Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Golden Stallion Club.
(b) The Money Gate Club.
(c) The Liars' Club.
(d) The Poker Club.
2. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
3. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
4. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) A pony.
(b) A sequined dress.
(c) A new house.
(d) A record player.
5. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
(a) A rock.
(b) A stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
2. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
3. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
4. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charlie react to the news of the hurricane that threatened to eviscerate Leechfield?
2. What was Mary's reaction to seeing her mother in the mental hospital for the first time?
3. What happened when Mary and Lecia were sent to spend the evening overnight with Hector's sister, Alecia?
4. How did both Charlie and Pete deliver the news to their daughters that they were getting a divorce?
5. Who was Bumper, and what happened to him when Pete was admitted into the hospital?
6. What story did Pete regularly tell about the way his father died?
7. What happened when Hector and Pete met face-to-face in Texas?
8. What happened during the playground fight between Mary and Rickey Carter?
9. What image did Mary see when she went to the hospital to visit her grandmother after the surgery on her leg?
10. What information did the girls receive from their father about their mother's whereabouts after she was committed to the psychiatric ward?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)