|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
2. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
3. What food did Mary wake to find Charlie cooking, naked, at the oven in the middle of the night?
(a) Onion soup.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) An omelette.
4. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
(b) Fried chicken.
(d) Poached eggs.
5. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Black coffee.
(b) Tart lemonade.
(c) Flasked whiskey.
(d) Gin and tonic.
6. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "Mack the Knife".
(b) "Pirate Jenny".
(c) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
(d) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
7. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her stomach tightened.
(b) Her pulse quickened.
(c) Her palms became sweaty.
(d) Her throat became dry.
8. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) From a phone call.
(b) From a visitor at the door.
(c) From a letter.
(d) From her parent's diary.
9. Which institution did Pete visit each week to pay a portion of his bill, but was never able to pay off completely?
(a) The pharmacy.
(b) The grocery.
(c) The school.
(d) The doctor.
10. What did Pete buy for Mary for her tenth birthday?
(a) A book of crosswords.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) Diamod earrings.
11. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) A new house.
(b) A pony.
(c) A record player.
(d) A sequined dress.
12. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(b) A naked mattress.
(c) A goose-down pillow.
(d) A pile of dirty sheets.
13. During what season of the year did Charlie have her full scale mental breakdown?
14. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The living room.
(b) The porch.
(c) The den.
(d) The garage.
15. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's teacher.
(b) Mary's neighbor.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's bus driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
2. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
3. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
4. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
5. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)