|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a way that Grant feels he has been humiliated?
(a) Be allowing himself to be searched at the jail
(b) By having to stay at the house
(c) By being forced to see Pichot
(d) By allowing the parcels to be searched
2. What is Grant going to tell Miss Emma that Jefferson ate and enjoyed?
(a) The corn
(b) The bread
(c) The chicken
(d) The pralines
3. How had Grant been taught to avoid this kind of humiliation?
(a) Through persistence
(b) Through money
(c) Through education
(d) He hadn't been taught that.
4. Who says that all in the courtroom know what the outcome of the trial will be?
(a) Tante Lou
(b) Miss Emma
(c) The unnamed narrator
5. What are Grant's students preparing?
(a) A paper
(b) A story book
(c) A research project
(d) A Christmas program
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grant's teacher say he would be broken down as?
2. What grades does Grant teach in his classroom?
3. Where is the courthouse located?
4. What visit number is it when Miss Emma gets sick?
5. Who is given permission to see Jefferson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the object of Grant's affection and of a secret love affair?
2. Who was Grant's teacher, the one who made him feel as though his teaching is pointless?
3. Because of his involvement with Jefferson, what has happened to Grant?
4. Who makes an annual visit to the school to inspect Grant's classroom?
5. What does Grant do instead of telling someone that the visit with Jefferson is not going well?
6. When Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why God hates her, what does Reverend Ambrose tell Miss Emma?
7. When the truck carrying the electric chair moves through town, how does the town react?
8. To whom does Grant dedicate the Christmas program at his school?
9. What happens at the beginning of every visit to see Jefferson?
10. When Vivian surprises Grant at his home, he is embarrassed by the house, but Vivian calls it peaceful How does Grant describe his home?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)