|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
2. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Five feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Twenty feet tall.
(d) Fifteen feet tall.
3. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) Daily beatings.
(b) Reward charts.
(c) She ignored the behavior.
(d) Verbal attacks.
4. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the shopping mall.
(b) At the morgue.
(c) At the gas station.
(d) At the baseball field.
5. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Liars' Club.
(b) The Poker Club.
(c) The Golden Stallion Club.
(d) The Money Gate Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
2. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
3. Who cut into Mary's birthday cake before her on her tenth birthday?
4. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
5. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led up to the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
2. How did Mary and Lecia find out they had missed Father's Day?
3. What was the effect of the many years of hard drinking on Pete's body?
4. What happened when Hector and Pete met face-to-face in Texas?
5. How did Mary feel after her mother served her her first alcoholic beverage?
6. What happened during the playground fight between Mary and Rickey Carter?
7. What happened while Mary was reading the book Charlotte's Web while staying home sick from school?
8. What startling event did Mary experience while driving in the car with her mother to Lubbock as a child?
9. How did Pete react when Mary announced that she didn't want her mother to return from the mental institution?
10. How did Pete manage the family's money during their toughest financial times?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)