|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) There was no effect from the attack.
(b) Her leg had to be amputated.
(c) Her leg became paralyzed.
(d) Her leg was covered in blisters.
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A pile of dirty sheets.
(b) A goose-down pillow.
(c) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(d) A naked mattress.
3. Who cut into Mary's birthday cake before her on her tenth birthday?
(c) The cake was never cut.
4. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
5. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(b) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(c) She could see Lecia's blood.
(d) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
2. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
3. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
4. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
5. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mary begin to compulsively check the mailbox after Father's Day?
2. What memory of her mother's childhood was the only one Mary kept with her while growing up?
3. Who was Purdy?
4. What was Pete's condition like when he was recovering in the hospital from his stroke?
5. What did Mary believe to be the most traumatic memory of her childhood?
6. What major event took place in Mary's life while driving to the World's Fair in Seattle?
7. What happened to Mary while she was out at the bar with Pete during her school vacation?
8. How did the neighborhood pitch in to help when Grandma Moore moved in with the Karr family?
9. What led up to the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
10. How did the Karr family cope when they were all struck with insomnia at the same time?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)