|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mr. Barnett?
(a) Mayor of Strawberry.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A high school teacher.
(d) A lawyer.
2. Why don't they think TJ will have a fair trial?
(a) No jury will believe a black man over a white man.
(b) They have a difficult judge for the trial.
(c) All of the above.
(d) They have no faith in the justice system.
3. What happens to TJ Avery's appeal for a new trial?
(a) It is scheduled for a year later.
(b) It is put on hold.
(c) It is postponed.
(d) It is denied.
4. How does Mr. Jamison discredit Mrs.Barnett's testimony?
(a) He puts a black stocking on the hand of RW Sims.
(b) He explains TJ's fingerprints were not on the white handled pistol.
(c) He makes her take off her glasses and pick out three men who are the height of her husband's killers.
(d) He shows that TJ is shorter than she says the men were and uses a black stocking to show how it can make a white man appear to be black.
5. What does Reverend Gabson say the boys were talking about?
(a) A white handled pistol.
(b) Skipping school the next day.
(c) Breaking into the Barnett's store.
(d) Getting an axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sustains life in this small southern town?
2. What happens the second time Cassie's Papa finds out she is playing marbles?
3. What does Mr. Morrison do for the Logans?
4. What does Cassie inwardly confess about Mrs. Lee Annie?
5. What is the consequence of Papa's decision to quit the government program?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)