|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her stomach tightened.
(b) Her pulse quickened.
(c) Her palms became sweaty.
(d) Her throat became dry.
2. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's mother.
(b) Charlie's grandmother.
(c) Charlie's aunt.
(d) Charlie's sister.
3. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
4. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Liars' Club.
(b) The Poker Club.
(c) The Money Gate Club.
(d) The Golden Stallion Club.
5. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(b) A goose-down pillow.
(c) A pile of dirty sheets.
(d) A naked mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
2. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
3. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
4. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
5. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)