|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Forty-two years.
(c) Twenty-one years.
(d) Nineteen years.
2. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) There was no effect from the attack.
(b) Her leg became paralyzed.
(c) Her leg was covered in blisters.
(d) Her leg had to be amputated.
3. What type of alcohol was Pete known to keep in his truck?
4. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her stomach tightened.
(b) Her throat became dry.
(c) Her palms became sweaty.
(d) Her pulse quickened.
5. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The sheriff's arms.
(b) The neighbor's arms.
(c) The postman's arms.
(d) The gardener's arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
2. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
3. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
4. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
5. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)