|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
2. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) The laundry room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) Her parents' bedroom.
(d) Her bedroom.
3. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her nose.
4. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the oil refinery.
(b) At the local newspaper.
(c) At the elementary school.
(d) At the limestone quarry.
5. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(c) Liquid Nitrogen.
(d) Mustard gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
2. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
3. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
4. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
5. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)