|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's mother.
(b) Charlie's aunt.
(c) Charlie's sister.
(d) Charlie's grandmother.
2. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) One time.
(d) Four times.
3. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The sheriff's arms.
(b) The postman's arms.
(c) The neighbor's arms.
(d) The gardener's arms.
4. Which of the following snacks did Mary typically eat while at the Liars' Club meetings?
(a) Cheese and crackers.
(b) Pretzels and almonds.
(c) Apples and peanut butter.
(d) Celery and raisins.
5. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
2. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
3. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
4. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
5. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event led to Mary swearing that she would never step foot in Charlie's bar again?
2. What happened to the Karr family when Mary moved away from Texas to pursue her education?
3. What image did Mary see when she went to the hospital to visit her grandmother after the surgery on her leg?
4. What was Pete's reaction to the news that his daughters would be coming to stay with him full-time?
5. What did Pete witness of the hurricane when he refused to evacuate to Lubbock with his family?
6. What relationship did Mary have with her grandmother when the pair was living together during Mary's childhood?
7. What happened while Mary was reading the book Charlotte's Web while staying home sick from school?
8. What led up to the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
9. How did the Karr family cope when they were all struck with insomnia at the same time?
10. What parts of the school system in Antelope were different than the school system in Leechfield?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)