|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Hector's life did Charlie find the most irritation with during their marriage?
(a) His temper.
(b) His alcoholism.
(c) His physical appearance.
(d) His unemployment.
2. In what topic of study did Mary receive her Master's Degree?
(c) Mary did not receive her Master's Degree.
3. With what did Charlie mix the first glass of wine she ever served to Mary?
4. Which of the following aspects of Cascade's landscape did NOT fascinate Mary and Lecia upon their arrival in the new city?
(a) Caves full of bats.
(b) Cold mountain streams.
(c) Abandoned mines.
(d) Fields of wildflowers.
5. To whom / what did Mary compare her sexual attacker while he was in her bedroom?
(a) The Devil.
(b) A ghost.
6. Where did Charlie meet the man that she asked to babysit Mary, and who later sexually assaulted her, while she was home sick from school?
(a) At the doctor's office.
(b) At the elementary school.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At the gas station.
7. What pills did Charlie become addicted to after she quit drinking?
8. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
(a) 11 reading levels.
(b) 7 reading levels.
(c) 15 reading levels.
(d) 18 reading levels.
9. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
10. For whom did Lecia lie and say she made hand-painted fishing lures?
(b) Mr. McBride.
11. What did Charlie use to stop the swelling in Mary's eye after the schoolyard fight with the "Big" bully?
(a) A bag of frozen peas.
(b) A raw steak.
(c) Ice wrapped in a towel.
(d) Charlie ignored the injury completely.
12. During the school day, where did the students at Mary's school in Antelope sit, which always astounded her?
(a) Wherever they felt like it.
(b) At their desks.
(c) Outside, on the grass.
(d) On the floor.
13. During what major American historical event was the town of Antelope formed?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Gold Rush.
(d) The Dust Bowl.
14. What was the name of the bar Charlie owned?
(a) The Cattleman.
(b) The Bucking Bronco.
(c) The Longhorn.
(d) The Andalusian.
15. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
(a) The Phantom Tollbooth.
(b) Charlotte's Web.
(c) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(d) The Wind in the Willows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Mr. McBride's wife?
2. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
3. What type of animals were Big Enough and Sure Enough?
4. Where did Mary move to attend graduate school in her adulthood?
5. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)