|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage did Grandma Moore drink to dull her cancerous pain?
2. What physical reaction did Mary have when her grandmother was around that was her first feeling of "nervousness"?
(a) Her pulse quickened.
(b) Her stomach tightened.
(c) Her throat became dry.
(d) Her palms became sweaty.
3. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
(a) She ignored the behavior.
(b) Verbal attacks.
(c) Daily beatings.
(d) Reward charts.
4. Which of the following Karr family members refused to evacuate the home when a hurricane rolled through?
5. How did Pete react to having his mother-in-law move in with the family?
(a) He stayed away from home.
(b) He ran around the house, doting on Grandma Moore.
(c) He welcomed Grandma Moore with open arms.
(d) He ignored Grandma completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Charlie sing under her breath while driving erratically through the rain-whipped streets during the hurricane?
2. What did Mary claim her first drink of wine tasted like?
3. What part of her mother's body did Mary dream about her father cleaving off after the family visited Charlie at the psychiatric ward?
4. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
5. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)