|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rickey Carter's brother use to attack Lecia at the playground?
(a) His fists.
(b) A track and field trophy.
(c) His bookbag.
(d) A baseball bat.
2. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "No Child Left Behind".
(b) "Self-Paced Learning".
(c) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
(d) "Education Is Fun".
3. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
4. How often did Mary check the mailbox waiting for a letter from Pete before Lecia finally lost the mailbox key?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Four times a day.
(d) Three times a day.
5. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From books.
(b) From movies.
(c) From the television.
(d) From brochures.
6. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
7. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
8. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A cheese grater.
(b) A can opener.
(c) A toaster.
(d) A nutcracker.
9. Who came to Mary's aide when she screamed for help from the neighbors while Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
(a) Big Bertha.
(b) Mr. Janisch.
(c) Mr. McBride.
(d) No one.
10. Along with Mary, who else believed that stepping on sidewalk cracks was terrible luck?
11. When Mary arrived back home after running to the neighbor's for help, what were Hector and Lecia doing together?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(d) Reading a book.
12. Which book was Mary reminded of when she looked out over the landscape of her new home in Antelope?
(a) Wuthering Heights.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) The Swiss Family Robinson.
13. What instrument did Hector like to listen to Lecia play?
14. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
(a) To spend time with his family.
(b) To figure out if their marriage was healthy.
(c) To relax in the sun.
(d) To purchase land.
15. What color was the sportscar Charlie drove to Pete's in after he took custody of their daughters?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Antelope, the new town where Mary lived?
2. What did Alecia use to bludgeon her husband with during a fight while Mary cowered in the bedroom?
3. Who did Mary plan to shoot with her BB gun when she sits in a tree outside the schoolyard?
4. How did the operator of the payphone treat the Karr girls as they were trying to make a collect call?
5. For what holiday celebration did Mary hitchhike to Texas to be with her family?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)