|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the women go to church, what does Grant do?
(a) Goes for a walk
(c) Eats breakfast
(d) Grades papers
2. What did Jefferson do when Miss Emma arrived in his cell?
(a) Slapped her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Ignored her
(d) Yelled at her
3. What is written on the blackboards?
(a) Nothing, they've been cleaned
(b) I love you/Je t'taime
(c) Vivian Wiggins
(d) Mrs. Vivian Wiggins
4. What does Miss Emma want Grant to help Jefferson know before he is executed?
(a) That he worked hard during his life.
(b) That he is a good father.
(c) That he is a man.
(d) That he was right.
5. Who does Grant see joking that makes him question his role as a teacher?
(c) His own students
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grant hear calling his Tante Lou from the road?
2. What does Grant not want to spend his life doing?
3. What visit number is it when Miss Emma gets sick?
4. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
5. Who reminds Grant that the visits will end at the first sign of trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is the execution date for Jefferson?
2. Why is Grant outraged that Miss Emma is suddenly sick?
3. Who does Grant put in charge of the class when he is told he must go to Henri Pinchot's house immediately?
4. Why does Jefferson say that it does not matter if he eats chicken or dirt?
5. When the truck carrying the electric chair moves through town, how does the town react?
6. What is Grant doing when the women of the house go to church?
7. What does Grant tell Jefferson about the execution?
8. What does Grant tell Jefferson he wants him to do?
9. Vivian takes Grant to her home, but Grant protests this. Why does he protest this action?
10. What does Grant notice when he looks through Jefferson's barred window?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)