|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state was Lecia's husband when she met and married him?
2. Which of the following food items did Hector regularly eat raw, which sickened Charlie?
(c) Chicken breasts.
(d) Hamburger patties.
3. Which of the following best describes the look Mary saw on Charlie's face when Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
4. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
(a) He was a construction worker.
(b) He was a chimney sweep.
(c) He was a baker.
(d) He was a coal miner.
5. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
6. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A can opener.
(b) A nutcracker.
(c) A cheese grater.
(d) A toaster.
7. When the police came to investigate the beating of Hector, what was Charlie wearing when she came to the door?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A straight jacket.
(d) A kimono.
8. What did Charlie use to stop the swelling in Mary's eye after the schoolyard fight with the "Big" bully?
(a) A bag of frozen peas.
(b) Ice wrapped in a towel.
(c) A raw steak.
(d) Charlie ignored the injury completely.
9. Where was Pete when he suffered his first stroke?
(a) At the bar.
(b) In his bed.
(c) At church.
(d) Driving home from work.
10. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
11. What small appliance did Mary try to plug into her father's outlet and was victim to his verbal outburst?
(a) A dehumidifier.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) A computer printer.
(d) A desk fan.
12. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
13. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
(a) Into music.
(b) Into home chores.
(c) Into friendships.
(d) Into school.
14. What did the girls in Mary's classroom typically do during their recess from school?
(d) All of the above.
15. Which of the following characters held a gun to his head while drinking at Charlie's bar, threatening to kill himself while Mary looked on?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary arrived back home after running to the neighbor's for help, what were Hector and Lecia doing together?
2. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
3. What did Mary claim her first drink of wine tasted like?
4. What was the name of Pete's favorite cat?
5. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)