|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Grant's surprise visitor?
(b) Miss Emma
2. What visit number is it when Miss Emma gets sick?
(a) The fourth visit
(b) The second visit
(c) The sixth visit
(d) The third visit
3. Who is the superintendent of schools?
(a) Dr. Radcliffe Barrier
(b) Dr. Thomas Billis
(c) Dr. Joseph Morgan
(d) Dr. Reginald Morton
4. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
(d) Any extra food they have
5. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
(a) To sing a song
(b) To show up in nice clothes
(c) To behave
(d) To bathe each morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the superintendent mistakenly call Grant?
2. What did Jefferson do when Miss Emma arrived in his cell?
3. What grades does Grant teach in his classroom?
4. How had Grant been taught to avoid this kind of humiliation?
5. What are Grant's students preparing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the person who gets into trouble when offered a ride to the White Rabbit Bar and Lounge?
2. Grant has a theory about why he feels he has left some of his anger behind. What is his theory?
3. Who is the one who decides when Jefferson will be executed, per Grant?
4. What does Bonin tell Grant about Bonin's relationship with Jefferson?
5. Who was Grant's teacher, the one who made him feel as though his teaching is pointless?
6. What does Jefferson say that makes Miss Emma slap him?
7. Who is the narrator of the story, revealed in the second chapter?
8. Why does Jefferson refuse to go into the day room at first?
9. When Vivian surprises Grant at his home, he is embarrassed by the house, but Vivian calls it peaceful How does Grant describe his home?
10. Because of his involvement with Jefferson, what has happened to Grant?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)