|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XXXIII, XXXVIII, XL, XLI, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucilius ask Seneca to include in his letters?
(a) An autograph.
(b) Stoic aphorisms.
(c) A poem to read to his friend.
(d) Investment information.
2. What, according to Seneca, generally presents more opportunity to be tempted away from virtuous living?
(c) Mass crowds.
(d) Public hangings.
3. Who is chastised in Letter III for not discussing his personal matters?
4. While looking for witty entertainment, what does Seneca stumble upon?
(a) A musical production.
(b) A comedian telling jokes.
(c) A poetry reading.
(d) A gladiator battle.
5. What does Seneca recommend avoiding in Letter VII?
(b) Religious zealots.
(c) People without shoes.
(d) The masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Seneca say a wise man should act toward the festival celebrated in Letter XVII?
2. According to Seneca in Letter XXXIII, what does Stoic writing generally lack?
3. What topic does Seneca discuss in Letter XL?
4. According to Seneca, what does an inordinate attachment to wealth or public opinion make a man?
5. What is the characteristic of Lucilius' friend that Seneca does not hold against him?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)