1. What is Milton Loftis' wife's name?
2. Who is Milton Loftis' older daughter?
3. Who is Milton Loftis' younger daughter?
4. Where does the Loftis family live?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(c) Port Warwick, Virginia.
(d) Savannah, Georgia.
5. What is the state of the Loftis' marriage?
(a) They are very happy.
(b) They are divorced.
(c) They have been unhappy for a long time.
(d) They are separated.
6. With whom has Milton been having an affair for many years?
(a) Dorothy Barton.
(b) Doris Bowman.
(c) Dolly Bonner.
(d) Deborah Brackman.
7. As the novel opens, the narrator describes a train trip from __________________ to Port Warwick.
8. Who is the Loftis family's cook?
(a) Ella Sizemore.
(b) Ellen Stachler.
(c) Ella Swan.
(d) Elaine Swenson.
9. Where are Milton, Dolly and Ella going in a limousine?
(a) The train station.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) An anniversary party.
This section contains 3,716 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)