|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the baseball field.
(b) At the shopping mall.
(c) At the gas station.
(d) At the morgue.
2. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
3. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) Daily beatings.
(b) Verbal attacks.
(c) She ignored the behavior.
(d) Reward charts.
4. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The sheriff's arms.
(b) The postman's arms.
(c) The neighbor's arms.
(d) The gardener's arms.
5. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "Pirate Jenny".
(b) "Mack the Knife".
(c) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(d) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
3. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
4. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
5. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)