|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
(a) Rickey's brother.
(b) Rickey's father.
(c) Rickey's mother.
(d) Rickey Carter.
2. How many classrooms did Mary's school in Antelope have?
3. What was the pistol Charlie kept in her purse studded with?
4. What was the name of the buxom bartender at the local bar where Pete took Mary during her school holidays?
5. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "Self-Paced Learning".
(b) "No Child Left Behind".
(c) "Education Is Fun".
(d) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
6. What did Rickey Carter's brother use to attack Lecia at the playground?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A track and field trophy.
(c) His fists.
(d) His bookbag.
7. What type of animals were Big Enough and Sure Enough?
8. Who came to Mary's aide when she screamed for help from the neighbors while Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Janisch.
(c) Mr. McBride.
(d) Big Bertha.
9. Where was Pete when he suffered his first stroke?
(a) At church.
(b) In his bed.
(c) At the bar.
(d) Driving home from work.
10. How often did Mary check the mailbox waiting for a letter from Pete before Lecia finally lost the mailbox key?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Four times a day.
(d) Twice a day.
11. In what state did Charlie randomly decide to purchase a house while traveling to the World's Fair?
(c) New Mexico.
12. Which of the following characters held a gun to his head while drinking at Charlie's bar, threatening to kill himself while Mary looked on?
13. During the school day, where did the students at Mary's school in Antelope sit, which always astounded her?
(a) Wherever they felt like it.
(b) Outside, on the grass.
(c) At their desks.
(d) On the floor.
14. Which of the following adjectives did Hector use to describe Lecia on the night Charlie threatened to shoot him?
15. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
(a) He was a coal miner.
(b) He was a chimney sweep.
(c) He was a baker.
(d) He was a construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what state was Lecia's husband when she met and married him?
2. What instrument did Hector like to listen to Lecia play?
3. What did Mary finally purchase for Pete with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
4. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
5. Where did the Liar's Club regularly meet?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)