|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The dust bowl.
(b) The Second World War.
(d) The emancipation.
2. Where did Pete work at the time when he first met Charlie?
(a) At the morgue.
(b) At the shopping mall.
(c) At the gas station.
(d) At the baseball field.
3. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
(b) Aunt Iris.
4. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
(a) They bathed her.
(b) They cooked her dinner.
(c) They read passages from The Bible aloud to her.
(d) They gave her a massage.
5. Which lunch does Mary remember most loving as a child, remembering how the construction worker men ate the meal with reverence?
(c) Boiled shrimp.
(d) Smoked salmon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
2. What name did Grandma Moore call Lecia in her drug-induced slumber at the hospital?
3. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
4. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
5. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)