|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(b) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(c) She could see Lecia's blood.
(d) She could feel Lecia's pain.
2. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
3. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) Her leg was covered in blisters.
(b) Her leg became paralyzed.
(c) There was no effect from the attack.
(d) Her leg had to be amputated.
4. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
(b) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(c) "Pirate Jenny".
(d) "Mack the Knife".
5. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
2. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
3. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
4. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
5. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mary choose to spend the Green Stamps she collected from the grocery store?
2. How did Pete manage the family's money during their toughest financial times?
3. How did Mary feel after her mother served her her first alcoholic beverage?
4. How did music affect Charlie's mood during her depression?
5. What happened during the playground fight between Mary and Rickey Carter?
6. What happened when the Karr family left the Bridge Cafe soon after Mary's birthday?
7. What was Lecia's reaction to the news that Grandma Moore had died?
8. How did Mary know her relationship with her neighbors in Texas was beginning to change?
9. Where was Mary when she was sexually assaulted, and what was her reaction to the event?
10. How did Charlie react to the news that their family had inherited a large sum of money from Grandma Moore's estate?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)