|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Twenty-one years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Nineteen years.
(d) Forty-two years.
2. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(b) The Second World War.
(c) The dust bowl.
(d) The emancipation.
3. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
4. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
5. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's sister.
(b) Charlie's aunt.
(c) Charlie's grandmother.
(d) Charlie's mother.
6. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her fingers.
7. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
(b) Poached eggs.
(d) Fried chicken.
8. What food did Mary wake to find Charlie cooking, naked, at the oven in the middle of the night?
(a) An omelette.
(b) Onion soup.
(c) Fried chicken.
9. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
10. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The gardener's arms.
(b) The postman's arms.
(c) The neighbor's arms.
(d) The sheriff's arms.
11. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) A record player.
(b) A sequined dress.
(c) A new house.
(d) A pony.
12. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
(a) Red beans and rice.
(c) Shrimp remoulade.
(d) Fried alligator.
13. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) From her parent's diary.
(b) From a visitor at the door.
(c) From a phone call.
(d) From a letter.
14. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(d) Fire ants.
15. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(c) A bystander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
2. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
3. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
4. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
5. What type of alcohol was Pete known to keep in his truck?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)