|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) From a phone call.
(b) From her parent's diary.
(c) From a letter.
(d) From a visitor at the door.
2. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Ironing his shirts.
(c) Cooking his breakfast.
(d) Shaving his beard.
3. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The dust bowl.
(c) The emancipation.
(d) The Second World War.
4. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
5. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
(a) Five feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Fifteen feet tall.
(d) Twenty feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
2. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
3. Which of the following states was most hard hit during the hurricane?
4. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
5. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)