|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Golden Stallion Club.
(b) The Poker Club.
(c) The Money Gate Club.
(d) The Liars' Club.
2. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
3. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Cooking his breakfast.
(b) Shaving his beard.
(c) Ironing his shirts.
(d) Chopping wood.
4. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) To cheer Grandma up.
(b) So Mary can see the realities of life.
(c) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
(d) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
5. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(a) Mustard gas.
(c) Liquid Nitrogen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
2. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
3. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
4. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
5. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)