|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the dining room.
2. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(b) Fire ants.
3. What did Pete buy for Mary for her tenth birthday?
(a) A book of crosswords.
(b) A bicycle.
(d) Diamod earrings.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The food.
(b) The temperature inside the house.
(c) The girls' behavior.
(d) The cleanliness of the house.
5. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) A pony.
(b) A record player.
(c) A new house.
(d) A sequined dress.
6. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
(a) Its skin.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its tentacles.
(d) Its heart.
7. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
(a) A stick.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rock.
(d) A knife.
8. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
9. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(a) Smoked salmon.
(c) Boiled shrimp.
10. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
11. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
12. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Poached eggs.
13. During what season of the year did Charlie have her full scale mental breakdown?
14. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Twenty feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Fifteen feet tall.
(d) Five feet tall.
15. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Burnt salmon.
(b) A pot roast.
(c) Overstuffed sausages.
(d) Crisp bacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following snacks did Mary typically eat while at the Liars' Club meetings?
2. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
3. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
4. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
5. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)