|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stacey is still determined to get a job, but promises to wait for what?
(a) Until he can convince his mother it is in the best interest of the family.
(b) Until he can come up with a good cover story.
(c) Until he can find a job closer to home.
(d) To talk to his father when he returns home for the revival.
2. What does the Sheriff say about the way the landowners treat the cane workers?
(a) He disagrees with the way they treat the workers.
(b) He believes the cane workers need to form a union.
(c) He thinks the landowners need to let the workers have more breaks.
(d) He agrees that the cane workers are lazy.
3. Who have the children been spending a lot of time with since Stacey left?
(c) Mrs. Lee Annie.
4. What does Cassie do when she sees her brother Stacey is changing?
(a) She gets angry because he ignores her.
(b) She tells her mother he is being mean.
(c) She listens to his phone conversations.
(d) She follows him around.
5. From where does Suzella get lessons?
(a) From New York.
(b) From Mama.
(c) From the Mississippi school system.
(d) From her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Cassie sees Wordell running toward the crowd?
2. What does Cassie see Russell and Suzella do?
3. What does Cassie remember Mrs. Lee Annie telling her about Wordell?
4. What news does Mr. Jamison bring to the family?
5. What does Little Man tell the others about Mr. Morrison while sitting on the river bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what seems to happen between Cassie and Suzella after Cassie gets in trouble for losing her temper in school.
2. When Cassie was sick with scarlet fever, Wordell played his harmonica for her each day. Discuss the reasons why you think he did this.
3. Explain why Wordell's comments about Cassie's unkind treatment of Suzella matter so much to Cassie.
4. How does the ending of the story relate the title, "Will the Circle be Unbroken?"?
5. News is expected that may pertain to Stacey on the same day Mrs. Lee Annie is to register to vote. Explain what the Logans do.
6. What information do the Logans get about Stacey?
7. List several of the reasons Stacey wants to get a job, even if doing so is against the wishes of his family.
8. In the final chapter, what does the Sheriff reveal about why he is letting Stacey and Moe go?
9. What happens when Mrs. Lee Annie goes to the courthouse to register to vote?
10. Describe what Stacey says about his experience after leaving home to work in the cane fields.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)