|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her mental breakdown, what was Charlie screaming that she wanted to be?
(a) A good housewife.
(b) A good painter.
(c) A good mother.
(d) A good Christian.
2. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) Reward charts.
(b) Verbal attacks.
(c) Daily beatings.
(d) She ignored the behavior.
3. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
(a) A box of baby clothes.
(b) A photograph.
(c) Two locks of hair.
(d) A diary.
4. How did Mary know that Lecia had been attacked by a jellyfish even though her sister was still in the water?
(a) She could smell Lecia's skin burning.
(b) She could feel Lecia's pain.
(c) She could hear Lecia's screaming.
(d) She could see Lecia's blood.
5. During what major event in American history was Charlie Moore born?
(a) The emancipation.
(c) The Second World War.
(d) The dust bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which city did the Karr family travel to see the World's Fair?
2. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
3. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
4. Whom did Charlie call on the phone after threatening to harm her daughters?
5. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)