|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
2. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) Her parents' bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The laundry room.
3. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the living room.
4. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
5. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
3. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
4. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
5. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)