|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Milton go with the person in #126?
(a) Fraternity house party.
(b) Country club.
(c) Bar hopping.
(d) Basketball game.
2. What are Milton's feelings about his marriage to Helen?
(a) He loves her but he can't be married to her.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He wants her to take him back.
(d) He wants to remain separated.
3. Where do Peyton and Harry go on their honeymoon?
4. Who does Milton run into in Charlottesville?
(b) An old fraternity buddy.
5. Who is the boyfriend Peyton brings home from college?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Clarence Harless.
(c) Roger McMiller.
(d) Dick Cartwright.
6. What is Dolly's first stop when she returns from a business trip?
(a) The grocery.
(b) Milton's house.
(c) The country club.
(d) The dry cleaners.
7. What does Helen tell Carey about Milton?
(a) He has lost another job.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is terminally ill.
(d) She hates him.
8. What type of kiss does Milton give Peyton on her wedding day?
(a) Peck on cheek.
(b) Light kiss on forehead.
9. Where had Peyton been for three months in Milton's flashback?
(a) In a psychiatric facility.
(b) Visiting relatives.
(c) At camp.
10. What does the person in #100 want Helen to do about Milton?
(a) Separate for a little while.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Take him back.
11. Who does Helen hold solely responsible for Maudie's death?
(d) La Ruth.
12. Helen tells Carey that she no longer believes in ________________.
(a) "His" God.
13. How old is Carey Carr?
14. Why does the funeral party stop at a gas station?
(a) The hearse is out of gas.
(b) Milton needs something to drink.
(c) The hearse overheats again.
(d) Dolly needs to use a restroom.
15. What does Milton do while Peyton and Helen argue?
(a) Tries to separate them.
(b) Calls Dolly.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Goes out for more liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen admit to Carey on the day they meet?
2. Where does Dolly admit to Helen that she had been intimate with Milton?
3. Where is Dolly's ex-husband living at this time?
4. Why is Helen angry at Milton and Peyton when they arrive at the hospital?
5. What is Carey's impression when he sees Helen ready to leave for the funeral?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)