|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "Pirate Jenny".
(b) "Mack the Knife".
(c) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(d) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
2. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
3. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The Second World War.
(b) The emancipation.
(d) The dust bowl.
4. What prompted the fight between Charlie and Pete on Mary's tenth birthday?
(b) A haircut.
(d) A car accident.
5. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her stomach tightened.
(b) Her palms became sweaty.
(c) Her pulse quickened.
(d) Her throat became dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
2. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
3. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
4. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
5. What part of his body did Pete claim his father broke before his death?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)