|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
2. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The gardener's arms.
(b) The sheriff's arms.
(c) The postman's arms.
(d) The neighbor's arms.
3. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
(d) Sleep deprivation.
4. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
5. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
(b) To cheer Grandma up.
(c) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(d) So Mary can see the realities of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
2. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
3. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
4. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
5. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)