|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
2. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Flasked whiskey.
(b) Gin and tonic.
(c) Black coffee.
(d) Tart lemonade.
3. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's grandmother.
(b) Charlie's aunt.
(c) Charlie's mother.
(d) Charlie's sister.
4. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
(a) A pair of orange boots.
(b) A white sheet.
(c) A red jacket.
(d) A yellow hat.
5. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(b) Smoked salmon.
(d) Boiled shrimp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
2. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
3. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
4. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
5. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)