|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
2. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the elementary school.
(b) At the local newspaper.
(c) At the oil refinery.
(d) At the limestone quarry.
3. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Liars' Club.
(b) The Poker Club.
(c) The Golden Stallion Club.
(d) The Money Gate Club.
4. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began sobbing.
(b) She began shaking.
(c) She began laughing.
(d) She began vomiting.
5. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
6. What part of his body did Pete claim his father broke before his death?
(a) His knee.
(b) His rib.
(c) His nose.
(d) His neck.
7. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rock.
(c) A stick.
(d) A gun.
8. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The porch.
(b) The living room.
(c) The den.
(d) The garage.
9. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's aunt.
(b) Charlie's sister.
(c) Charlie's mother.
(d) Charlie's grandmother.
10. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the shopping mall.
(b) At the morgue.
(c) At the baseball field.
(d) At the gas station.
11. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
(a) Its skin.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its heart.
(d) Its tentacles.
12. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) So Mary can see the realities of life.
(b) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
(c) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(d) To cheer Grandma up.
13. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Forty-two years.
(c) Nineteen years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
14. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
15. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
2. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
3. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
4. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
5. What city did Charlie regularly think of while listening to the opera?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)