|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began sobbing.
(b) She began shaking.
(c) She began laughing.
(d) She began vomiting.
2. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
(a) A gun.
(b) A stick.
(c) A knife.
(d) A rock.
3. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(b) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(c) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(d) She could see Lecia's blood.
4. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The priest.
(d) Her father.
5. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
2. Who cut into Mary's birthday cake before her on her tenth birthday?
3. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
4. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
5. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mary find out that her family was moving, yet again, from Colorado?
2. How did Mary learn to cope with her mother's mental instability, particularly after Charlie's breakdown after inheriting a large sum of money from Grandma Moore?
3. What traumatic event occurred while Mary and her family were driving from Leechfied to Lubbock in the hopes of outrunning the storm?
4. How did Lecia react when her mother threatened to shoot Hector in front of her?
5. Where was Mary when she was sexually assaulted, and what was her reaction to the event?
6. What did Mary believe to be the most traumatic memory of her childhood?
7. What conflict arose regarding Pete's medical insurance when he suffered his stroke?
8. What led up to the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
9. Who were Tex and Belinda?
10. How did Grandma Moore treat Cousin Dotty in comparison to the way she treated Charlie?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)