|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
2. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(b) Fire ants.
3. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began vomiting.
(b) She began sobbing.
(c) She began shaking.
(d) She began laughing.
4. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The food.
(b) The temperature inside the house.
(c) The cleanliness of the house.
(d) The girls' behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
2. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
3. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
4. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
5. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)