|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
2. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
(a) Poached eggs.
(d) Fried chicken.
3. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
4. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Forty-two years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty-one years.
(d) Nineteen years.
5. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could see Lecia's blood.
(b) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(c) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(d) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
2. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
3. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
4. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
5. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did music affect Charlie's mood during her depression?
2. How did Lecia react when her mother threatened to shoot Hector in front of her?
3. What parts of the school system in Antelope were different than the school system in Leechfield?
4. Why did Charlie choose to vacation in Mexico for four weeks, and what news did she bring back to her daughters upon her return?
5. What was The Liars' Club?
6. How did Pete manage the family's money during their toughest financial times?
7. How did Charlie react to the news of the hurricane that threatened to eviscerate Leechfield?
8. What happened to the Karr family when Mary moved away from Texas to pursue her education?
9. What happened when the Karr family left the Bridge Cafe soon after Mary's birthday?
10. How did Grandma Moore treat Cousin Dotty in comparison to the way she treated Charlie?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)