|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grant remember as someone who took great pride in his heritage?
(a) An out of towner
(b) A worker
(c) An Irishman
(d) A famous person
2. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
3. Where is Jefferson's cell located?
(a) At the end of the cellblock
(b) In a separate room
(c) In general population
(d) On the top floor
4. Where does the couple meet to talk?
(a) At the church
(b) At the river
(c) At Vivian's house
(d) Rainbow Club
5. Grant tells a student to leave the classroom. Why?
(a) Because she made a smart remark
(b) Because she is unable to control her emotions
(c) Because he looks like Jefferson
(d) Because he was mean to another student
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grant hear calling his Tante Lou from the road?
2. When Jefferson does not eat, what does Grant pick up and eat?
3. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
4. Who is Grant's surprise visitor?
5. Who is in charge of scheduling the execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grant say to Tante Lou when she begins to get out of the car when they arrive at Pichot's house?
2. Why is Grant outraged that Miss Emma is suddenly sick?
3. Where does Grant go in order to think about ways to lie to Miss Emma?
4. What does Grant tell Jefferson about the execution?
5. What does Grant tell Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose about his visit with Jefferson?
6. What does Grant urge Jefferson to do in order to make liars of the white bigots?
7. What happens at the beginning of every visit to see Jefferson?
8. What has Jefferson recorded in the notebook that Grant had given him?
9. What is Grant doing when the women of the house go to church?
10. What does Bonin say that Grant should tell his students about Jefferson?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)