|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
2. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her stomach tightened.
(b) Her pulse quickened.
(c) Her palms became sweaty.
(d) Her throat became dry.
3. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
4. What did Charlie purchase as an "investment" with Hector for their future together?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A bar.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A new house.
5. Which of the following holidays did the Karr girls miss, oblivious to the day of its celebration?
(a) All Saints' Day.
(b) Mother's Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Father's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
2. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
3. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
4. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
5. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)