|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
2. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the shopping mall.
(b) At the gas station.
(c) At the baseball field.
(d) At the morgue.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The cleanliness of the house.
(b) The temperature inside the house.
(c) The girls' behavior.
(d) The food.
4. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
5. Which of the following animals did NOT flood into the street after the hurricane?
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
2. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
3. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
4. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
5. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)