|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(b) A naked mattress.
(c) A goose-down pillow.
(d) A pile of dirty sheets.
2. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the gas station.
(b) At the baseball field.
(c) At the shopping mall.
(d) At the morgue.
3. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
4. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
5. How much money did Mary believe the Moore family inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
2. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
3. What part of his body did Pete claim his father broke before his death?
4. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
5. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did the girls receive from their father about their mother's whereabouts after she was committed to the psychiatric ward?
2. Who were Tex and Belinda?
3. What happened when the Karr family left the Bridge Cafe soon after Mary's birthday?
4. What was Mary's reaction to seeing her mother in the mental hospital for the first time?
5. Who was Bumper, and what happened to him when Pete was admitted into the hospital?
6. What image did Mary see when she went to the hospital to visit her grandmother after the surgery on her leg?
7. Why did Mary begin to compulsively check the mailbox after Father's Day?
8. How did Charlie react to the news that Mary's school wanted to advance her through the reading program at an accelerated rate?
9. How did Grandma Moore treat Cousin Dotty in comparison to the way she treated Charlie?
10. How did Mary and Lecia find out they had missed Father's Day?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)