|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
(b) Live Oak.
2. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
(b) Fire ants.
3. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(a) Smoked salmon.
(d) Boiled shrimp.
4. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
5. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) An orangutan.
(b) A flamingo.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A giraffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
2. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
3. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
4. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
5. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)