|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Money Gate Club.
(b) The Liars' Club.
(c) The Poker Club.
(d) The Golden Stallion Club.
2. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
(b) "Mack the Knife".
(c) "Pirate Jenny".
(d) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
3. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
(a) He ran around the house, doting on Grandma Moore.
(b) He ignored Grandma completely.
(c) He welcomed Grandma Moore with open arms.
(d) He stayed away from home.
4. What did Pete buy for Mary for her tenth birthday?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) Diamod earrings.
(c) A book of crosswords.
5. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) A pot roast.
(b) Crisp bacon.
(c) Overstuffed sausages.
(d) Burnt salmon.
6. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(b) Fire ants.
7. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
8. What city did Charlie regularly think of while listening to the opera?
(c) New York.
9. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(a) Boiled shrimp.
(d) Smoked salmon.
10. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A pile of dirty sheets.
(b) A naked mattress.
(c) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(d) A goose-down pillow.
11. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(a) A bystander.
12. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
13. What did Charlie spend her day doing while at the beach with her family soon after Grandma Moore's funeral?
(a) Sleeping in the car.
(b) Drinking at the bar.
(d) Reading in the shade.
14. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Ironing his shirts.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Cooking his breakfast.
(d) Shaving his beard.
15. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
(a) Aunt Ingrid.
(b) Aunt Ireland.
(c) Aunt Iris.
(d) Aunt Isabelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
2. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
3. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
4. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
5. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)