|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began vomiting.
(b) She began laughing.
(c) She began sobbing.
(d) She began shaking.
2. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(b) "Pirate Jenny".
(c) "Mack the Knife".
(d) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
3. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The sheriff's arms.
(b) The postman's arms.
(c) The gardener's arms.
(d) The neighbor's arms.
4. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(d) Live Oak.
5. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
6. What did Pete buy for Mary for her tenth birthday?
(b) A bicycle.
(c) Diamod earrings.
(d) A book of crosswords.
7. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
(a) A pair of orange boots.
(b) A yellow hat.
(c) A white sheet.
(d) A red jacket.
8. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The emancipation.
(c) The Second World War.
(d) The dust bowl.
9. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the living room.
10. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
11. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
12. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
13. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The garage.
(b) The living room.
(c) The den.
(d) The porch.
14. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
15. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her throat became dry.
(b) Her stomach tightened.
(c) Her palms became sweaty.
(d) Her pulse quickened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
2. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
3. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
4. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
5. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)