|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the elementary school.
(b) At the limestone quarry.
(c) At the local newspaper.
(d) At the oil refinery.
2. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(a) Smoked salmon.
(c) Boiled shrimp.
3. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Poker Club.
(b) The Golden Stallion Club.
(c) The Liars' Club.
(d) The Money Gate Club.
4. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
5. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) To cheer Grandma up.
(b) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
(c) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(d) So Mary can see the realities of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
2. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
3. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
4. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
5. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)