|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
2. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(b) Live Oak.
3. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From the television.
(b) From books.
(c) From movies.
(d) From brochures.
4. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "Pirate Jenny".
(b) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(c) "Mack the Knife".
(d) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
5. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The laundry room.
(c) Her parents' bedroom.
(d) Her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hector and Charlie spend most of their time doing after their marriage?
2. What was the name of Mr. McBride's wife?
3. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
4. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
5. What part of his body did Pete claim his father broke before his death?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)