|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
2. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) So Mary can see the realities of life.
(b) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
(c) To cheer Grandma up.
(d) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
3. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(b) Mustard gas.
(d) Liquid Nitrogen.
4. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Twenty feet tall.
(b) Five feet tall.
(c) Fifteen feet tall.
(d) Ten feet tall.
5. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
6. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
(a) The doctors.
(c) Her father.
(d) The priest.
7. What type of alcohol was Pete known to keep in his truck?
8. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Cooking his breakfast.
(b) Ironing his shirts.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Shaving his beard.
9. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began sobbing.
(b) She began laughing.
(c) She began shaking.
(d) She began vomiting.
10. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's neighbor.
(b) Mary's teacher.
(c) Mary's bus driver.
(d) Mary's father.
11. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) A pony.
(b) A record player.
(c) A new house.
(d) A sequined dress.
12. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the dining room.
13. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The temperature inside the house.
(b) The cleanliness of the house.
(c) The food.
(d) The girls' behavior.
14. What did Charlie spend her day doing while at the beach with her family soon after Grandma Moore's funeral?
(b) Drinking at the bar.
(c) Reading in the shade.
(d) Sleeping in the car.
15. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(a) Smoked salmon.
(b) Boiled shrimp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
2. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
3. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
4. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
5. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)