|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
(a) The Liars' Club.
(b) The Golden Stallion Club.
(c) The Money Gate Club.
(d) The Poker Club.
2. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
3. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
(d) Sleep deprivation.
4. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A flamingo.
5. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
(a) The laundry room.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) Her parents' bedroom.
(d) The bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
2. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
3. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
4. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
5. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)