|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
2. What did Grandma Moore show Mary as proof that Tex and Belinda were real people?
(a) A box of baby clothes.
(b) A photograph.
(c) Two locks of hair.
(d) A diary.
3. How did Mary attack Rickey Carter?
(a) She kicked him.
(b) She hit him.
(c) She bit him.
(d) She spat on him.
4. After hearing about Tex and Belinda, how long did Mary spend burying the memory of these children?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Forty-two years.
(c) Twenty-one years.
(d) Thirty years.
5. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) Reward charts.
(b) Verbal attacks.
(c) Daily beatings.
(d) She ignored the behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Charlie mix the first glass of wine she ever served to Mary?
2. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
3. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
4. Which of the following objects was NOT present in Mary and Lecia's imagination of the ward where their mother was being kept?
5. Who did Mary plan to shoot with her BB gun when she sits in a tree outside the schoolyard?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)