|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The Second World War.
(b) The dust bowl.
(d) The emancipation.
2. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
(a) Two times.
(b) One time.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
3. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(d) A bystander.
4. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
(a) Her father.
(b) The priest.
(d) The doctors.
5. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
(a) A haircut.
(d) A car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cut into Mary's birthday cake before her on her tenth birthday?
2. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
3. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
4. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
5. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Mary try to care for her father when he came to live with the family after being released from the hospital?
2. What did Mary believe to be the most traumatic memory of her childhood?
3. What was the truth behind Tex and Belinda, as Charlie told the story?
4. How did Mary find out that her family was moving, yet again, from Colorado?
5. What happened when Hector and Pete met face-to-face in Texas?
6. What was Mary's reaction to seeing her mother in the mental hospital for the first time?
7. How did Pete react when Mary announced that she didn't want her mother to return from the mental institution?
8. How did the Karr family react when Lecia was attacked by the jellyfish at the beach?
9. How did Mary and Lecia find out they had missed Father's Day?
10. What relationship did Mary have with her grandmother when the pair was living together during Mary's childhood?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)