|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
(a) To relax in the sun.
(b) To figure out if their marriage was healthy.
(c) To spend time with his family.
(d) To purchase land.
2. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
(a) 7 reading levels.
(b) 18 reading levels.
(c) 15 reading levels.
(d) 11 reading levels.
3. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A cheese grater.
(b) A nutcracker.
(c) A toaster.
(d) A can opener.
4. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
(a) Rickey's brother.
(b) Rickey's mother.
(c) Rickey's father.
(d) Rickey Carter.
5. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
6. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
7. Which of the following food items did Hector regularly eat raw, which sickened Charlie?
(b) Chicken breasts.
(c) Hamburger patties.
8. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "Self-Paced Learning".
(b) "Education Is Fun".
(c) "No Child Left Behind".
(d) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
9. Where did the Liar's Club regularly meet?
(a) In an old church.
(b) In a bar.
(c) In a hunting shack.
(d) In the elementary school.
10. What type of animals were Big Enough and Sure Enough?
11. How often did Mary check the mailbox waiting for a letter from Pete before Lecia finally lost the mailbox key?
(a) Four times a day.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Three times a day.
12. What did the girls in Mary's classroom typically do during their recess from school?
(d) All of the above.
13. What did Charlie use to stop the swelling in Mary's eye after the schoolyard fight with the "Big" bully?
(a) Ice wrapped in a towel.
(b) A raw steak.
(c) A bag of frozen peas.
(d) Charlie ignored the injury completely.
14. How old was Hector's cousin Purdy when Mary and Lecia were sent to stay with her?
15. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
(a) The Wind in the Willows.
(b) Charlotte's Web.
(c) The Phantom Tollbooth.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the school day, where did the students at Mary's school in Antelope sit, which always astounded her?
2. What small appliance did Mary try to plug into her father's outlet and was victim to his verbal outburst?
3. How did Mary describe the architecture of the new house her mother purchased with the inheritance money?
4. What game were Pete and Mary playing at the local bar when she realized that her relationship with her father would never be the same?
5. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)