|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) An orangutan.
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(b) A goose-down pillow.
(c) A pile of dirty sheets.
(d) A naked mattress.
3. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
4. Which of the following objects was NOT present in Mary and Lecia's imagination of the ward where their mother was being kept?
(a) White walls.
(b) Shock therapy.
(c) Straight jackets.
(d) Nurses with needles.
5. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
2. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
3. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
4. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
5. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)