|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Milton talking to when Dolly finds him?
2. What do Milton and Helen argue about at Peyton's party?
(a) Milton's friends get drunk and obnoxious.
(b) Milton gives Peyton whiskey.
(c) Milton spends too much on the band.
(d) The cake does not arrive.
3. What is Maudie's condition that keeps her mother preoccupied with her?
(a) She is developmentally delayed.
(b) She is a diabetic.
(c) She has epilepsy.
(d) She has Multiple Sclerosis.
4. Who is Mrs. La Farge's son?
5. Who is the funeral director?
(a) Mr. Denning.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Gaspar.
(d) Mr. Casper.
6. What does Dolly realize about why Milton asked her to go to the train station with him?
(a) That she was Peyton's godmother.
(b) That Helen wouldn't go.
(c) That she was so supportive of him.
(d) That his car was not running.
7. On whom did Milton continually lavish attention?
8. Where did Milton take Peyton to cheer her up after the altercation with her mother?
(a) The ice cream shop.
(b) The movies.
(c) The theme park.
(d) The coast.
9. What does Helen recollect about Milton in this chapter?
(a) His pleas for reconciliation.
(b) His college days.
(c) His proposal of marriage.
(d) His becoming a father for the first time.
10. How long has Milton been having an affair with Dolly at this point?
(a) Six years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
11. Where does Dolly find Milton?
(a) A phone booth.
(b) A bar.
(c) A diner.
(d) A newspaper stand.
12. Why does Helen get mad at Milton at the birthday party?
(a) He is caught kissing Dolly.
(b) He gives alcohol to Peyton.
(c) He gets drunk and passes out.
(d) He dances with all the women but her.
13. Where is Peyton living after leaving college?
(b) New York City.
14. Where was Milton's daughter living when she wrote him the letter that he reads while waiting at the train station?
(d) New York City.
15. What does Helen wish she could tell Mrs. LaFarge?
(a) About Milton's philandering.
(b) How handsome her husband is.
(c) To shut up.
(d) About Peyton's boyfriends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Casper do to the hearse at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. How did Milton perceive the advice his father gave him?
3. What did Milton always consider his father to be?
4. What was Dolly's ex-husband's nickname?
5. Where is Peyton's birthday party held?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)