|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Ten feet tall.
(b) Fifteen feet tall.
(c) Twenty feet tall.
(d) Five feet tall.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The food.
(b) The temperature inside the house.
(c) The cleanliness of the house.
(d) The girls' behavior.
3. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Ironing his shirts.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Cooking his breakfast.
(d) Shaving his beard.
4. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
5. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
2. What condition was Mary's mother diagnosed with when Mary was a child?
3. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
4. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
5. How many times had Charlie been married before meeting Pete?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)