|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Sheriff refer to the union that is forming?
(a) A big mistake.
(b) A negro conspiracy.
(c) An illegal activity.
(d) A socialist conspiracy.
2. What is the first lesson Mama teaches Mrs. Lee Annie about the constitution?
(a) It is written for white people.
(b) That freedom is for everyone.
(c) That blacks are not valued.
(d) That all people are equal.
3. Why does Cassie attack Mary Lou Wellever?
(a) She doesn't like Mary Lou.
(b) Mary Lou talks bad about Stacey.
(c) Mary Lou won't tell where Stacey is.
(d) Mary Lou says Stacey is probably dead.
4. What does Mr. Granger offer to do for Papa?
(a) Give Papa a loan.
(b) Buy the Logan farm.
(c) Bribe the county agent.
(d) Pay Papa's taxes.
5. What happens when Mama refuses to let Stacey take the job he was offered in Chapter 7?
(a) Stacey speaks disrespectfully to her and then runs off.
(b) Stacey says he will take it anyway.
(c) Mama gives in to him.
(d) Mama washes his mouth out with soap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Papa Logan make that upsets his wife?
2. What happens when Stacey and Little Willie try to get a job at the hospital construction site?
3. What happens to TJ Avery's appeal for a new trial?
4. What does Papa do when he hears the news?
5. What does the county agent, Mr. Farnsworth, ask the Logans to do?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)