|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Shaving his beard.
(b) Ironing his shirts.
(c) Cooking his breakfast.
(d) Chopping wood.
2. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was understanding.
(c) He was silent.
(d) He was furious.
3. During the school day, where did the students at Mary's school in Antelope sit, which always astounded her?
(a) Outside, on the grass.
(b) Wherever they felt like it.
(c) At their desks.
(d) On the floor.
4. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(d) Aunt Iris.
5. What did Rickey Carter's brother use to attack Lecia at the playground?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) His bookbag.
(c) His fists.
(d) A track and field trophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
2. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
3. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
4. Which of the following adjectives did Hector use to describe Lecia on the night Charlie threatened to shoot him?
5. What did Charlie spend her day doing while at the beach with her family soon after Grandma Moore's funeral?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)