|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does Lara describe playing when the car accident occurs in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(a) 1920s jazz.
(d) Opera music.
2. How long does it take the walker and his friends to set up the cable the night before his stunt at the World Trade Center towers?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
3. Where is the bank upon which the narrator's father's checks are drawn that he sends to the narrator's mother in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. How does Lara describe her mother in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(a) She was a sculptor.
(b) She was a college professor.
(c) She was a Norweigan model.
(d) She was a ballet dancer.
5. How old was the narrator of Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" when his mother died?
6. Who does Lara describe as her and Blaine's dealer in the Village in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(c) Billy Lee.
7. How old is Blaine when the car accident occurs?
8. What is Fernando's first thought when he sees the cops in the subway?
(a) He thinks it must be a tightrope walker.
(b) He thinks they are coming for him.
(c) He thinks there has been a terrorist attack.
(d) He thinks there's been a murder.
9. How many times has the walker fallen while training?
(b) Three times.
(d) Five times.
10. Where does Claire say she grew up in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
11. Where was Fernando when he saw his first tag underground?
(a) 138th Street.
(b) 15th Street.
(d) Wall Street.
12. How old is Sam in the novel?
13. At what tension does the walker want the wire to be when attached to the World Trade Center towers?
(a) 4 tons.
(b) 3 tons.
(c) 2 tons.
(d) 5 tons.
14. What is the profession of Claire's husband in the novel?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a college professor.
(c) He is a judge.
(d) He is a diplomat.
15. How many sons has Gloria lost in the Vietnam War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fernando live?
2. What type of birds does the walker see a nest of in the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down"?
3. What odd habit does the walker adopt while living in the cabin and training in the meadow?
4. Where is Gloria's apartment described in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
5. Where in her apartment does Claire keep hidden cigarettes in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)