|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the actual date of the execution?
(a) April 9
(b) April 15
(c) April 1
(d) April 8
2. Why doesn't Grant want to stay at Vivian's house?
(a) Miss Emma is expecting him
(b) He just wants to go home
(c) He's afraid he will ruin her reputation
(d) He doesn't love her anymore
3. What does Miss Emma tell Jefferson she wants for him?
(a) To ask for God's forgiveness
(c) To pray for her
4. When the bricklayers begin to criticize Jefferson and his effect on the African American population, who tells them to shut up?
(d) Joe Claiborne
5. What does Grant tell Jefferson he has a responsibility to do?
(a) Be a good man
(b) Learn to read
(c) Become an educated man
(d) Be kinder to Miss Emma
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jefferson's first visitor since the announcement of the execution date?
2. Who does not plan to get close to Jefferson because he is sentenced to die?
3. Grant tells Jefferson to be a ________ and more than a ________ to Miss Emma.
4. Who takes Grant home after the fight?
5. Who are so prejudiced against darker skinned African Americans that they drop out of school to become bricklayers?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)