|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The emancipation.
(b) The Second World War.
(d) The dust bowl.
2. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(c) Fire ants.
3. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
4. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
(b) Sleep deprivation.
5. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
(a) Two locks of hair.
(b) A diary.
(c) A box of baby clothes.
(d) A photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
2. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
3. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
4. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
5. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)