|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousin.
2. At the Liars' Club meetings, how did Pete say his father died, which was a lie?
3. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Black coffee.
(b) Flasked whiskey.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) Tart lemonade.
4. What was the philosophy of the school Mary attended in Antelope?
(a) "No Child Left Behind".
(b) "Self-Paced Learning".
(c) "Education Is Fun".
(d) "Children Should Be Seen, Not Heard".
5. Which book was Mary reminded of when she looked out over the landscape of her new home in Antelope?
(a) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) Wuthering Heights.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
2. Why was Mary anxious to get to the hotel on their way to the World's Fair?
3. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
4. What did Mr. McBride do for the Karr family while he was employed?
5. During the school day, where did the students at Mary's school in Antelope sit, which always astounded her?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)