|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A goose-down pillow.
(b) A naked mattress.
(c) A pile of dirty sheets.
(d) Bloody linoleum flooring.
2. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(d) Aunt Iris.
3. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
4. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the limestone quarry.
(b) At the local newspaper.
(c) At the elementary school.
(d) At the oil refinery.
5. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(b) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(c) She could see Lecia's blood.
(d) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
2. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
3. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
4. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
5. Which part of Grandma Moore's body had to be amputated after turning gangrenous?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)