|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
2. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The sheriff's arms.
(b) The neighbor's arms.
(c) The gardener's arms.
(d) The postman's arms.
3. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
4. How much money did Mary believe the Moore family inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
5. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
6. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(c) Live Oak.
7. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Crisp bacon.
(b) Overstuffed sausages.
(c) A pot roast.
(d) Burnt salmon.
8. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(a) Aunt Iris.
9. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(b) The emancipation.
(c) The Second World War.
(d) The dust bowl.
10. Which of the following states was most hard hit during the hurricane?
11. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
12. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
13. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began shaking.
(b) She began laughing.
(c) She began sobbing.
(d) She began vomiting.
14. Who cut into Mary's birthday cake before her on her tenth birthday?
(b) The cake was never cut.
15. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's neighbor.
(b) Mary's teacher.
(c) Mary's bus driver.
(d) Mary's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
2. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
3. During her mental breakdown, what was Charlie screaming that she wanted to be?
4. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
5. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)