|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Crisp bacon.
(b) Overstuffed sausages.
(c) A pot roast.
(d) Burnt salmon.
2. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An orangutan.
3. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(c) Aunt Iris.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The cleanliness of the house.
(b) The food.
(c) The girls' behavior.
(d) The temperature inside the house.
5. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
(a) Its tentacles.
(b) Its skin.
(c) Its heart.
(d) Its teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
2. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
3. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
4. Which of the following snacks did Mary typically eat while at the Liars' Club meetings?
5. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Mary try to care for her father when he came to live with the family after being released from the hospital?
2. What major event took place in Mary's life while driving to the World's Fair in Seattle?
3. How did both Charlie and Pete deliver the news to their daughters that they were getting a divorce?
4. How did the Karr family react when Lecia was attacked by the jellyfish at the beach?
5. What was Lecia's reaction to the news that Grandma Moore had died?
6. How did Mary know her relationship with her neighbors in Texas was beginning to change?
7. Who was Bumper, and what happened to him when Pete was admitted into the hospital?
8. What was Pete's condition like when he was recovering in the hospital from his stroke?
9. What event led to Mary swearing that she would never step foot in Charlie's bar again?
10. How did Mary tie together the news of the jellyfish attack with the news of Grandma Moore's death?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)