|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
2. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A tiger.
3. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(b) Live Oak.
4. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) Verbal attacks.
(b) Daily beatings.
(c) Reward charts.
(d) She ignored the behavior.
5. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The emancipation.
(b) The dust bowl.
(d) The Second World War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
2. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
3. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
4. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
5. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)