|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XC and XCI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to either not last very long or to at least have periods of subsidence?
(a) Studies of other philosophies.
(d) Severe pains.
2. According to Seneca, where are the sharpest pains?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the eye/temple area because they are close to the brain.
(c) In the nose.
(d) In the smallest area of the body.
3. How can a person be prepared for any tragedy that might happen?
(a) Imagine all the situations, then you won't be surprised.
(b) Don't serve wine at any event.
(c) Calm events = calm people.
(d) Plan every last detail so you have a firm schedule.
4. What does Seneca admit that he cares less about as he ages?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His financial affairs.
(c) His friends.
(d) His hair.
5. Who says there are four causes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Posidinus credit for the invention for various technological innovations?
2. According to Seneca, what often brings the most unusual tragedies?
3. According to Letter XLI, where is the soul from?
4. What is the specific distraction Seneca discusses in Letter XL?
5. According to Seneca, what destroyed man's harmonic relationship with nature?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)