|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mary move to attend graduate school in her adulthood?
(a) To the Midwest.
(b) To the Western Plains.
(c) To the Deep South.
(d) To the East Coast.
2. Which of the following family members was the only family member to stay dry-eyed during the divorce news that rocked the Karr family?
3. What small appliance did Mary try to plug into her father's outlet and was victim to his verbal outburst?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) A dehumidifier.
(c) A desk fan.
(d) A computer printer.
4. In what state was Antelope, the new town where Mary lived?
(d) New Mexico.
5. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
6. What did Mary finally purchase for Pete with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A pen full of invisible ink.
(b) A statue of a monk.
(c) A silver money clip.
(d) A monogrammed handkerchief.
7. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
(c) South Africa.
8. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
9. What was the name of Mr. McBride's wife?
10. Who came to Mary's aide when she screamed for help from the neighbors while Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
(a) No one.
(b) Big Bertha.
(c) Mr. McBride.
(d) Mr. Janisch.
11. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
(a) 11 reading levels.
(b) 7 reading levels.
(c) 15 reading levels.
(d) 18 reading levels.
12. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
13. With what did Charlie mix the first glass of wine she ever served to Mary?
14. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
15. How did Mary describe the architecture of the new house her mother purchased with the inheritance money?
(d) "Art Deco".
Short Answer Questions
1. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
2. From what state was Lecia's husband when she met and married him?
3. Which book was Mary reminded of when she looked out over the landscape of her new home in Antelope?
4. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
5. What was the name of Pete's favorite cat?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)