|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
2. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
(a) One time.
(b) Four times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Three times.
3. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) From a visitor at the door.
(b) From a letter.
(c) From her parent's diary.
(d) From a phone call.
4. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Seven years old.
5. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
6. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(d) A bystander.
7. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
(b) Sleep deprivation.
8. What type of alcohol was Pete known to keep in his truck?
9. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) Her parents' bedroom.
(d) The laundry room.
10. During her mental breakdown, what was Charlie screaming that she wanted to be?
(a) A good mother.
(b) A good Christian.
(c) A good painter.
(d) A good housewife.
11. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
(b) Poached eggs.
(d) Fried chicken.
12. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(d) Fire ants.
13. What city did Charlie regularly think of while listening to the opera?
(c) New York.
14. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
(c) A car accident.
(d) A haircut.
15. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(c) Mustard gas.
(d) Liquid Nitrogen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
2. What was the name of the restaurant where Pete punched Charlie in the face?
3. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
4. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
5. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)