|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Liar's Club regularly meet?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a hunting shack.
(c) In an old church.
(d) In the elementary school.
2. What was the name of Pete's favorite cat?
3. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
(a) The Phantom Tollbooth.
(b) The Wind in the Willows.
(c) Charlotte's Web.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
4. Which of the following adjectives did Hector use to describe Lecia on the night Charlie threatened to shoot him?
5. What did Mr. McBride do for the Karr family while he was employed?
(a) He was the gardener.
(b) He was the chauffeur.
(c) He was the butler.
(d) He was the stable master.
6. What part of Hector's life did Charlie find the most irritation with during their marriage?
(a) His unemployment.
(b) His alcoholism.
(c) His temper.
(d) His physical appearance.
7. What did Mary finally purchase for Pete with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A silver money clip.
(b) A statue of a monk.
(c) A pen full of invisible ink.
(d) A monogrammed handkerchief.
8. What did Mary claim her first drink of wine tasted like?
9. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
(a) He was a chimney sweep.
(b) He was a baker.
(c) He was a coal miner.
(d) He was a construction worker.
10. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
11. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "Education Is Fun".
(b) "Self-Paced Learning".
(c) "No Child Left Behind".
(d) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
12. What did Charlie find in Pete's wallet that sent her into an outburst of tears while she was driving home from visiting him at the hospital?
(a) A ticket stub.
(b) A receipt.
(c) A poem.
(d) A photograph.
13. What did the girls in Mary's classroom typically do during their recess from school?
(b) All of the above.
14. What small appliance did Mary try to plug into her father's outlet and was victim to his verbal outburst?
(a) A dehumidifier.
(b) A desk fan.
(c) A computer printer.
(d) An alarm clock.
15. In what state was Antelope, the new town where Mary lived?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
2. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
3. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
4. How old was Hector's cousin Purdy when Mary and Lecia were sent to stay with her?
5. What instrument did Hector like to listen to Lecia play?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)