|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something Charlie burned in a bonfire during her mental breakdown?
2. When Mary arrived back home after running to the neighbor's for help, what were Hector and Lecia doing together?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Cooking dinner.
3. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A flamingo.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An orangutan.
4. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The dust bowl.
(b) The emancipation.
(d) The Second World War.
5. Which of the following food items did Hector regularly eat raw, which sickened Charlie?
(b) Chicken breasts.
(c) Hamburger patties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
2. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
3. What instrument did Hector like to listen to Lecia play?
4. What did Mary ask for for dinner on her tenth birthday?
5. What did Mary finally purchase for Pete with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)