|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
(a) Into friendships.
(b) Into school.
(c) Into music.
(d) Into home chores.
2. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
(a) Scientific theory books.
(b) Hedonistic religion books.
(c) True-life crime books.
(d) Existential philosophy books.
3. What did the girls in Mary's classroom typically do during their recess from school?
(b) All of the above.
4. What game were Pete and Mary playing at the local bar when she realized that her relationship with her father would never be the same?
5. For whom did Lecia lie and say she made hand-painted fishing lures?
(a) Mr. McBride.
6. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
7. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
(a) South Africa.
8. How many classrooms did Mary's school in Antelope have?
9. What was the name of Pete's favorite cat?
10. What part of Hector's life did Charlie find the most irritation with during their marriage?
(a) His temper.
(b) His unemployment.
(c) His physical appearance.
(d) His alcoholism.
11. In what state did Charlie randomly decide to purchase a house while traveling to the World's Fair?
(b) New Mexico.
12. To whom / what did Mary compare her sexual attacker while he was in her bedroom?
(b) A ghost.
(c) The Devil.
13. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
14. What did Mary claim her first drink of wine tasted like?
15. Where did the Liar's Club regularly meet?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a hunting shack.
(c) In the elementary school.
(d) In an old church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What small appliance did Mary try to plug into her father's outlet and was victim to his verbal outburst?
2. When Mary arrived back home after running to the neighbor's for help, what were Hector and Lecia doing together?
3. In what state was Antelope, the new town where Mary lived?
4. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
5. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)