|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
(a) Red beans and rice.
(c) Shrimp remoulade.
(d) Fried alligator.
2. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
3. What beverage did Charlie spend the day drinking at the Houston Zoo?
(a) Flasked whiskey.
(b) Tart lemonade.
(c) Black coffee.
(d) Gin and tonic.
4. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Seven years old.
5. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
Short Answer Questions
1. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
2. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
3. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
4. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
5. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)