|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(b) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
(c) To cheer Grandma up.
(d) So Mary can see the realities of life.
2. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
3. Which of the following snacks did Mary typically eat while at the Liars' Club meetings?
(a) Pretzels and almonds.
(b) Apples and peanut butter.
(c) Celery and raisins.
(d) Cheese and crackers.
4. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(b) Fire ants.
5. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
6. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Tart lemonade.
(b) Black coffee.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) Flasked whiskey.
7. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
8. What type of alcohol was Pete known to keep in his truck?
9. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Five years old.
10. During her mental breakdown, what was Charlie screaming that she wanted to be?
(a) A good painter.
(b) A good housewife.
(c) A good Christian.
(d) A good mother.
11. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
12. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(b) Boiled shrimp.
(c) Smoked salmon.
13. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began sobbing.
(b) She began shaking.
(c) She began vomiting.
(d) She began laughing.
14. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's father.
(b) Mary's teacher.
(c) Mary's neighbor.
(d) Mary's bus driver.
15. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(a) A bystander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his body did Pete claim his father broke before his death?
2. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
3. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
4. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
5. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)