|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes the tightrope walker when she arrives at Claire's apartment in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
2. Where does Claire say she grew up in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
3. What television show does the person on the payphone in New York think they are on in Book 2, Chapter 6: "Etherwest"?
(a) Mork and Mindy.
(b) Spycam Series.
(c) Candid Camera.
4. Where did the narrator of Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" grow up?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Southern Missouri.
(d) Dublin, Ireland .
5. The narrator of Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" says that one of the many things he and his brother Corrigan loved about their mother was what?
(a) That she was an excellent cook.
(b) That she was a fine sculptor.
(c) That she was a fine musician.
(d) That she was a fine painter.
6. What is described in Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down" as "the purest bodyflow [the walker] could get"?
(a) Doing a handstand on the wire.
(b) Crouching on the wire.
(c) Running on the wire without a pole.
(d) Laying down on the wire.
7. Who among the programmers served two tours in Vietnam in Book 2, Chapter 6: "Etherwest"?
8. Who is the first person who answers the payphone and relates information to Compton in Book 2, Chapter 6: "Etherwest"?
9. How far is Lara and Blaine's cabin upstate from New York City?
(a) Two hours.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two and a half hours.
10. In what neighborhood is Fernando when he hears the cops in the subway in Book 2, Chapter 5: "Tag"?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) The Upper East Side.
(d) Wall Street.
11. How does Lara describe her mother in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(a) She was a college professor.
(b) She was a ballet dancer.
(c) She was a Norweigan model.
(d) She was a sculptor.
12. How high up is the tightrope walker described in the Prologue as he crossed the Twin Towers?
(a) 96 stories high.
(b) 50 stories high.
(c) 110 stories high.
(d) 123 stories high.
13. How old is Corrigan when he first goes out and gives a blanket to a homeless man in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
14. How old is Blaine when the car accident occurs?
15. What is the name of Blaine's art film that featured him eating breakfast on the roof of the Clock Tower Building?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe as Corrigan's central theme in life in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
2. What animal appears and playfully jumps under the walker's wire in Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down"?
3. How frequently does the narrator's father send checks to his mother after leaving the family in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
4. About how old was Corrigan when he began getting drunk, according to the narrator in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
5. How long has it been since Fernando saw his father?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)