|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
2. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began laughing.
(b) She began vomiting.
(c) She began shaking.
(d) She began sobbing.
3. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(b) Chicken Pox.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
4. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's bus driver.
(b) Mary's neighbor.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's teacher.
5. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
6. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "Mack the Knife".
(b) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(c) "Pirate Jenny".
(d) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
7. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
8. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(b) Tart lemonade.
(c) Black coffee.
(d) Flasked whiskey.
9. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(a) Smoked salmon.
(b) Boiled shrimp.
10. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The dust bowl.
(c) The emancipation.
(d) The Second World War.
11. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
(a) Four times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) One time.
12. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) Her leg was covered in blisters.
(b) There was no effect from the attack.
(c) Her leg became paralyzed.
(d) Her leg had to be amputated.
13. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
(a) Aunt Isabelle.
(b) Aunt Ireland.
(c) Aunt Ingrid.
(d) Aunt Iris.
14. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
15. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could see Lecia's blood.
(b) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(c) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(d) She could feel Lecia's pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
2. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
3. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
4. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
5. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)