|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following states was most hard hit during the hurricane?
2. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
(a) Charlie's sister.
(b) Charlie's aunt.
(c) Charlie's mother.
(d) Charlie's grandmother.
3. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What was the name of the bartender at the bar where Charlie spent most of her time upon moving to Cascade?
5. In what state did Charlie randomly decide to purchase a house while traveling to the World's Fair?
(d) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the house did the Karr family eat their dinner until Grandma Moore came to stay with them?
2. How much money did Mary believe the Moore family inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
3. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
4. What food did Mary wake to find Charlie cooking, naked, at the oven in the middle of the night?
5. To which city did the Karr family travel to see the World's Fair?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)