|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
(a) A white sheet.
(b) A pair of orange boots.
(c) A red jacket.
(d) A yellow hat.
2. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
3. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
(a) Aunt Iris.
(b) Aunt Ingrid.
(c) Aunt Ireland.
(d) Aunt Isabelle.
4. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(a) A bystander.
5. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
(a) They read passages from The Bible aloud to her.
(b) They bathed her.
(c) They gave her a massage.
(d) They cooked her dinner.
6. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's neighbor.
(b) Mary's teacher.
(c) Mary's bus driver.
(d) Mary's father.
7. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A flamingo.
8. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
9. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
10. What was the name of the restaurant where Pete punched Charlie in the face?
(a) Bridge Cafe.
(b) Mountain Cafe.
(c) Yacht Cafe.
(d) Sun Cafe.
11. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(b) She could see Lecia's blood.
(c) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(d) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
12. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
13. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
(a) Four times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) One time.
14. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
15. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
(a) The priest.
(b) Her father.
(d) The doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
2. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
3. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
4. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
5. Which of the following states was most hard hit during the hurricane?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)