|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gloria when she is mugged in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) 127th Street.
(c) Park Avenue and 23rd.
(d) Broadway and 42nd.
2. Where did Adelita first see Corrigan?
(a) At a diner.
(b) At a nursing home.
(c) At Catholic Mass.
(d) At a funeral.
3. In what borough of New York does Adelita live?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
4. What do Pino and Jaslyn drink during their flight in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
(a) Coca Cola.
(b) Gin and tonics.
(c) Whiskey sours.
(d) Red wine.
5. When was Solomon Soderberg first called to be a judge?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many marriages does Gloria say she's lost in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
2. What excuse does Gloria give Claire for not staying behind at her apartment in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
3. What is Tillie's last name in the novel?
4. Whose is the first case that Judge Soderberg hears after lunch in Book 3, Chapter 9: "Part of the Parts"?
5. How much of a pay cut did Solomon take when he became a judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tillie’s decision at the end of Book 2, Chapter 7: “This is the House That Horse Built”? What leads to this decision?
2. How would you describe the narrative style of Book 2, Chapter 7: “This is the House That Horse Built”?
3. What does Adelita savor in the end of Book 3, Chapter 10: “Centavos”?
4. How are the sights and sounds described during the walker’s World Trade Center stunt in Book 2, Chapter 8: “The Ringing Grooves of Change”?
5. What is revealed of the tightrope walker’s fate in Book 3, Chapter 11: “All Hail and Hallelujah”?
6. How is the tightrope walker’s stunt perceived by the protagonist in Book 3, Chapter 9: “Part of the Parts”?
7. What trick involving birth dates is described in Book 2, Chapter 8: “The Ringing Grooves of Change”?
8. What impact has Corrigan’s death had on Adelita’s perceptions of their relationship in Book 3, Chapter 10: “Centavos”?
9. What is significant about the cases presented in Book 3, Chapter 9: “Part of the Parts”?
10. Who is the protagonist of Book 3, Chapter 11: “All Hail and Hallelujah”? Where was this character first introduced?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)