|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XC and XCI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase best sums up Letter XCI?
(a) The early bird catches the worm.
(b) Never look back.
(c) Expect the unexpected.
(d) If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
2. Which of Seneca's friends grieved the burning of the town discussed in Letter XCI?
3. According to Seneca, what is the fruit of man's own efforts?
(b) Peace between nations.
4. What topic does Seneca discuss in Letter XL?
5. How much duty does Seneca say one must must fulfill before his life ends?
(a) 25 years worth.
(b) At least one good deed per day.
(c) No set amount.
(d) Whatever the tax collector chooses to bill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What teaches men how to live well, according to Seneca?
2. What is an example of unrehearsed communication?
3. How does one perfect his own soul, according to Seneca?
4. Why does Seneca say he decided not to commit suicide?
5. According to Letter XL, what clue do people give as to whether they are organized or disorganized?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)