|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
2. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
(a) Into music.
(b) Into home chores.
(c) Into school.
(d) Into friendships.
3. Which of the following objects was NOT present in Mary and Lecia's imagination of the ward where their mother was being kept?
(a) White walls.
(b) Nurses with needles.
(c) Shock therapy.
(d) Straight jackets.
4. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
(a) He was understanding.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was silent.
(d) He was furious.
5. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
2. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
3. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
4. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
5. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)