|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
2. What war was Robert returning home from when he decided to commit suicide?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Vietnam War.
3. What type of plant did Grandma Moore grow on her farm in West Texas?
4. What did Pete tell the girls was the most dangerous part of a man-of-war jellyfish?
(a) Its tentacles.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its heart.
(d) Its skin.
5. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
2. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
3. Which of the following Karr family members was struck with insomnia after Grandma Moore's death?
4. To which city did the Karr family travel to see the World's Fair?
5. In what country did Charlie vacation for four weeks after announcing her divorce from Pete?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)