|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to find work so that he can buy milk for his siblings?
(a) Maynard Wiggins.
(b) Dube Cross.
(c) Little Man.
(d) Moe Turner.
2. What does Reverend Gabson say the boys were talking about?
(a) Breaking into the Barnett's store.
(b) A white handled pistol.
(c) Getting an axe.
(d) Skipping school the next day.
3. What happens when Mama refuses to let Stacey take the job he was offered in Chapter 7?
(a) Stacey speaks disrespectfully to her and then runs off.
(b) Mama washes his mouth out with soap.
(c) Stacey says he will take it anyway.
(d) Mama gives in to him.
4. Who offers milk to the young man?
(a) Cassie Logan.
(b) Stacey Logan.
(c) PaPa Logan.
(d) Mrs. Lee Annie Lees.
5. Who joins Papa on the visit to the Page Ellis family and Mrs. Lee Annie Lees?
(a) MaMa, Cassie, Stacey, Christopher-John and Little Man.
(b) Cassie, Stacey, Christopher-John and Little Man.
(c) Cassie, Christopher-John and Little Man.
(d) Cassie and Stacey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the beat up Ford truck that was parked outside the Barnett's store the night of the murder?
2. How does Uncle Hammer feel about Bud's announcement?
3. What does the county agent, Mr. Farnsworth, ask the Logans to do?
4. Who returns home wearing an Army uniform?
5. How do the Logans refer to their grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the reason Mama doesn't want Stacey to work the whitewashing job.
2. Explain why there is more importance placed on the children working than getting an education.
3. Explain why you think the Logan children run and hide after they get Mr. Farnsworth's help.
4. How would you interpret Cousin Bud's reason for wanting his daughter to spend time with the Logan family?
5. Based on what you have learned up to Chapter 6, what problems would you say Cousin Bud faces because he married a white woman?
6. Analyze the reaction of finding Doris Ann hanging from a rope, in spite of the obvious fact that Wordell was the reason she did not die.
7. List the evidence that should have created a reasonable doubt about TJ's guilt in the minds of the jury.
8. What do you feel is happening to members of the Logan family because of the upcoming trial of TJ Avery?
9. How would you interpret the Logan children's decision to sneak to the trial of their friend?
10. What is the symbolism of Uncle Hammer's vehicle?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)