|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lara describe in the backseat of her car when the accident happened in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(b) Bags of heroin.
(d) A baby.
2. Who describes the tightrope walker when she arrives at Claire's apartment in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
3. How old is Corrigan when he first goes out and gives a blanket to a homeless man in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
4. What is the profession of Claire's husband in the novel?
(a) He is a diplomat.
(b) He is a college professor.
(c) He is a judge.
(d) He is a banker.
5. Who gets the blue box program running through the PDP-10 in the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 6: "Etherwest"?
6. In what area of New York are Sam and his fellow programmers calling in Book 2, Chapter 6: "Etherwest"?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) The Upper West Side.
(c) Wall Street.
(d) The Upper East Side.
7. The narrator of Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" says that one of the many things he and his brother Corrigan loved about their mother was what?
(a) That she was a fine sculptor.
(b) That she was a fine musician.
(c) That she was an excellent cook.
(d) That she was a fine painter.
8. For how long does the narrator say Gareth has been programming in Book 2, Chapter 6: "Etherwest"?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
9. What areas of the subways does Fernando consider to be "virgin territory" for taggers?
(a) The walls.
(b) The doors.
(c) The ceilings.
(d) The windows.
10. What is the main color paint that the subway taggers used to use, according to the narrator in Book 2, Chapter 5: "Tag"?
11. How high up is the tightrope walker described in the Prologue as he crossed the Twin Towers?
(a) 50 stories high.
(b) 123 stories high.
(c) 96 stories high.
(d) 110 stories high.
12. For how long have Claire and her husband been married in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 31 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 21 years.
13. Where does the narrator describe the house he grew up in, in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
(d) Greenwich Village.
14. How old is Lara when she is in the accident that kills Corrigan and Jazzlyn?
15. How many times has the walker fallen while training?
(a) Three times.
(d) Five times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fernando when he attempts to see the photo editor of the New York Times?
2. What is Fernando's first thought when he sees the cops in the subway?
3. What kind of camera does Fernando use?
4. How far is Lara and Blaine's cabin upstate from New York City?
5. About how old was Corrigan when he began getting drunk, according to the narrator in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)