|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XXXIII, XXXVIII, XL, XLI, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seneca say happens to life when one focuses too much on trivial and fleeting activities?
(a) It becomes meaningless and not worth living.
(b) It ends earlier.
(c) It is fulfilled with recreation.
(d) It causes much sickness.
2. What is the specific distraction Seneca discusses in Letter XL?
(a) Company with the opposite sex.
(b) Talking too fast or too slow.
(c) Alcohol and food.
(d) Long hair.
3. According to Seneca in Letter XXXIII, what does Stoic writing generally lack?
(a) Grammatical errors.
(c) Quotable quotes.
(d) Use of Latin.
4. In Letter XII, what does Seneca's property remind him?
(a) That he needs to find new tenants.
(b) To rebuild closer to water.
(c) To be clearer in his next lease.
(d) That he is aging.
5. According to Seneca, if one begins taking lessons other than philosophy, what happens?
(a) His life will be governed by that subject rather than philosophy.
(b) He becomes a well-rounded man.
(c) He diversifies his talents.
(d) He becomes known as a Renaissance Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seneca states that a virtuous man is not concerned with the loss of a friend because:
2. What has earned Seneca fame and respect among the citizens of Rome?
3. While looking for witty entertainment, what does Seneca stumble upon?
4. What is an example of unrehearsed communication?
5. How did Seneca's ancestors treat their slaves?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)