|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Twenty-one years.
(c) Forty-two years.
(d) Thirty years.
2. How did Mary describe the architecture of the new house her mother purchased with the inheritance money?
(a) "Art Deco".
3. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) From a letter.
(b) From her parent's diary.
(c) From a visitor at the door.
(d) From a phone call.
4. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
(a) Fried alligator.
(c) Shrimp remoulade.
(d) Red beans and rice.
5. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her palms became sweaty.
(b) Her throat became dry.
(c) Her stomach tightened.
(d) Her pulse quickened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
2. Which institution did Pete visit each week to pay a portion of his bill, but was never able to pay off completely?
3. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
4. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
5. To which city did the Karr family travel to see the World's Fair?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)