|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state was Lecia's husband when she met and married him?
2. What pills did Charlie become addicted to after she quit drinking?
3. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was silent.
(c) He was furious.
(d) He was understanding.
4. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
5. What did Charlie purchase as an "investment" with Hector for their future together?
(a) A new house.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A stallion.
(d) A bar.
6. Which of the following adjectives did Hector use to describe Lecia on the night Charlie threatened to shoot him?
7. What did Charlie find in Pete's wallet that sent her into an outburst of tears while she was driving home from visiting him at the hospital?
(a) A ticket stub.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A poem.
(d) A receipt.
8. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
9. How did the operator of the payphone treat the Karr girls as they were trying to make a collect call?
(a) She was kind to them.
(b) She was confused by them.
(c) She was rude to them.
(d) She ignored them.
10. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
(b) Once every few weeks.
(d) Every Sunday.
11. Which book was Mary reminded of when she looked out over the landscape of her new home in Antelope?
(a) Wuthering Heights.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) The Swiss Family Robinson.
12. Which of the following holidays did the Karr girls miss, oblivious to the day of its celebration?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Father's Day.
(c) All Saints' Day.
(d) Mother's Day.
13. Who once owned the house the Karr family purchased in Antelope?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A warden.
(d) A banker.
14. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
(a) He was a baker.
(b) He was a construction worker.
(c) He was a chimney sweep.
(d) He was a coal miner.
15. In what state did Charlie randomly decide to purchase a house while traveling to the World's Fair?
(a) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Lecia lie and say she made hand-painted fishing lures?
2. In what topic of study did Mary receive her Master's Degree?
3. During what major American historical event was the town of Antelope formed?
4. When Mary and Lecia were mistakenly put on the wrong plane, what destination did they almost end up in?
5. What did Charlie use to stop the swelling in Mary's eye after the schoolyard fight with the "Big" bully?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)