|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the sportscar Charlie drove to Pete's in after he took custody of their daughters?
2. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
3. What color were the stamps that Mary collected from the grocery store along with her mother's shopping?
4. For whom did Lecia lie and say she made hand-painted fishing lures?
(b) Mr. McBride.
5. Who did Mary plan to shoot with her BB gun when she sits in a tree outside the schoolyard?
(a) Rickey's brother.
(b) Rickey's father.
(c) Rickey's mother.
(d) Rickey Carter.
6. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
7. Where was Pete when he suffered his first stroke?
(a) Driving home from work.
(b) At the bar.
(c) In his bed.
(d) At church.
8. Who came to Mary's aide when she screamed for help from the neighbors while Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
(a) Mr. Janisch.
(b) Mr. McBride.
(c) Big Bertha.
(d) No one.
9. What was the pistol Charlie kept in her purse studded with?
10. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From movies.
(b) From brochures.
(c) From books.
(d) From the television.
11. What did Charlie purchase as an "investment" with Hector for their future together?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A bar.
(d) A new house.
12. How did the operator of the payphone treat the Karr girls as they were trying to make a collect call?
(a) She was rude to them.
(b) She was confused by them.
(c) She was kind to them.
(d) She ignored them.
13. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
(a) To spend time with his family.
(b) To purchase land.
(c) To relax in the sun.
(d) To figure out if their marriage was healthy.
14. What did Charlie find in Pete's wallet that sent her into an outburst of tears while she was driving home from visiting him at the hospital?
(a) A poem.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A receipt.
(d) A ticket stub.
15. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following holidays did the Karr girls miss, oblivious to the day of its celebration?
2. What did Alecia use to bludgeon her husband with during a fight while Mary cowered in the bedroom?
3. What small appliance did Mary try to plug into her father's outlet and was victim to his verbal outburst?
4. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
5. When the police came to investigate the beating of Hector, what was Charlie wearing when she came to the door?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)