|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Chicken Pox.
2. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(a) Liquid Nitrogen.
(b) Mustard gas.
3. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) Her leg was covered in blisters.
(b) Her leg became paralyzed.
(c) Her leg had to be amputated.
(d) There was no effect from the attack.
4. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A goose-down pillow.
(b) A naked mattress.
(c) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(d) A pile of dirty sheets.
5. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
6. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) Daily beatings.
(b) Verbal attacks.
(c) Reward charts.
(d) She ignored the behavior.
7. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
8. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
9. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Forty-two years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty-one years.
(d) Nineteen years.
10. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(c) Aunt Iris.
11. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
12. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the gas station.
(b) At the shopping mall.
(c) At the baseball field.
(d) At the morgue.
13. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) An orangutan.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) A giraffe.
14. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
15. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the elementary school.
(b) At the oil refinery.
(c) At the local newspaper.
(d) At the limestone quarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
2. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
3. What city did Charlie regularly think of while listening to the opera?
4. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
5. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)