|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Hector's cousin Purdy when Mary and Lecia were sent to stay with her?
2. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
(a) Rickey's father.
(b) Rickey's mother.
(c) Rickey's brother.
(d) Rickey Carter.
3. How often did Mary check the mailbox waiting for a letter from Pete before Lecia finally lost the mailbox key?
(a) Four times a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Twice a day.
4. What did Rickey Carter's brother use to attack Lecia at the playground?
(a) His bookbag.
(b) His fists.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A track and field trophy.
5. In what state did Charlie randomly decide to purchase a house while traveling to the World's Fair?
(b) New Mexico.
6. Which book was Mary reminded of when she looked out over the landscape of her new home in Antelope?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
7. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A toaster.
(b) A nutcracker.
(c) A cheese grater.
(d) A can opener.
8. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
9. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
(a) Charlotte's Web.
(b) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(c) The Phantom Tollbooth.
(d) The Wind in the Willows.
10. What did Alecia use to bludgeon her husband with during a fight while Mary cowered in the bedroom?
(a) A golf club.
(b) A vase.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) A frying pan.
11. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From movies.
(b) From the television.
(c) From books.
(d) From brochures.
12. What did Mr. McBride do for the Karr family while he was employed?
(a) He was the butler.
(b) He was the gardener.
(c) He was the chauffeur.
(d) He was the stable master.
13. When Mary and Lecia were mistakenly put on the wrong plane, what destination did they almost end up in?
14. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
15. What was the name of the bar Charlie owned?
(a) The Bucking Bronco.
(b) The Andalusian.
(c) The Cattleman.
(d) The Longhorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Hector use to describe Lecia on the night Charlie threatened to shoot him?
2. Where was Pete when he suffered his first stroke?
3. When the police came to investigate the beating of Hector, what was Charlie wearing when she came to the door?
4. What did Charlie use to stop the swelling in Mary's eye after the schoolyard fight with the "Big" bully?
5. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)