|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pills did Charlie become addicted to after she quit drinking?
2. How old was Hector's cousin Purdy when Mary and Lecia were sent to stay with her?
3. What type of animals were Big Enough and Sure Enough?
4. Which of the following family members was the only family member to stay dry-eyed during the divorce news that rocked the Karr family?
5. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
(a) Hedonistic religion books.
(b) Scientific theory books.
(c) True-life crime books.
(d) Existential philosophy books.
6. What was the name of the bully who wanted to fight Mary after she felt Mary made her little sister look stupid in the classroom?
(a) Big Bertha.
(b) Big Brenda.
(c) Big Beth.
(d) Big Betty.
7. Which of the following adjectives did Hector use to describe Lecia on the night Charlie threatened to shoot him?
8. Which of the following food items did Hector regularly eat raw, which sickened Charlie?
(a) Hamburger patties.
(b) Chicken breasts.
9. When Mary arrived back home after running to the neighbor's for help, what were Hector and Lecia doing together?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Watching television.
10. For whom did Lecia lie and say she made hand-painted fishing lures?
(d) Mr. McBride.
11. When Mary and Lecia were mistakenly put on the wrong plane, what destination did they almost end up in?
12. Where did the Liar's Club regularly meet?
(a) In the elementary school.
(b) In a hunting shack.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In an old church.
13. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
14. During the school day, where did the students at Mary's school in Antelope sit, which always astounded her?
(a) On the floor.
(b) Outside, on the grass.
(c) At their desks.
(d) Wherever they felt like it.
15. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "No Child Left Behind".
(b) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
(c) "Self-Paced Learning".
(d) "Education Is Fun".
Short Answer Questions
1. How many classrooms did Mary's school in Antelope have?
2. Where was Pete when he suffered his first stroke?
3. What did Mary claim her first drink of wine tasted like?
4. For what holiday celebration did Mary hitchhike to Texas to be with her family?
5. Which of the following characters held a gun to his head while drinking at Charlie's bar, threatening to kill himself while Mary looked on?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)