|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. McBride do for the Karr family while he was employed?
(a) He was the chauffeur.
(b) He was the stable master.
(c) He was the butler.
(d) He was the gardener.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The temperature inside the house.
(b) The girls' behavior.
(c) The food.
(d) The cleanliness of the house.
3. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
4. How did Mary attack Rickey Carter?
(a) She hit him.
(b) She spat on him.
(c) She bit him.
(d) She kicked him.
5. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Fifteen feet tall.
(b) Five feet tall.
(c) Ten feet tall.
(d) Twenty feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
2. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
3. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
4. What did Rickey Carter's brother use to attack Lecia at the playground?
5. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)