|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the limestone quarry.
(b) At the local newspaper.
(c) At the elementary school.
(d) At the oil refinery.
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A goose-down pillow.
(b) A pile of dirty sheets.
(c) A naked mattress.
(d) Bloody linoleum flooring.
3. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
4. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
5. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
(d) One time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
2. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
3. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
4. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
5. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)