|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XXXIII, XXXVIII, XL, XLI, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that excessive anger is a threat to one's sanity?
2. Who suggests the correspondence between Seneca and his student should increase?
(d) Marcus Aurelius.
3. Who says that hope is the cause of fear?
4. According to Seneca, what must one seek between extremes in all matters?
5. What is the specific distraction Seneca discusses in Letter XL?
(a) Alcohol and food.
(b) Company with the opposite sex.
(c) Long hair.
(d) Talking too fast or too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Seneca, if one begins taking lessons other than philosophy, what happens?
2. What topic does Seneca discuss in Letter XL?
3. According to Seneca, what is man's only pride?
4. Who finances the celebration that is held at the time Letter XVII is written?
5. Who is praised for his virtue and dedication to studies in Letter II?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)