|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(a) Live Oak.
2. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her arm.
3. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(a) Boiled shrimp.
(c) Smoked salmon.
4. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
5. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The garage.
(b) The den.
(c) The porch.
(d) The living room.
6. Which of the following states was most hard hit during the hurricane?
7. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) She ignored the behavior.
(b) Reward charts.
(c) Verbal attacks.
(d) Daily beatings.
8. With what type of weapon did Charlie threaten to harm her daughters?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rock.
(c) A stick.
(d) A knife.
9. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
10. What color gown did Charlie see Marlene Dietrich wearing when she stepped out of the limousine?
11. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's aunt.
(b) Charlie's sister.
(c) Charlie's mother.
(d) Charlie's grandmother.
12. During what season of the year did Charlie have her full scale mental breakdown?
13. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
(a) Mary's bus driver.
(b) Mary's father.
(c) Mary's teacher.
(d) Mary's neighbor.
14. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
15. How much money did Mary believe the Moore family inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
2. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
3. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
4. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
5. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)