|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the limestone quarry.
(b) At the oil refinery.
(c) At the local newspaper.
(d) At the elementary school.
2. On what was Mary lying at the opening of the memoir?
(a) A goose-down pillow.
(b) A naked mattress.
(c) A pile of dirty sheets.
(d) Bloody linoleum flooring.
3. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(d) A bystander.
4. What did Charlie spend her day doing while at the beach with her family soon after Grandma Moore's funeral?
(a) Drinking at the bar.
(b) Sleeping in the car.
(d) Reading in the shade.
5. What is the name of Mary's older sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
2. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
3. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
4. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
5. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)