|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(a) Liquid Nitrogen.
(d) Mustard gas.
2. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The dust bowl.
(b) The Second World War.
(d) The emancipation.
3. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) Reward charts.
(b) Daily beatings.
(c) Verbal attacks.
(d) She ignored the behavior.
4. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
5. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Five years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
2. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
3. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
4. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
5. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)