|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
(a) Shrimp remoulade.
(c) Red beans and rice.
(d) Fried alligator.
2. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
(a) Her father.
(c) The doctors.
(d) The priest.
3. How did the operator of the payphone treat the Karr girls as they were trying to make a collect call?
(a) She was rude to them.
(b) She was kind to them.
(c) She was confused by them.
(d) She ignored them.
4. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) Her parents' bedroom.
(b) The laundry room.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The bathroom.
5. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(d) Live Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
2. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
3. What was the name of Mr. McBride's wife?
4. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
5. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)