Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Golden Stallion Club.
(b) The Money Gate Club.
(c) The Liars' Club.
(d) The Poker Club.
2. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
3. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
4. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) A pony.
(b) A sequined dress.
(c) A new house.
(d) A record player.
5. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
(a) A rock.
(b) A stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
6. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The den.
(b) The living room.
(c) The porch.
(d) The garage.
7. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
8. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) A pot roast.
(b) Overstuffed sausages.
(c) Burnt salmon.
(d) Crisp bacon.
9. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
(c) A car accident.
(d) A haircut.
10. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The temperature inside the house.
(b) The girls' behavior.
(c) The food.
(d) The cleanliness of the house.
11. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(c) Boiled shrimp.
(d) Smoked salmon.
12. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
13. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Ironing his shirts.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Shaving his beard.
(d) Cooking his breakfast.
14. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
15. What did Charlie spend her day doing while at the beach with her family soon after Grandma Moore's funeral?
(b) Drinking at the bar.
(c) Sleeping in the car.
(d) Reading in the shade.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her mental breakdown, what was Charlie screaming that she wanted to be?
2. What was the name of the restaurant where Pete punched Charlie in the face?
3. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
4. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
5. What type of alcohol was Pete known to keep in his truck?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)