|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Five years old.
2. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A cheese grater.
(b) A can opener.
(c) A toaster.
(d) A nutcracker.
3. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her palms became sweaty.
(b) Her throat became dry.
(c) Her stomach tightened.
(d) Her pulse quickened.
4. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Forty-two years.
(b) Twenty-one years.
(c) Nineteen years.
(d) Thirty years.
5. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
(a) He was silent.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was furious.
(d) He was understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
2. Which of the following aspects of Cascade's landscape did NOT fascinate Mary and Lecia upon their arrival in the new city?
3. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
4. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
5. What part of his body did Pete claim his father broke before his death?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)