|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the county agent, Mr. Farnsworth, ask the Logans to do?
(a) He asks them to stop their neighbor from trying to steal their land.
(b) He tells them they need to plant more crops to get more money.
(c) To let them know that the government checks will be late.
(d) He asks them to get back into the government program.
2. What happens to TJ Avery's appeal for a new trial?
(a) It is postponed.
(b) It is put on hold.
(c) It is scheduled for a year later.
(d) It is denied.
3. What is the only reason why TJ Avery was not lynched after he was caught?
(a) People were no longer lynched.
(b) The town wanted a fair trial.
(c) RW & Melvin Simms said he didn't do it.
(d) There was a fire on the Logan property.
4. On the day of the trial, who does Stacey meet at the crossroad?
(a) Cassie and the boys.
(b) Wardell and Clarence.
(c) Joe and Moe.
(d) Moe and Clarence.
5. Where does the Logan family and Mr. Morrison meet each night after dinner?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the library to talk and do homework.
(c) In Mama and Papa's room.
(d) Around the kitchen table for dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Papa refuse Mr. Granger's offer?
2. Who lives in the Logan's shed?
3. What explanation does Stacey give for Jeremy Sims making them leave?
4. Where is Mama teaching?
5. How was Mr. Barnett killed?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)