|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary and Lecia were mistakenly put on the wrong plane, what destination did they almost end up in?
2. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
3. What was the name of the bar Charlie owned?
(a) The Andalusian.
(b) The Bucking Bronco.
(c) The Longhorn.
(d) The Cattleman.
4. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
(a) The Wind in the Willows.
(b) The Phantom Tollbooth.
(c) Charlotte's Web.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
5. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
(a) Rickey's brother.
(b) Rickey Carter.
(c) Rickey's mother.
(d) Rickey's father.
6. What did Mr. McBride do for the Karr family while he was employed?
(a) He was the gardener.
(b) He was the stable master.
(c) He was the chauffeur.
(d) He was the butler.
7. What color were the stamps that Mary collected from the grocery store along with her mother's shopping?
8. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
9. Who accidentally ran over Pete's cat while he was recovering in the hospital?
10. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
11. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
(a) He was silent.
(b) He was understanding.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was furious.
12. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
13. Along with Mary, who else believed that stepping on sidewalk cracks was terrible luck?
14. Which of the following aspects of Cascade's landscape did NOT fascinate Mary and Lecia upon their arrival in the new city?
(a) Abandoned mines.
(b) Fields of wildflowers.
(c) Caves full of bats.
(d) Cold mountain streams.
15. To which city did the Karr family travel to see the World's Fair?
(a) New York.
(b) San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
2. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
3. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
4. To whom / what did Mary compare her sexual attacker while he was in her bedroom?
5. What instrument did Hector like to listen to Lecia play?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)