|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The dust bowl.
(b) The emancipation.
(c) The Second World War.
2. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
(a) Its teeth.
(b) Its skin.
(c) Its tentacles.
(d) Its heart.
3. What was the name of the restaurant where Pete punched Charlie in the face?
(a) Bridge Cafe.
(b) Sun Cafe.
(c) Mountain Cafe.
(d) Yacht Cafe.
4. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) To cheer Grandma up.
(b) So Mary can see the realities of life.
(c) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(d) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
5. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
(a) He ignored Grandma completely.
(b) He ran around the house, doting on Grandma Moore.
(c) He welcomed Grandma Moore with open arms.
(d) He stayed away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
2. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
3. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
4. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
5. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mary and Lecia find out they had missed Father's Day?
2. How did Charlie react to the news of the hurricane that threatened to eviscerate Leechfield?
3. What happened during the fight between Mary and Big Bertha?
4. In what ways did Mary try to care for her father when he came to live with the family after being released from the hospital?
5. How did Mary find out that her family was moving, yet again, from Colorado?
6. What happened during the playground fight between Mary and Rickey Carter?
7. What was Pete's reaction to the news that his daughters would be coming to stay with him full-time?
8. What did Mary believe to be the most traumatic memory of her childhood?
9. What happened when Mary and Lecia were sent to spend the evening overnight with Hector's sister, Alecia?
10. What happened when the Karr family left the Bridge Cafe soon after Mary's birthday?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)