|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her palms became sweaty.
(b) Her throat became dry.
(c) Her pulse quickened.
(d) Her stomach tightened.
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A naked mattress.
(b) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(c) A goose-down pillow.
(d) A pile of dirty sheets.
3. With what did Charlie mix the first glass of wine she ever served to Mary?
4. Which of the following objects was NOT present in Mary and Lecia's imagination of the ward where their mother was being kept?
(a) Nurses with needles.
(b) White walls.
(c) Shock therapy.
(d) Straight jackets.
5. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charlie meet the man that she asked to babysit Mary, and who later sexually assaulted her, while she was home sick from school?
2. Who once owned the house the Karr family purchased in Antelope?
3. During her mental breakdown, what was Charlie screaming that she wanted to be?
4. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
5. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)