|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
2. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The neighbor's arms.
(b) The postman's arms.
(c) The gardener's arms.
(d) The sheriff's arms.
3. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the local newspaper.
(b) At the oil refinery.
(c) At the limestone quarry.
(d) At the elementary school.
4. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
5. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) An orangutan.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) A giraffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
2. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
3. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
4. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
5. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)