|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant tells a student to leave the classroom. Why?
(a) Because he looks like Jefferson
(b) Because she is unable to control her emotions
(c) Because he was mean to another student
(d) Because she made a smart remark
2. What did Miss Emma send for Jefferson to enjoy?
(d) Home made candy
3. What is displayed in front of the court building?
(a) A large statue of the scales of justice
(b) A statude of an infantry man
(c) A placard with the Bill of Rights
(d) A statue of a Confederate soldier
4. What does Grant long to have?
(a) More money
(b) More sex
(c) More control over his life
(d) More peace with his family
5. The reverend asks Grant if it would be appropriate to take a ________ when his visits Jefferson. Grant agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
2. When does Grant teach the children?
3. Grant is worried that the guards will do what when he goes to the jail on his own?
4. Who warns Grant of the impending annual visit by the superintendent?
5. Where is Vivian's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Grant asks Vivian what would happen if someone on the school staff saw what she had written on her blackboard?
2. What does Vivian's husband want in the terms of the divorce?
3. Why is Grant outraged that Miss Emma is suddenly sick?
4. Who makes an annual visit to the school to inspect Grant's classroom?
5. Who was Grant's teacher, the one who made him feel as though his teaching is pointless?
6. Why are Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose angry with Grant?
7. What does Grant think about heaven and what happens after you die?
8. Jefferson tells Sam Guindry that he will meet Tante Lou, Miss Emma and Reverend Ambrose in which room?
9. What does Grant notice when he looks through Jefferson's barred window?
10. What happens on the day of the fourth visit to see Jefferson?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)