|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
2. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the gas station.
(b) At the shopping mall.
(c) At the morgue.
(d) At the baseball field.
3. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(b) "Pirate Jenny".
(c) "Mack the Knife".
(d) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
4. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
5. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
2. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
3. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
4. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
5. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory of her mother's childhood was the only one Mary kept with her while growing up?
2. What behaviors did Grandma Moore witness in the Karr girls as children that deeply disturbed her?
3. How did Pete manage the family's money during their toughest financial times?
4. What happened during the fight between Mary and Big Bertha?
5. How did the Karr family cope when they were all struck with insomnia at the same time?
6. How did Mary tie together the news of the jellyfish attack with the news of Grandma Moore's death?
7. What information did the girls receive from their father about their mother's whereabouts after she was committed to the psychiatric ward?
8. How did Mary learn to cope with her mother's mental instability, particularly after Charlie's breakdown after inheriting a large sum of money from Grandma Moore?
9. In what ways did Mary try to care for her father when he came to live with the family after being released from the hospital?
10. What happened when Mary and Lecia were sent to spend the evening overnight with Hector's sister, Alecia?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)