|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters LIII, LIV, LV, LVI, and LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that hope is the cause of fear?
2. What virtue does Seneca say does not perish or disappoint?
3. In Letter XII, what does Seneca notice about one of his properties?
(a) It has burned down.
(b) It is delapidated.
(c) It is not rented.
(d) The tenants changed it without permission.
4. What has earned Seneca fame and respect among the citizens of Rome?
(a) His inherited wealth.
(b) The sexually explicit plays he wrote.
(c) His role as emperor.
(d) Years of public service.
5. What purpose does fasting serve, according to Seneca?
(a) To ward off gluttony.
(b) To prove a point to the public.
(c) To be able to drink more.
(d) To shed some excess pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ailments does Seneca say are not as obvious as they worsen?
2. What holiday is celebrated at the time Letter XVII is written?
3. Which city does Seneca say is so filled with wicked people that it could be a threat to even a wise man's soul?
4. According to Seneca as he comforts Lucilius, what is the death of a friend a reminder to do?
5. What is an oxymoron?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)