|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
(a) Its heart.
(b) Its tentacles.
(c) Its teeth.
(d) Its skin.
2. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began laughing.
(b) She began shaking.
(c) She began sobbing.
(d) She began vomiting.
3. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
(a) A white sheet.
(b) A pair of orange boots.
(c) A red jacket.
(d) A yellow hat.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The girls' behavior.
(b) The temperature inside the house.
(c) The cleanliness of the house.
(d) The food.
5. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) She ignored the behavior.
(b) Daily beatings.
(c) Reward charts.
(d) Verbal attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
2. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
3. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
4. Which of the following states was most hard hit during the hurricane?
5. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)