|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's aunt.
(b) Charlie's mother.
(c) Charlie's grandmother.
(d) Charlie's sister.
2. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Twenty-one years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) Forty-two years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A tiger.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A giraffe.
4. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) She ignored the behavior.
(b) Daily beatings.
(c) Verbal attacks.
(d) Reward charts.
5. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Black coffee.
(b) Gin and tonic.
(c) Tart lemonade.
(d) Flasked whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
2. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
3. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
4. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
5. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)