|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rock.
(c) A stick.
(d) A gun.
2. During what season of the year did Charlie have her full scale mental breakdown?
3. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
4. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The garage.
(b) The living room.
(c) The den.
(d) The porch.
5. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
6. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
(a) The doctors.
(b) Her father.
(d) The priest.
7. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
8. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
9. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(d) Live Oak.
10. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) Her leg had to be amputated.
(b) Her leg became paralyzed.
(c) There was no effect from the attack.
(d) Her leg was covered in blisters.
11. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
(c) A car accident.
(d) A haircut.
12. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
(a) Poached eggs.
(d) Fried chicken.
13. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(a) Mustard gas.
(b) Liquid Nitrogen.
14. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A flamingo.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A giraffe.
15. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
2. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
3. Which institution did Pete visit each week to pay a portion of his bill, but was never able to pay off completely?
4. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
5. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)