d) School Board meeting.
11. What is Helen's demeanor as they leave the house for the funeral?
12. Where does Dolly admit to Helen that she had been intimate with Milton?
(a) After a School Board meeting.
(b) At a football game.
(c) At Peyton's birthday party at the club.
(d) After church.
13. Why does Helen take Maudie on the trip in #118?
(a) They are going on a shopping trip.
(b) She has been having leg pain.
(c) They are going sightseeing.
(d) They are going to the beach.
14. Why does the person in #100 have an emotional outburst?
(a) She has broken up with her boyfriend.
(b) She wants more attention from her mother.
(c) Peyton is being buried today.
(d) She is not allowed to drive the car.
15. To whom is Milton writing a letter while Helen and Maudie are out of town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary relationship in LIE DOWN IN DARKNESS?
2. What does Helen admit to Carey on the day they meet?
3. What is the message of the telegram Milton receives?
4. Dolly tells Helen that she will carry on with Milton ________________________.
5. In what city is Peyton married?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)