|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following objects was NOT present in Mary and Lecia's imagination of the ward where their mother was being kept?
(a) Nurses with needles.
(b) Straight jackets.
(c) Shock therapy.
(d) White walls.
2. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
(a) 15 reading levels.
(b) 18 reading levels.
(c) 11 reading levels.
(d) 7 reading levels.
3. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From brochures.
(b) From the television.
(c) From books.
(d) From movies.
4. How old was Hector's cousin Purdy when Mary and Lecia were sent to stay with her?
5. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
(a) Once every few weeks.
(d) Every Sunday.
6. What color was the sportscar Charlie drove to Pete's in after he took custody of their daughters?
7. What did Mary finally purchase for Pete with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A statue of a monk.
(b) A silver money clip.
(c) A monogrammed handkerchief.
(d) A pen full of invisible ink.
8. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A toaster.
(b) A nutcracker.
(c) A cheese grater.
(d) A can opener.
9. How did Mary attack Rickey Carter?
(a) She kicked him.
(b) She spat on him.
(c) She hit him.
(d) She bit him.
10. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
11. What was the name of the bully who wanted to fight Mary after she felt Mary made her little sister look stupid in the classroom?
(a) Big Beth.
(b) Big Brenda.
(c) Big Bertha.
(d) Big Betty.
12. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "Education Is Fun".
(b) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
(c) "No Child Left Behind".
(d) "Self-Paced Learning".
13. Where did Charlie meet the man that she asked to babysit Mary, and who later sexually assaulted her, while she was home sick from school?
(a) At the elementary school.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At the doctor's office.
(d) At the gas station.
14. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
15. From what state was Lecia's husband when she met and married him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with Mary, who else believed that stepping on sidewalk cracks was terrible luck?
2. To which city did the Karr family travel to see the World's Fair?
3. In what state did Charlie randomly decide to purchase a house while traveling to the World's Fair?
4. Which of the following best describes the look Mary saw on Charlie's face when Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
5. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)