|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following family members was the only family member to stay dry-eyed during the divorce news that rocked the Karr family?
2. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Overstuffed sausages.
(b) A pot roast.
(c) Crisp bacon.
(d) Burnt salmon.
3. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
4. What was the name of the bar Charlie owned?
(a) The Cattleman.
(b) The Bucking Bronco.
(c) The Andalusian.
(d) The Longhorn.
5. Why did Charlie bring Mary to the hospital the day after Grandma Moore's surgery?
(a) So Mary can see the realities of life.
(b) Because she couldn't find a babysitter.
(c) Because Grandma requested to see the girl.
(d) To cheer Grandma up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reading levels did Mary progress during her first week in the Antelope school?
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
3. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
4. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
5. What type of alcohol was Pete known to keep in his truck?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)