|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
2. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
(b) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(c) "Mack the Knife".
(d) "Pirate Jenny".
3. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(d) Fire ants.
4. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A naked mattress.
(b) A goose-down pillow.
(c) Bloody linoleum flooring.
(d) A pile of dirty sheets.
5. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) To cheer Grandma up.
(b) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
(c) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(d) So Mary can see the realities of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
2. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
3. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
4. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
5. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)