|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the gas station.
(b) At the shopping mall.
(c) At the morgue.
(d) At the baseball field.
2. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
3. During her mental breakdown, what was Charlie screaming that she wanted to be?
(a) A good painter.
(b) A good mother.
(c) A good housewife.
(d) A good Christian.
4. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the local newspaper.
(b) At the elementary school.
(c) At the oil refinery.
(d) At the limestone quarry.
5. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "Mack the Knife".
(b) "Pirate Jenny".
(c) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
(d) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
2. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
3. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
4. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
5. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mary's reaction to seeing her mother in the mental hospital for the first time?
2. What startling event did Mary experience while driving in the car with her mother to Lubbock as a child?
3. What was Pete's condition like when he was recovering in the hospital from his stroke?
4. After leaving the hospital, how did Charlie react when visiting the Houston Zoo?
5. What was The Liars' Club?
6. What was Lecia's reaction to the news that Grandma Moore had died?
7. How did music affect Charlie's mood during her depression?
8. Who was Purdy?
9. What story did Pete regularly tell about the way his father died?
10. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)