|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which institution did Pete visit each week to pay a portion of his bill, but was never able to pay off completely?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The school.
(c) The pharmacy.
(d) The doctor.
2. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
3. Which of the following aspects of Cascade's landscape did NOT fascinate Mary and Lecia upon their arrival in the new city?
(a) Fields of wildflowers.
(b) Caves full of bats.
(c) Abandoned mines.
(d) Cold mountain streams.
4. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could see Lecia's blood.
(b) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(c) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(d) She could feel Lecia's pain.
5. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The emancipation.
(c) The Second World War.
(d) The dust bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was streaked all over the mirrors and windows in the house on the day Charlie went missing?
2. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
3. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
4. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
5. What was the name of Charlie's cousin, who Grandma Moore thought had made all the right decisions in her life?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)