|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(d) Aunt Iris.
2. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(c) Smoked salmon.
(d) Boiled shrimp.
3. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began shaking.
(b) She began laughing.
(c) She began vomiting.
(d) She began sobbing.
4. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
5. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
6. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her fingers.
7. What did Charlie spend her day doing while at the beach with her family soon after Grandma Moore's funeral?
(b) Sleeping in the car.
(c) Drinking at the bar.
(d) Reading in the shade.
8. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
9. Which of the following states was most hard hit during the hurricane?
10. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
(a) A photograph.
(b) Two locks of hair.
(c) A box of baby clothes.
(d) A diary.
11. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
12. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(c) Live Oak.
13. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
14. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The Second World War.
(c) The emancipation.
(d) The dust bowl.
15. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) To cheer Grandma up.
(b) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(c) So Mary can see the realities of life.
(d) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
2. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
3. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
4. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
5. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)