|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game were Pete and Mary playing at the local bar when she realized that her relationship with her father would never be the same?
2. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her sister.
3. Where was Pete when he suffered his first stroke?
(a) At the bar.
(b) In his bed.
(c) Driving home from work.
(d) At church.
4. Who did Mary plan to shoot with her BB gun when she sits in a tree outside the schoolyard?
(a) Rickey's mother.
(b) Rickey's father.
(c) Rickey Carter.
(d) Rickey's brother.
5. For whom did Lecia lie and say she made hand-painted fishing lures?
(c) Mr. McBride.
6. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
(a) To purchase land.
(b) To relax in the sun.
(c) To figure out if their marriage was healthy.
(d) To spend time with his family.
7. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
8. What did Charlie use to stop the swelling in Mary's eye after the schoolyard fight with the "Big" bully?
(a) A bag of frozen peas.
(b) A raw steak.
(c) Ice wrapped in a towel.
(d) Charlie ignored the injury completely.
9. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A cheese grater.
(b) A toaster.
(c) A can opener.
(d) A nutcracker.
10. What was the name of Mr. McBride's wife?
11. How many classrooms did Mary's school in Antelope have?
12. From what state was Lecia's husband when she met and married him?
13. What did Rickey Carter's brother use to attack Lecia at the playground?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) His fists.
(c) A track and field trophy.
(d) His bookbag.
14. What part of her mother's body did Mary dream about her father cleaving off after the family visited Charlie at the psychiatric ward?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her foot.
15. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From movies.
(b) From the television.
(c) From brochures.
(d) From books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the bully who wanted to fight Mary after she felt Mary made her little sister look stupid in the classroom?
2. When Mary arrived back home after running to the neighbor's for help, what were Hector and Lecia doing together?
3. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
4. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
5. What did Joey previously do for work before he left for medical reasons?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)