|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(b) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(c) She could see Lecia's blood.
(d) She could feel Lecia's pain.
2. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
(a) Its tentacles.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its heart.
(d) Its skin.
3. What part of his body did Pete claim his father broke before his death?
(a) His neck.
(b) His nose.
(c) His knee.
(d) His rib.
4. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) She ignored the behavior.
(b) Daily beatings.
(c) Verbal attacks.
(d) Reward charts.
5. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
2. What food did Mary wake to find Charlie cooking, naked, at the oven in the middle of the night?
3. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
4. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
5. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)