|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Money Gate Club.
(b) The Liars' Club.
(c) The Golden Stallion Club.
(d) The Poker Club.
2. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
(a) Her father.
(c) The priest.
(d) The doctors.
3. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
(a) Fried chicken.
(c) Poached eggs.
5. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
6. What city did Charlie regularly think of while listening to the opera?
(d) New York.
7. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The living room.
(b) The garage.
(c) The porch.
(d) The den.
8. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's aunt.
(b) Charlie's grandmother.
(c) Charlie's sister.
(d) Charlie's mother.
9. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's father.
(b) Mary's neighbor.
(c) Mary's teacher.
(d) Mary's bus driver.
10. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
11. Which of the following states was most hard hit during the hurricane?
12. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
(a) Red beans and rice.
(b) Fried alligator.
(d) Shrimp remoulade.
13. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) The laundry room.
(b) Her parents' bedroom.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The bathroom.
14. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
(a) Aunt Isabelle.
(b) Aunt Ireland.
(c) Aunt Iris.
(d) Aunt Ingrid.
15. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
2. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
3. What food did Mary wake to find Charlie cooking, naked, at the oven in the middle of the night?
4. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
5. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)