|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The sheriff's arms.
(b) The postman's arms.
(c) The gardener's arms.
(d) The neighbor's arms.
2. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A flamingo.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An orangutan.
3. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
4. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
5. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) There was no effect from the attack.
(b) Her leg had to be amputated.
(c) Her leg was covered in blisters.
(d) Her leg became paralyzed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
2. What was the name of the restaurant where Pete punched Charlie in the face?
3. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
4. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lecia's reaction to the news that Grandma Moore had died?
2. How did Mary and Lecia find out they had missed Father's Day?
3. What memory of her mother's childhood was the only one Mary kept with her while growing up?
4. What was the effect of the many years of hard drinking on Pete's body?
5. How did Charlie react to the news that their family had inherited a large sum of money from Grandma Moore's estate?
6. How did the neighborhood pitch in to help when Grandma Moore moved in with the Karr family?
7. What happened while Mary was reading the book Charlotte's Web while staying home sick from school?
8. How did Pete react when Mary announced that she didn't want her mother to return from the mental institution?
9. What did Pete witness of the hurricane when he refused to evacuate to Lubbock with his family?
10. What happened during the fight between Mary and Big Bertha?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)