|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
(a) 15 reading levels.
(b) 18 reading levels.
(c) 7 reading levels.
(d) 11 reading levels.
2. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was understanding.
(c) He was silent.
(d) He was furious.
3. How many classrooms did Mary's school in Antelope have?
4. What was the name of the bully who wanted to fight Mary after she felt Mary made her little sister look stupid in the classroom?
(a) Big Brenda.
(b) Big Betty.
(c) Big Bertha.
(d) Big Beth.
5. Which of the following best describes the look Mary saw on Charlie's face when Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
6. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
7. What part of her mother's body did Mary dream about her father cleaving off after the family visited Charlie at the psychiatric ward?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her ears.
8. Where did the Liar's Club regularly meet?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In an old church.
(c) In a hunting shack.
(d) In the elementary school.
9. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
(a) Into friendships.
(b) Into music.
(c) Into school.
(d) Into home chores.
10. During the school day, where did the students at Mary's school in Antelope sit, which always astounded her?
(a) Outside, on the grass.
(b) At their desks.
(c) On the floor.
(d) Wherever they felt like it.
11. What did the girls in Mary's classroom typically do during their recess from school?
(d) All of the above.
12. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
(a) Once every few weeks.
(c) Every Sunday.
13. Why was Mary anxious to get to the hotel on their way to the World's Fair?
(a) To inspect the mini fridge.
(b) To sleep in the bed.
(c) To swim in the pool.
(d) To eat from the snack machine.
14. What color was the sportscar Charlie drove to Pete's in after he took custody of their daughters?
15. What was the name of Mr. McBride's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Antelope, the new town where Mary lived?
2. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
3. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
4. What color were the stamps that Mary collected from the grocery store along with her mother's shopping?
5. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)