|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dolly tells Helen that she will carry on with Milton ________________________.
(a) No longer.
(b) For as long as Milton is interested.
(d) Until she is finished with him.
2. Why does Dolly call the Loftis house prior to the celebration in #110?
(a) To tell Milton that she has not seen him in quite awhile.
(b) To tell Helen about a library fundraiser.
(c) To invite Milton and Helen for cocktails.
(d) To tell Milton that she has a Christmas gift for him.
3. What does Milton do while Peyton and Helen argue?
(a) Goes out for more liquor.
(b) Calls Dolly.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Tries to separate them.
4. Where does Carey Carr take Helen at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) Ladies luncheon.
(c) School Board meeting.
(d) The funeral home.
5. What does the person in #100 want Helen to do about Milton?
(a) Take him back.
(b) Divorce him.
(c) Separate for a little while.
(d) Kill him.
6. Who does Milton run into in Charlottesville?
(c) An old fraternity buddy.
7. Helen views Peyton and Milton as _____________________.
(a) More social than she.
(b) Highly creative people.
(c) Best friends.
(d) Co-conspirators in the destruction of their family.
8. Why has the hearse stopped on the way to the cemetery?
(a) It is waiting for a train.
(b) It is at a red light.
(c) It has broken down.
(d) It is out of gas.
9. What is the topic of the meeting between Helen and Dolly?
(a) College choices for their kids.
(b) Prom dresses for their daughters.
(c) Dolly's affair with Milton.
(d) A school fundraiser.
10. To whom is Milton writing a letter while Helen and Maudie are out of town?
11. Who does Helen hold solely responsible for Maudie's death?
(b) La Ruth.
12. What is Carey's first impression of Helen?
(a) She is grieving.
(b) She is morose.
(c) She is intense.
(d) She is a joy.
13. Where do Peyton and Harry go on their honeymoon?
14. What is Carey Carr's profession?
15. From whom does Milton get a telegram while Helen is out of town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literary technique used when portraying Helen as restrained on the day of her daughter's funeral when the person in #100 has an emotional outburst?
2. Who is the boyfriend Peyton brings home from college?
3. How long had Helen waited for Milton to return to the hospital?
4. What is the message of the telegram Milton receives?
5. Why does Peyton leave the family celebration early?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)