|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
2. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Seven years old.
3. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
(a) He ran around the house, doting on Grandma Moore.
(b) He ignored Grandma completely.
(c) He welcomed Grandma Moore with open arms.
(d) He stayed away from home.
4. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The neighbor's arms.
(b) The gardener's arms.
(c) The postman's arms.
(d) The sheriff's arms.
5. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty-one years.
(d) Forty-two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
2. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
3. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
4. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
5. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)