|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
(a) Rickey's father.
(b) Rickey's brother.
(c) Rickey Carter.
(d) Rickey's mother.
2. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From brochures.
(b) From books.
(c) From the television.
(d) From movies.
3. What type of animal did Mary associate with the smell in Grandma Moore's bedroom while she was staying with the Karr family?
4. What part of her mother's body did Mary dream about her father cleaving off after the family visited Charlie at the psychiatric ward?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her ears.
5. What part of Hector's life did Charlie find the most irritation with during their marriage?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His unemployment.
(c) His temper.
(d) His physical appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
2. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
3. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
4. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
5. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)