|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
(a) Two locks of hair.
(b) A box of baby clothes.
(c) A diary.
(d) A photograph.
2. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the baseball field.
(b) At the gas station.
(c) At the shopping mall.
(d) At the morgue.
3. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
(a) They gave her a massage.
(b) They bathed her.
(c) They read passages from The Bible aloud to her.
(d) They cooked her dinner.
4. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Forty-two years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
5. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(b) She could see Lecia's blood.
(c) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(d) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
2. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
3. Who was Mr. Thibideaux?
4. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
5. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)