|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Dolly now irritates Milton?
(a) Her submissiveness.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her forgetfulness.
2. How had Dolly always felt about Milton's relationship with Peyton?
(a) She thought it was incestuous.
(b) She thought it was inappropriate.
(c) She thought it was sweet.
(d) She was jealous of it.
3. What does Helen recall in this chapter?
(a) Peyton's college days.
(b) Peyton's wedding day.
(c) Peyton's days as a youngster.
(d) Peyton's bad marriage.
4. Why did Peyton go to the city mentioned in #70?
(a) To get into advertising.
(b) To become a dancer.
(c) To become an actor.
(d) To study art.
5. With whom has Milton been having an affair for many years?
(a) Doris Bowman.
(b) Dolly Bonner.
(c) Deborah Brackman.
(d) Dorothy Barton.
6. Where was Milton's daughter living when she wrote him the letter that he reads while waiting at the train station?
(d) New York City.
7. What is Peyton's interest in men?
(a) Where they are going to college.
(b) She wants to be in love.
(c) What they are able to give her.
(d) She wants to lose her virginity.
8. Whose face did Helen slap after Maudie was found bound and gagged?
(a) La Ruth's.
9. On whose money was Milton essentially living?
(a) His own.
(c) His father's.
(d) His mother's.
10. Where does the Loftis family live?
(a) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(b) Port Warwick, Virginia.
(c) Savannah, Georgia.
(d) San Diego, California.
11. Why does Milton ask Dolly to accompany him to the train station?
(a) She had offered to drive.
(b) She is good in a crisis.
(c) He can't manage his grief without her.
(d) Helen wouldn't go.
12. What was one of the reasons Helen thought Milton would destroy their family?
(a) His lack of love for her.
(b) His affairs.
(c) His unemployment.
(d) His drinking problem.
13. On whom did Milton continually lavish attention?
14. Who was Milton's favorite child?
15. Who is Milton talking to when Dolly finds him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Milton take Peyton to cheer her up after the altercation with her mother?
2. What do Milton and Helen argue about at Peyton's party?
3. How did Milton perceive the advice his father gave him?
4. What does Dolly sense about Milton lately?
5. What item is mentioned in the letter to Milton?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)