|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the bully who wanted to fight Mary after she felt Mary made her little sister look stupid in the classroom?
(a) Big Betty.
(b) Big Bertha.
(c) Big Brenda.
(d) Big Beth.
2. When Mary and Lecia were mistakenly put on the wrong plane, what destination did they almost end up in?
3. What did Mary claim her first drink of wine tasted like?
4. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
(a) Into home chores.
(b) Into friendships.
(c) Into music.
(d) Into school.
5. How did Mary attack Rickey Carter?
(a) She hit him.
(b) She kicked him.
(c) She spat on him.
(d) She bit him.
6. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "Self-Paced Learning".
(b) "No Child Left Behind".
(c) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
(d) "Education Is Fun".
7. For what holiday celebration did Mary hitchhike to Texas to be with her family?
(a) New Year's.
(d) Memorial Day.
8. Who came to Mary's aide when she screamed for help from the neighbors while Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
(a) Mr. McBride.
(b) No one.
(c) Big Bertha.
(d) Mr. Janisch.
9. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
10. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
(a) Scientific theory books.
(b) True-life crime books.
(c) Hedonistic religion books.
(d) Existential philosophy books.
11. How old was Hector's cousin Purdy when Mary and Lecia were sent to stay with her?
12. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
(a) Rickey's mother.
(b) Rickey's father.
(c) Rickey's brother.
(d) Rickey Carter.
13. For whom did Lecia lie and say she made hand-painted fishing lures?
(c) Mr. McBride.
14. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
(b) Once every few weeks.
(c) Every Sunday.
15. What part of Hector's life did Charlie find the most irritation with during their marriage?
(a) His temper.
(b) His alcoholism.
(c) His physical appearance.
(d) His unemployment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following family members was the only family member to stay dry-eyed during the divorce news that rocked the Karr family?
2. With what did Charlie mix the first glass of wine she ever served to Mary?
3. What part of her mother's body did Mary dream about her father cleaving off after the family visited Charlie at the psychiatric ward?
4. In what topic of study did Mary receive her Master's Degree?
5. What did Charlie purchase as an "investment" with Hector for their future together?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)