|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the bank upon which the narrator's father's checks are drawn that he sends to the narrator's mother in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. How long is the cable that the walker trains on in the meadow in Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down"?
(a) 300 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 250 feet.
(d) 150 feet.
3. The narrator of Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" says that one of the many things he and his brother Corrigan loved about their mother was what?
(a) That she was a fine sculptor.
(b) That she was an excellent cook.
(c) That she was a fine musician.
(d) That she was a fine painter.
4. What car are Lara and Blaine driving when the car accident takes place?
(a) A 1927 Pontiac Landau.
(b) A 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
(c) A 1939 Rolls Royce.
(d) A 1998 Ford Explorer.
5. What is on the sign tacked inside the doorway of the cabin where the walker stays?
(a) "Nobody Falls Halfway."
(b) "Yesterday is Gone."
(c) "Tomorrow Never Comes."
(d) "Every Day is Today."
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does the walker begin his tightrope cross in the Prologue?
2. From what narrative perspective is Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down" related?
3. For how long have Claire and her husband been married in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
4. How old is Corrigan when he first goes out and gives a blanket to a homeless man in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
5. What animal appears and playfully jumps under the walker's wire in Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)