|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
2. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) A record player.
(b) A new house.
(c) A pony.
(d) A sequined dress.
3. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(a) Boiled shrimp.
(b) Smoked salmon.
4. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
(a) Its heart.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its tentacles.
(d) Its skin.
5. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the dining room.
6. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The temperature inside the house.
(b) The food.
(c) The girls' behavior.
(d) The cleanliness of the house.
7. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Flasked whiskey.
(b) Black coffee.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) Tart lemonade.
8. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
9. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) An orangutan.
10. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(b) A goose-down pillow.
(c) A naked mattress.
(d) A pile of dirty sheets.
11. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
12. What did Pete buy for Mary for her tenth birthday?
(a) A bicycle.
(c) Diamod earrings.
(d) A book of crosswords.
13. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) One time.
(d) Four times.
14. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Crisp bacon.
(b) A pot roast.
(c) Burnt salmon.
(d) Overstuffed sausages.
15. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(d) A bystander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
2. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
3. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
4. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
5. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)