|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which institution did Pete visit each week to pay a portion of his bill, but was never able to pay off completely?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The school.
(d) The pharmacy.
2. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
(a) The priest.
(b) Her father.
(c) The doctors.
3. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A flamingo.
4. Which of the following snacks did Mary typically eat while at the Liars' Club meetings?
(a) Apples and peanut butter.
(b) Pretzels and almonds.
(c) Celery and raisins.
(d) Cheese and crackers.
5. During what season of the year did Charlie have her full scale mental breakdown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Charlie regularly think of while listening to the opera?
2. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
3. How much money did Mary believe the Moore family inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
4. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
5. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mary's reaction to seeing her mother in the mental hospital for the first time?
2. What event led to Mary swearing that she would never step foot in Charlie's bar again?
3. What image did Mary see when she went to the hospital to visit her grandmother after the surgery on her leg?
4. What was Pete's reaction to the news that his daughters would be coming to stay with him full-time?
5. How did Mary choose to spend the Green Stamps she collected from the grocery store?
6. What parts of the school system in Antelope were different than the school system in Leechfield?
7. What was Lecia's reaction to the news that Grandma Moore had died?
8. What happened while Mary was reading the book Charlotte's Web while staying home sick from school?
9. Who was Purdy?
10. What relationship did Mary have with her grandmother when the pair was living together during Mary's childhood?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)