|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) There was no effect from the attack.
(b) Her leg had to be amputated.
(c) Her leg was covered in blisters.
(d) Her leg became paralyzed.
2. What type of music signaled Charlie's worst type of mood to the girls?
3. What did the girls in Mary's classroom typically do during their recess from school?
(c) All of the above.
4. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Chicken Pox.
5. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Shaving his beard.
(b) Ironing his shirts.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Cooking his breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
2. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
3. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
4. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
5. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)