|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(b) Mustard gas.
(c) Liquid Nitrogen.
2. How did the operator of the payphone treat the Karr girls as they were trying to make a collect call?
(a) She was rude to them.
(b) She was kind to them.
(c) She ignored them.
(d) She was confused by them.
3. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
(a) To spend time with his family.
(b) To relax in the sun.
(c) To purchase land.
(d) To figure out if their marriage was healthy.
4. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
(a) The Wind in the Willows.
(b) The Phantom Tollbooth.
(c) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(d) Charlotte's Web.
5. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) Her parents' bedroom.
(c) The laundry room.
(d) Her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
2. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
3. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
4. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
5. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)