|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Crisp bacon.
(b) Overstuffed sausages.
(c) Burnt salmon.
(d) A pot roast.
2. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
3. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The living room.
(b) The garage.
(c) The porch.
(d) The den.
4. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
5. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
3. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
4. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
5. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the Karr family left the Bridge Cafe soon after Mary's birthday?
2. How did Pete manage the family's money during their toughest financial times?
3. What happened to the Karr family when Mary moved away from Texas to pursue her education?
4. How did Mary choose to spend the Green Stamps she collected from the grocery store?
5. What was the truth behind Tex and Belinda, as Charlie told the story?
6. How did both Charlie and Pete deliver the news to their daughters that they were getting a divorce?
7. What happened while Mary was reading the book Charlotte's Web while staying home sick from school?
8. How did Pete react when Mary announced that she didn't want her mother to return from the mental institution?
9. Who was Purdy?
10. In what ways did Mary try to care for her father when he came to live with the family after being released from the hospital?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)