|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Peyton gone to college?
(a) University of Virginia.
(b) Duke University.
(c) Emory University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. Helen does not seek out Carey for spiritual solace but ______________________.
(a) To organize bake sales.
(b) To get financial advice.
(c) To gossip about other church members.
(d) To validate her hatred.
3. What does Mr. Casper do to the hearse at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) He trades it in.
(b) He sells it.
(c) He takes it to a mechanic.
(d) He gets it running.
4. What is the literary technique used when portraying Helen as restrained on the day of her daughter's funeral when the person in #100 has an emotional outburst?
5. What was one of the reasons Helen thought Milton would destroy their family?
(a) His lack of love for her.
(b) His drinking problem.
(c) His unemployment.
(d) His affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen react when the person in #48 apologizes?
2. What is Helen's most vivid recollection in this chapter?
3. How many years have Milton and Helen been separated?
4. Who is Milton talking to when Dolly finds him?
5. Why does Helen get mad at Milton at the birthday party?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)