|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Peyton's husband?
(a) Harry Miller.
(b) Marc Goldberg.
(c) Harold Lyons.
(d) Barry Miller.
2. To whom is Milton writing a letter while Helen and Maudie are out of town?
3. What is the topic of the meeting between Helen and Dolly?
(a) A school fundraiser.
(b) College choices for their kids.
(c) Prom dresses for their daughters.
(d) Dolly's affair with Milton.
4. Why does Helen take Maudie on the trip in #118?
(a) They are going on a shopping trip.
(b) They are going sightseeing.
(c) She has been having leg pain.
(d) They are going to the beach.
5. What does Milton do while Peyton and Helen argue?
(a) Tries to separate them.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Goes out for more liquor.
(d) Calls Dolly.
6. What is Dolly's first stop when she returns from a business trip?
(a) The dry cleaners.
(b) The country club.
(c) Milton's house.
(d) The grocery.
7. Helen does not seek out Carey for spiritual solace but ______________________.
(a) To get financial advice.
(b) To validate her hatred.
(c) To gossip about other church members.
(d) To organize bake sales.
8. What flashback does Milton have while stopped at the gas station?
(a) Thanksgiving 1942.
(b) Christmas 1941.
(c) Christmas 1960.
(d) Fourth of July 1945.
9. What is the name of the tearoom where Helen meets Dolly Bonner?
(a) Wonderland Tearoom.
(c) The Tea Cozy.
(d) Russian Tearoom.
10. Why does the person in #100 have an emotional outburst?
(a) Peyton is being buried today.
(b) She has broken up with her boyfriend.
(c) She is not allowed to drive the car.
(d) She wants more attention from her mother.
11. Where is Dolly's ex-husband living at this time?
12. Why does Peyton leave the family celebration early?
(a) The weather was getting bad.
(b) She had to study for exams.
(c) She had to get back for work.
(d) She and her mother had a fight.
13. Against whom are the Southerners in the story prejudiced?
(d) Factory workers.
14. How does Peyton injure Helen before leaving on her honeymoon?
(a) Slaps her face.
(b) Throws a glass at her.
(c) Pushes her down the stairs.
(d) Scratches her face and draws blood.
15. What does the person in #100 want Helen to do about Milton?
(a) Take him back.
(b) Divorce him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Separate for a little while.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the funeral party stop at a gas station?
2. What is Helen's remark as she and Carey leave the house?
3. Who is the boyfriend Peyton brings home from college?
4. What did Milton watch during Peyton's wedding?
5. Who has an emotional outburst in Helen's bedroom?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)