|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Emma send for Jefferson to enjoy?
(a) Home made candy
2. Who grabs a gun and starts shooting?
3. Who reminds Grant that the visits will end at the first sign of trouble?
(c) Edna Guidry
(d) Sam Guidry
4. What has Grant had less time to do?
(a) To be with Vivian
(b) To worship
(c) To eat
(d) To sleep
5. What does Miss Emma want Pichot to do?
(a) Help Jefferson escape
(b) Try to appeal the verdict
(c) Arrange for a visit between Grant and Jefferson
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
2. Who does Grant remember as someone who took great pride in his heritage?
3. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
4. Which of the following men did not get into the car to go to the bar?
5. The reverend asks Grant if it would be appropriate to take a ________ when his visits Jefferson. Grant agrees.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Grant's teacher, the one who made him feel as though his teaching is pointless?
2. Who does Grant put in charge of the class when he is told he must go to Henri Pinchot's house immediately?
3. What is the result of the belated meeting at Pichot's house?
4. What happens on the day of the fourth visit to see Jefferson?
5. Though Grant finds Tante Lou and Miss Emma home when he returns from school, what does he do?
6. Who is the narrator of the story, revealed in the second chapter?
7. When Grant sees the deliverymen joking with each other like his students do, what does he wonder?
8. To whom does Grant dedicate the Christmas program at his school?
9. There is a lone present that is beneath the tree in the classroom. What is it?
10. What responsibility does Grant try to tell Jefferson he has?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)