|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Twenty feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Five feet tall.
(d) Fifteen feet tall.
2. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The Second World War.
(c) The dust bowl.
(d) The emancipation.
3. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
4. In what state did Charlie randomly decide to purchase a house while traveling to the World's Fair?
(c) New Mexico.
5. How did Mary describe the architecture of the new house her mother purchased with the inheritance money?
(c) "Art Deco".
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
2. Which institution did Pete visit each week to pay a portion of his bill, but was never able to pay off completely?
3. What insect attacked Charlie's car as she was driving to her mother's home in West Texas?
4. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
5. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)