|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following family members was the only family member to stay dry-eyed during the divorce news that rocked the Karr family?
2. How did Mary hear the news that her family had inherited money from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) From her parent's diary.
(b) From a phone call.
(c) From a visitor at the door.
(d) From a letter.
3. Who jumped into the water and wrestled Lecia back to shore, despite the jellyfish wrapped around her leg?
(b) A bystander.
4. What distinct article of clothing was Charlie wearing in her death photograph?
(a) A pair of orange boots.
(b) A white sheet.
(c) A red jacket.
(d) A yellow hat.
5. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
2. What act of service did Pete and the girls perform for Charlie when she returned to Leechfield after the funeral?
3. In what city did Grandma Moore live during Mary's childhood?
4. To which city did the Karr family travel to see the World's Fair?
5. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)