|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pete buy for Mary for her tenth birthday?
(a) Diamod earrings.
(b) A bicycle.
(d) A book of crosswords.
2. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A giraffe.
3. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
(a) Sleep deprivation.
4. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A pile of dirty sheets.
(b) A goose-down pillow.
(c) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(d) A naked mattress.
5. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
(a) A box of baby clothes.
(b) A diary.
(c) Two locks of hair.
(d) A photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
2. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
3. What part of his body did Pete claim his father broke before his death?
4. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
5. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pete react when Mary announced that she didn't want her mother to return from the mental institution?
2. What led up to the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
3. What happened during the playground fight between Mary and Rickey Carter?
4. Who was Bumper, and what happened to him when Pete was admitted into the hospital?
5. How did Mary learn to cope with her mother's mental instability, particularly after Charlie's breakdown after inheriting a large sum of money from Grandma Moore?
6. What was Pete's reaction to the news that his daughters would be coming to stay with him full-time?
7. What was Pete's condition like when he was recovering in the hospital from his stroke?
8. What happened to the Karr family when Mary moved away from Texas to pursue her education?
9. Who were Tex and Belinda?
10. How did both Charlie and Pete deliver the news to their daughters that they were getting a divorce?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)