|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Mary's family encouraged her to begin defending herself on the playground?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
2. What part of Hector's life did Charlie find the most irritation with during their marriage?
(a) His temper.
(b) His physical appearance.
(c) His alcoholism.
(d) His unemployment.
3. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
(a) Into music.
(b) Into home chores.
(c) Into school.
(d) Into friendships.
4. How did Mary attack Rickey Carter?
(a) She hit him.
(b) She bit him.
(c) She kicked him.
(d) She spat on him.
5. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
(a) "The Policeman and the BIshop".
(b) "Mack the Knife".
(c) "Pirate Jenny".
(d) "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first member of the family to see Grandma Moore's dead body?
2. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
3. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
4. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
5. What did Mary claim her first drink of wine tasted like?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)