|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to Mary's aide when she screamed for help from the neighbors while Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. McBride.
(c) Mr. Janisch.
(d) Big Bertha.
2. What color was the sportscar Charlie drove to Pete's in after he took custody of their daughters?
3. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
4. What game were Pete and Mary playing at the local bar when she realized that her relationship with her father would never be the same?
5. What small appliance did Mary try to plug into her father's outlet and was victim to his verbal outburst?
(a) A computer printer.
(b) A dehumidifier.
(c) A desk fan.
(d) An alarm clock.
6. How did Mary describe the architecture of the new house her mother purchased with the inheritance money?
(d) "Art Deco".
7. What did Mr. McBride do for the Karr family while he was employed?
(a) He was the chauffeur.
(b) He was the gardener.
(c) He was the butler.
(d) He was the stable master.
8. How did the operator of the payphone treat the Karr girls as they were trying to make a collect call?
(a) She was kind to them.
(b) She was confused by them.
(c) She was rude to them.
(d) She ignored them.
9. Which of the following holidays did the Karr girls miss, oblivious to the day of its celebration?
(a) Father's Day.
(b) Mother's Day.
(c) All Saints' Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
10. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
11. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four weeks.
12. Who accidentally ran over Pete's cat while he was recovering in the hospital?
13. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
14. When Mary and Lecia were mistakenly put on the wrong plane, what destination did they almost end up in?
15. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie use to stop the swelling in Mary's eye after the schoolyard fight with the "Big" bully?
2. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
3. What was the pistol Charlie kept in her purse studded with?
4. During what major American historical event was the town of Antelope formed?
5. Where did Charlie meet the man that she asked to babysit Mary, and who later sexually assaulted her, while she was home sick from school?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)