|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the restaurant where Pete punched Charlie in the face?
(a) Yacht Cafe.
(b) Bridge Cafe.
(c) Sun Cafe.
(d) Mountain Cafe.
2. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
3. During what season of the year did Charlie have her full scale mental breakdown?
4. What did Charlie spend her day doing while at the beach with her family soon after Grandma Moore's funeral?
(b) Drinking at the bar.
(c) Sleeping in the car.
(d) Reading in the shade.
5. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pete buy for Mary for her tenth birthday?
2. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
3. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
4. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
5. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mary choose to spend the Green Stamps she collected from the grocery store?
2. What traumatic event occurred while Mary and her family were driving from Leechfied to Lubbock in the hopes of outrunning the storm?
3. What happened to the Karr family when Mary moved away from Texas to pursue her education?
4. What relationship did Mary have with her grandmother when the pair was living together during Mary's childhood?
5. How did Mary and Lecia find out they had missed Father's Day?
6. How did Charlie react to the news of the hurricane that threatened to eviscerate Leechfield?
7. Where was Mary when she was sexually assaulted, and what was her reaction to the event?
8. How did Charlie react to the news that their family had inherited a large sum of money from Grandma Moore's estate?
9. How did Mary know her relationship with her neighbors in Texas was beginning to change?
10. What happened to Mary while she was out at the bar with Pete during her school vacation?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)