|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intentions did Charlie have during her frequent trips to Mexico with Hector?
(a) To relax in the sun.
(b) To spend time with his family.
(c) To figure out if their marriage was healthy.
(d) To purchase land.
2. What book was Mary reading on the terrible day when she stayed home from school and was sexually assaulted?
(a) Charlotte's Web.
(b) The Wind in the Willows.
(c) The Phantom Tollbooth.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
3. How did Mary attack Rickey Carter?
(a) She hit him.
(b) She kicked him.
(c) She spat on him.
(d) She bit him.
4. Which of the following objects was NOT present in Mary and Lecia's imagination of the ward where their mother was being kept?
(a) White walls.
(b) Shock therapy.
(c) Nurses with needles.
(d) Straight jackets.
5. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
(a) Scientific theory books.
(b) Hedonistic religion books.
(c) Existential philosophy books.
(d) True-life crime books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method did Grandma Moore employ to ensure that Mary and Lecia exhibited "proper behavior"?
2. What did Alecia use to bludgeon her husband with during a fight while Mary cowered in the bedroom?
3. What meal did Grandma Moore insist on eating rather than eating Pete's roadside gumbo?
4. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
5. What common animal did Pete catch around the house and use to make gumbo for his family?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)