|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many classrooms did Mary's school in Antelope have?
2. Which of the following best describes the look Mary saw on Charlie's face when Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
3. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
(a) Into home chores.
(b) Into school.
(c) Into friendships.
(d) Into music.
4. What instrument did Hector like to listen to Lecia play?
5. What was the name of Pete's favorite cat?
6. What did Alecia use to bludgeon her husband with during a fight while Mary cowered in the bedroom?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) A vase.
(c) A golf club.
(d) A dictionary.
7. Which of the following characters held a gun to his head while drinking at Charlie's bar, threatening to kill himself while Mary looked on?
8. When Mary and Lecia were mistakenly put on the wrong plane, what destination did they almost end up in?
9. What did Charlie find in Pete's wallet that sent her into an outburst of tears while she was driving home from visiting him at the hospital?
(a) A poem.
(b) A receipt.
(c) A ticket stub.
(d) A photograph.
10. What color was the sportscar Charlie drove to Pete's in after he took custody of their daughters?
11. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
12. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
(a) He was a coal miner.
(b) He was a chimney sweep.
(c) He was a construction worker.
(d) He was a baker.
13. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
14. What did Mary finally purchase for Pete with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A silver money clip.
(b) A statue of a monk.
(c) A monogrammed handkerchief.
(d) A pen full of invisible ink.
15. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
(a) He was furious.
(b) He was silent.
(c) He was understanding.
(d) He was confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie use to stop the swelling in Mary's eye after the schoolyard fight with the "Big" bully?
2. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
3. From what state was Lecia's husband when she met and married him?
4. What did Mary claim her first drink of wine tasted like?
5. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)