|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Ten feet tall.
(b) Five feet tall.
(c) Twenty feet tall.
(d) Fifteen feet tall.
2. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began shaking.
(b) She began vomiting.
(c) She began sobbing.
(d) She began laughing.
3. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The emancipation.
(b) The Second World War.
(d) The dust bowl.
4. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the oil refinery.
(b) At the limestone quarry.
(c) At the elementary school.
(d) At the local newspaper.
5. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
2. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
3. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
4. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
5. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parts of the school system in Antelope were different than the school system in Leechfield?
2. How did Charlie react to the news of the hurricane that threatened to eviscerate Leechfield?
3. What happened during the fight between Mary and Big Bertha?
4. What was Pete's condition like when he was recovering in the hospital from his stroke?
5. How did Mary and Lecia find out they had missed Father's Day?
6. What event led to Mary swearing that she would never step foot in Charlie's bar again?
7. How did Mary learn to cope with her mother's mental instability, particularly after Charlie's breakdown after inheriting a large sum of money from Grandma Moore?
8. What happened when the Karr family left the Bridge Cafe soon after Mary's birthday?
9. What relationship did Mary have with her grandmother when the pair was living together during Mary's childhood?
10. What traumatic event occurred while Mary and her family were driving from Leechfied to Lubbock in the hopes of outrunning the storm?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)