|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
2. To which meat product did Mary compare Grandma Moore's disfigured body?
(a) Burnt salmon.
(b) Crisp bacon.
(c) Overstuffed sausages.
(d) A pot roast.
3. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
(a) At the local newspaper.
(b) At the elementary school.
(c) At the limestone quarry.
(d) At the oil refinery.
4. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Shaving his beard.
(c) Cooking his breakfast.
(d) Ironing his shirts.
5. What did Charlie spend her day doing while at the beach with her family soon after Grandma Moore's funeral?
(a) Reading in the shade.
(b) Drinking at the bar.
(c) Sleeping in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
2. How old is Mary at the opening of the memoir?
3. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
4. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
5. How old was Mary the first time she was sexually assaulted by the neighbor boy?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)