1. What is Milton Loftis' wife's name?
2. Who is Milton Loftis' older daughter?
3. Who is Milton Loftis' younger daughter?
4. Where does the Loftis family live?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Port Warwick, Virginia.
(c) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(d) Savannah, Georgia.
5. What is the state of the Loftis' marriage?
(a) They are very happy.
(b) They have been unhappy for a long time.
(c) They are divorced.
(d) They are separated.
6. With whom has Milton been having an affair for many years?
(a) Deborah Brackman.
(b) Doris Bowman.
(c) Dorothy Barton.
(d) Dolly Bonner.
7. As the novel opens, the narrator describes a train trip from __________________ to Port Warwick.
8. Who is the Loftis family's cook?
(a) Elaine Swenson.
(b) Ellen Stachler.
(c) Ella Sizemore.
(d) Ella Swan.
9. Where are Milton, Dolly and Ella going in a limousine?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An anniversary party.
(c) The train station.
(d) A funeral.
This section contains 3,716 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)