|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grant see joking that makes him question his role as a teacher?
(a) His own students
2. How had Grant been taught to avoid this kind of humiliation?
(a) He hadn't been taught that.
(b) Through money
(c) Through persistence
(d) Through education
3. Who does NOT enter the kitchen at 6:45 PM?
(a) Henri Pichot
(b) Sam Guidry
(c) Reverend Ambrose
(d) Louis Rougon
4. What does Grant give the prisoners as he moves toward Jefferson's cell?
5. What did Jefferson do when Miss Emma arrived in his cell?
(a) Slapped her
(b) Ignored her
(c) Laughed at her
(d) Yelled at her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grant apologize for?
2. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
3. Who is told that they are 'smart. Maybe you're just a little too smart for our own good'?
4. Where is Vivian from originally?
5. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grant tell Jefferson about the execution?
2. How does Grant handle a classroom that contains kindergarten through six grader learning levels?
3. What does Grant tell Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose about his visit with Jefferson?
4. There is a lone present that is beneath the tree in the classroom. What is it?
5. What does Jefferson say that makes Miss Emma slap him?
6. What does Bonin say that Grant should tell his students about Jefferson?
7. When Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why God hates her, what does Reverend Ambrose tell Miss Emma?
8. What does Grant offer to bring to Jefferson?
9. What does Vivian's husband want in the terms of the divorce?
10. Where does Grant go in order to think about ways to lie to Miss Emma?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)