|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
2. Which institution did Pete visit each week to pay a portion of his bill, but was never able to pay off completely?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The school.
(d) The pharmacy.
3. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
4. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(b) Boiled shrimp.
(c) Smoked salmon.
5. What type of alcohol was Pete known to keep in his truck?
6. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A tiger.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A giraffe.
7. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The food.
(b) The girls' behavior.
(c) The temperature inside the house.
(d) The cleanliness of the house.
8. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Twenty feet tall.
(b) Fifteen feet tall.
(c) Five feet tall.
(d) Ten feet tall.
9. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) Her leg was covered in blisters.
(b) Her leg became paralyzed.
(c) There was no effect from the attack.
(d) Her leg had to be amputated.
10. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The living room.
(b) The garage.
(c) The den.
(d) The porch.
11. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's aunt.
(b) Charlie's mother.
(c) Charlie's grandmother.
(d) Charlie's sister.
12. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Cooking his breakfast.
(b) Ironing his shirts.
(c) Shaving his beard.
(d) Chopping wood.
13. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
(c) A haircut.
(d) A car accident.
14. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
15. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
2. During her mental breakdown, what was Charlie screaming that she wanted to be?
3. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
4. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
5. Which of the following snacks did Mary typically eat while at the Liars' Club meetings?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)