|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the bully who wanted to fight Mary after she felt Mary made her little sister look stupid in the classroom?
(a) Big Beth.
(b) Big Brenda.
(c) Big Betty.
(d) Big Bertha.
2. What was the name of Pete's favorite cat?
3. What type of animals were Big Enough and Sure Enough?
4. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
(b) "Education Is Fun".
(c) "No Child Left Behind".
(d) "Self-Paced Learning".
5. Which of the following objects was NOT present in Mary and Lecia's imagination of the ward where their mother was being kept?
(a) Straight jackets.
(b) Shock therapy.
(c) Nurses with needles.
(d) White walls.
6. In what topic of study did Mary receive her Master's Degree?
(c) Mary did not receive her Master's Degree.
7. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
8. To whom / what did Mary compare her sexual attacker while he was in her bedroom?
(a) A ghost.
(d) The Devil.
9. When Mary and Lecia were mistakenly put on the wrong plane, what destination did they almost end up in?
10. For what holiday celebration did Mary hitchhike to Texas to be with her family?
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) New Year's.
11. For whom did Lecia lie and say she made hand-painted fishing lures?
(b) Mr. McBride.
12. During what major American historical event was the town of Antelope formed?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Dust Bowl.
(c) The Gold Rush.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
13. What part of Hector's life did Charlie find the most irritation with during their marriage?
(a) His temper.
(b) His alcoholism.
(c) His unemployment.
(d) His physical appearance.
14. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
15. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the bar Charlie owned?
2. Where did Charlie meet the man that she asked to babysit Mary, and who later sexually assaulted her, while she was home sick from school?
3. Who once owned the house the Karr family purchased in Antelope?
4. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
5. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)