|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(b) Live Oak.
2. What room did the Liars' Club transform into a spare bedroom when Grandma Moore comes to stay with the Karr family?
(a) The den.
(b) The living room.
(c) The garage.
(d) The porch.
3. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(a) Aunt Iris.
4. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) Her parents' bedroom.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The laundry room.
(d) The bathroom.
5. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(b) So Mary can see the realities of life.
(c) To cheer Grandma up.
(d) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
2. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
3. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
4. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
5. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)