|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
(a) Red beans and rice.
(c) Fried alligator.
(d) Shrimp remoulade.
2. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
(a) A diary.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A box of baby clothes.
(d) Two locks of hair.
3. In whose arms did Mary's older sister pretend to sleep while the doctor was checking her out at the opening of the memoir?
(a) The postman's arms.
(b) The neighbor's arms.
(c) The sheriff's arms.
(d) The gardener's arms.
4. How did Lecia react when she heard the news that Grandma Moore had passed away?
(a) She began shaking.
(b) She began sobbing.
(c) She began vomiting.
(d) She began laughing.
5. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her pulse quickened.
(b) Her throat became dry.
(c) Her stomach tightened.
(d) Her palms became sweaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year were the construction projects in the Karr family home complete, allowing for Grandma Moore to finally move in?
2. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
3. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
4. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
5. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)