|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XXXIII, XXXVIII, XL, XLI, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter XVI, what kind of life is said to have no direction?
(d) Hard working.
2. Who is praised for his virtue and dedication to studies in Letter II?
3. What is it that Seneca says no human being merits?
(a) A beating.
(c) Mental torture.
4. How does Seneca say all people -- young and old alike -- should live each day?
(b) As if it is their first.
(c) As if it is their last.
(d) Without much physical activity or worry.
5. How does Seneca say a wise man should act toward the festival celebrated in Letter XVII?
(a) Should avoid excess, but participate.
(b) Should enjoy all to its fullest.
(c) Should avoid it all together, stay away.
(d) Should abstain from drinking, but over eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Seneca, if one begins taking lessons other than philosophy, what happens?
2. According to Seneca, who doesn't care if he is rich or poor?
3. According to Seneca, what does an inordinate attachment to wealth or public opinion make a man?
4. What has earned Seneca fame and respect among the citizens of Rome?
5. Who finances the celebration that is held at the time Letter XVII is written?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)