|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mary attack Rickey Carter?
(a) She spat on him.
(b) She kicked him.
(c) She bit him.
(d) She hit him.
2. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
(a) Once every few weeks.
(b) Every Sunday.
3. What part of her mother's body did Mary dream about her father cleaving off after the family visited Charlie at the psychiatric ward?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her head.
4. Who did Mary plan to shoot with her BB gun when she sits in a tree outside the schoolyard?
(a) Rickey Carter.
(b) Rickey's father.
(c) Rickey's brother.
(d) Rickey's mother.
5. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her throat became dry.
(b) Her pulse quickened.
(c) Her palms became sweaty.
(d) Her stomach tightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Hector's life did Charlie find the most irritation with during their marriage?
2. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
3. How did Pete react when Mary blurted out that she didn't want her mother to come home from the psychiatric ward?
4. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
5. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)