|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The neighbor's arms.
(b) The sheriff's arms.
(c) The gardener's arms.
(d) The postman's arms.
2. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the bedroom.
3. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Black coffee.
(b) Gin and tonic.
(c) Flasked whiskey.
(d) Tart lemonade.
4. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
(a) A white sheet.
(b) A red jacket.
(c) A yellow hat.
(d) A pair of orange boots.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The girls' behavior.
(b) The food.
(c) The cleanliness of the house.
(d) The temperature inside the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
2. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
3. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
4. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
5. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)