|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
2. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
(a) He was a baker.
(b) He was a chimney sweep.
(c) He was a coal miner.
(d) He was a construction worker.
3. How many classrooms did Mary's school in Antelope have?
4. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
(a) To purchase land.
(b) To figure out if their marriage was healthy.
(c) To relax in the sun.
(d) To spend time with his family.
5. When Mary arrived back home after running to the neighbor's for help, what were Hector and Lecia doing together?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Watching television.
(d) Reading a book.
6. During what major American historical event was the town of Antelope formed?
(a) The Dust Bowl.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Gold Rush.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
7. To which city did the Karr family travel to see the World's Fair?
(a) San Antonio.
(c) New York.
8. What type of animals were Big Enough and Sure Enough?
9. Which of the following family members was the only family member to stay dry-eyed during the divorce news that rocked the Karr family?
10. Which of the following adjectives did Hector use to describe Lecia on the night Charlie threatened to shoot him?
11. In what topic of study did Mary receive her Master's Degree?
(d) Mary did not receive her Master's Degree.
12. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
(a) One week.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Who accidentally ran over Pete's cat while he was recovering in the hospital?
14. Who did Mary plan to shoot with her BB gun when she sits in a tree outside the schoolyard?
(a) Rickey's father.
(b) Rickey's brother.
(c) Rickey Carter.
(d) Rickey's mother.
15. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following aspects of Cascade's landscape did NOT fascinate Mary and Lecia upon their arrival in the new city?
2. Which of the following characters held a gun to his head while drinking at Charlie's bar, threatening to kill himself while Mary looked on?
3. Why was Mary anxious to get to the hotel on their way to the World's Fair?
4. Who once owned the house the Karr family purchased in Antelope?
5. When the police came to investigate the beating of Hector, what was Charlie wearing when she came to the door?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)