|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
2. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the oil refinery.
(b) At the elementary school.
(c) At the limestone quarry.
(d) At the local newspaper.
3. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
4. What was the name of the restaurant where Pete punched Charlie in the face?
(a) Yacht Cafe.
(b) Bridge Cafe.
(c) Mountain Cafe.
(d) Sun Cafe.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The temperature inside the house.
(b) The cleanliness of the house.
(c) The food.
(d) The girls' behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
2. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
3. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
4. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
5. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Mary and Lecia were sent to spend the evening overnight with Hector's sister, Alecia?
2. What was Pete's reaction to the news that his daughters would be coming to stay with him full-time?
3. Why did Charlie choose to vacation in Mexico for four weeks, and what news did she bring back to her daughters upon her return?
4. What parts of the school system in Antelope were different than the school system in Leechfield?
5. How did Mary tie together the news of the jellyfish attack with the news of Grandma Moore's death?
6. What relationship did Mary have with her grandmother when the pair was living together during Mary's childhood?
7. What happened when Hector and Pete met face-to-face in Texas?
8. What traumatic event occurred while Mary and her family were driving from Leechfied to Lubbock in the hopes of outrunning the storm?
9. How did the neighborhood pitch in to help when Grandma Moore moved in with the Karr family?
10. What information did the girls receive from their father about their mother's whereabouts after she was committed to the psychiatric ward?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)