|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Twenty-one years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Forty-two years.
2. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) She ignored the behavior.
(b) Verbal attacks.
(c) Reward charts.
(d) Daily beatings.
3. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(c) Chicken Pox.
4. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
5. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could see Lecia's blood.
(b) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(c) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(d) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
2. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
3. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
4. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
5. At the opening of the novel, in what room of the house was Mary lying when the doctor arrived?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)