|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Crisp bacon.
(b) A pot roast.
(c) Burnt salmon.
(d) Overstuffed sausages.
2. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
(a) They gave her a massage.
(b) They bathed her.
(c) They read passages from The Bible aloud to her.
(d) They cooked her dinner.
3. At which aunt's house did Grandma Moore die?
(a) Aunt Iris.
(b) Aunt Ingrid.
(c) Aunt Isabelle.
(d) Aunt Ireland.
4. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
(a) Her leg was covered in blisters.
(b) Her leg became paralyzed.
(c) Her leg had to be amputated.
(d) There was no effect from the attack.
5. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(b) Chicken Pox.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the paint that Mary smeared over her face and mouth while her mother was out of the painting studio?
2. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
3. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
4. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
5. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)