|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Burnt salmon.
(b) A pot roast.
(c) Overstuffed sausages.
(d) Crisp bacon.
2. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) The laundry room.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) Her parents' bedroom.
(d) The bathroom.
3. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The emancipation.
(b) The dust bowl.
(d) The Second World War.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The temperature inside the house.
(b) The food.
(c) The cleanliness of the house.
(d) The girls' behavior.
5. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(c) Aunt Iris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
2. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
3. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
4. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
5. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)