|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
(b) Sleep deprivation.
2. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The gardener's arms.
(b) The sheriff's arms.
(c) The neighbor's arms.
(d) The postman's arms.
3. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
4. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) The laundry room.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) Her parents' bedroom.
5. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(a) Liquid Nitrogen.
(c) Mustard gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
2. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
3. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
4. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
5. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)