|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(c) Live Oak.
2. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(b) She could see Lecia's blood.
(c) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(d) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
3. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's teacher.
(b) Mary's bus driver.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's neighbor.
4. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
(c) A haircut.
(d) A car accident.
5. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Five feet tall.
(b) Twenty feet tall.
(c) Ten feet tall.
(d) Fifteen feet tall.
6. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
7. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
8. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
9. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(c) Fire ants.
10. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A stick.
(d) A rock.
11. Which of the following snacks did Mary typically eat while at the Liars' Club meetings?
(a) Apples and peanut butter.
(b) Cheese and crackers.
(c) Celery and raisins.
(d) Pretzels and almonds.
12. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(b) Flasked whiskey.
(c) Tart lemonade.
(d) Black coffee.
13. How much money did Mary believe the Moore family inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
14. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
15. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The emancipation.
(b) The Second World War.
(c) The dust bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
2. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
3. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
4. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
5. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)