|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Mary want to purchase with the money she inherited from Grandma Moore's estate?
(a) A new house.
(b) A record player.
(c) A sequined dress.
(d) A pony.
2. What was the only bill Pete managed to pay on time each month during the time his family was in the deepest financial strain?
3. What was Pete doing at the time his wife and children finally returned home from West Texas?
(a) Ironing his shirts.
(b) Shaving his beard.
(c) Cooking his breakfast.
(d) Chopping wood.
4. What illness was Charlie diagnosed to die from at the age of two?
(b) Chicken Pox.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
5. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
(a) Fried alligator.
(c) Shrimp remoulade.
(d) Red beans and rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took a death photograph of Charlie, thinking she wouldn't make it through the night?
2. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
3. How tall was the wave of water Pete saw flooding in from the hurricane?
4. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
5. What was the effect of the jellyfish attack on Lecia's leg?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)