|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) There was no effect from the attack.
(b) Her leg had to be amputated.
(c) Her leg became paralyzed.
(d) Her leg was covered in blisters.
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A naked mattress.
(b) A goose-down pillow.
(c) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(d) A pile of dirty sheets.
3. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
4. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(a) Liquid Nitrogen.
(b) Mustard gas.
5. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(a) A bystander.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
2. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
3. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
4. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
5. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mary begin to compulsively check the mailbox after Father's Day?
2. How did Grandma Moore treat Cousin Dotty in comparison to the way she treated Charlie?
3. What happened when Mary and Lecia were sent to spend the evening overnight with Hector's sister, Alecia?
4. What happened while Mary was reading the book Charlotte's Web while staying home sick from school?
5. What conflict arose regarding Pete's medical insurance when he suffered his stroke?
6. What event led to Mary swearing that she would never step foot in Charlie's bar again?
7. How did Charlie and Pete first meet?
8. What led up to the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
9. How did music affect Charlie's mood during her depression?
10. How did Mary learn to cope with her mother's mental instability, particularly after Charlie's breakdown after inheriting a large sum of money from Grandma Moore?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)