|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "No Child Left Behind".
(b) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
(c) "Education Is Fun".
(d) "Self-Paced Learning".
2. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the oil refinery.
(b) At the elementary school.
(c) At the local newspaper.
(d) At the limestone quarry.
3. What was the name of Mr. McBride's wife?
4. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
(a) Once every few weeks.
(c) Every Sunday.
5. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A flamingo.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
2. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
3. How did Mary describe the architecture of the new house her mother purchased with the inheritance money?
4. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
5. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)