|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(b) "Pirate Jenny".
(c) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
(d) "Mack the Knife".
2. To which caged animal did Mary compare her mother while visiting the Houston zoo?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A flamingo.
3. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(b) She could see Lecia's blood.
(c) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(d) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
4. What type of medicine did the doctors pump into Grandma Moore's body with the hopes of slowing down the spreading of Grandma's cancer?
(a) Liquid Nitrogen.
(b) Mustard gas.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Grandma Moore regularly complained about when she was living with the Karr family?
(a) The girls' behavior.
(b) The food.
(c) The temperature inside the house.
(d) The cleanliness of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
2. What was the name of the club where Mary was allowed to attend meetings with her father?
3. Where did Mary's father work when she was a child?
4. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
5. What was the name of the town where Charlie and Pete first met?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)