|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
2. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Tart lemonade.
(b) Flasked whiskey.
(c) Black coffee.
(d) Gin and tonic.
3. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her arm.
4. Who cut into Mary's birthday cake before her on her tenth birthday?
(d) The cake was never cut.
5. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
2. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
3. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
4. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
5. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did music affect Charlie's mood during her depression?
2. How did Mary initially feel about Antelope when she and her family first moved there?
3. What happened while Mary was reading the book Charlotte's Web while staying home sick from school?
4. What was Mary's reaction to seeing her mother in the mental hospital for the first time?
5. What parts of the school system in Antelope were different than the school system in Leechfield?
6. How did Mary feel after her mother served her her first alcoholic beverage?
7. How did both Charlie and Pete deliver the news to their daughters that they were getting a divorce?
8. How did Mary find out that her family was moving, yet again, from Colorado?
9. What relationship did Mary have with her grandmother when the pair was living together during Mary's childhood?
10. What major event took place in Mary's life while driving to the World's Fair in Seattle?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)