|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Poker Club.
(b) The Liars' Club.
(c) The Money Gate Club.
(d) The Golden Stallion Club.
2. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(a) Live Oak.
3. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The neighbor's arms.
(b) The gardener's arms.
(c) The sheriff's arms.
(d) The postman's arms.
4. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Shaving his beard.
(c) Cooking his breakfast.
(d) Ironing his shirts.
5. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Overstuffed sausages.
(b) Burnt salmon.
(c) Crisp bacon.
(d) A pot roast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
2. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
3. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
4. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
5. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)