|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Tart lemonade.
(b) Flasked whiskey.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) Black coffee.
2. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
3. Which institution did Pete visit each week to pay a portion of his bill, but was never able to pay off completely?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The pharmacy.
(c) The grocery.
(d) The school.
4. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
5. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
2. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
3. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
4. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
5. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major event took place in Mary's life while driving to the World's Fair in Seattle?
2. What happened during the playground fight between Mary and Rickey Carter?
3. What was Lecia's reaction to the news that Grandma Moore had died?
4. How did Charlie and Pete first meet?
5. What was the effect of the many years of hard drinking on Pete's body?
6. How did Mary tie together the news of the jellyfish attack with the news of Grandma Moore's death?
7. What happened while Mary was reading the book Charlotte's Web while staying home sick from school?
8. After leaving the hospital, how did Charlie react when visiting the Houston Zoo?
9. Why did Mary begin to compulsively check the mailbox after Father's Day?
10. What happened during the fight between Mary and Big Bertha?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)