|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
(a) Fried alligator.
(b) Shrimp remoulade.
(d) Red beans and rice.
2. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The garage.
(b) The living room.
(c) The den.
(d) The porch.
3. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Forty-two years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
4. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(a) A bystander.
5. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(a) Fire ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
2. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
3. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
4. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
5. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mary tie together the news of the jellyfish attack with the news of Grandma Moore's death?
2. Why did Charlie choose to vacation in Mexico for four weeks, and what news did she bring back to her daughters upon her return?
3. How did Pete manage the family's money during their toughest financial times?
4. How did Mary feel after her mother served her her first alcoholic beverage?
5. What story did Pete regularly tell about the way his father died?
6. What parts of the school system in Antelope were different than the school system in Leechfield?
7. How did Grandma Moore treat Cousin Dotty in comparison to the way she treated Charlie?
8. Where was Mary when she was sexually assaulted, and what was her reaction to the event?
9. How did Lecia react when her mother threatened to shoot Hector in front of her?
10. How did Mary learn to cope with her mother's mental instability, particularly after Charlie's breakdown after inheriting a large sum of money from Grandma Moore?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)