|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with Mary, who else believed that stepping on sidewalk cracks was terrible luck?
2. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
3. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
(a) South Africa.
4. What part of her mother's body did Mary dream about her father cleaving off after the family visited Charlie at the psychiatric ward?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her head.
5. What was the name of the bully who wanted to fight Mary after she felt Mary made her little sister look stupid in the classroom?
(a) Big Bertha.
(b) Big Betty.
(c) Big Brenda.
(d) Big Beth.
6. What instrument did Hector like to listen to Lecia play?
7. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From movies.
(b) From books.
(c) From brochures.
(d) From the television.
8. Where did the Liar's Club regularly meet?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In the elementary school.
(c) In an old church.
(d) In a hunting shack.
9. How often did Mary check the mailbox waiting for a letter from Pete before Lecia finally lost the mailbox key?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Four times a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Three times a day.
10. What did Charlie purchase as an "investment" with Hector for their future together?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A new house.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A bar.
11. During what major American historical event was the town of Antelope formed?
(a) The Gold Rush.
(b) The Dust Bowl.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Civil War.
12. Where was Pete when he suffered his first stroke?
(a) At church.
(b) In his bed.
(c) At the bar.
(d) Driving home from work.
13. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
14. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
(a) Rickey Carter.
(b) Rickey's father.
(c) Rickey's brother.
(d) Rickey's mother.
15. When the police came to investigate the beating of Hector, what was Charlie wearing when she came to the door?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A straight jacket.
(c) A kimono.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mary move to attend graduate school in her adulthood?
2. What did the girls in Mary's classroom typically do during their recess from school?
3. Who came to Mary's aide when she screamed for help from the neighbors while Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
4. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
5. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)