|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grant give the prisoners as he moves toward Jefferson's cell?
2. What grades does Grant teach in his classroom?
(a) Second grade to fourth grade
(b) Kindergarten to second grade
(c) Kindergarten to sixth grade
(d) Fifth grade and up
3. Why was Vivian shunned in this town?
(a) She was a bad teacher
(b) She married a dark skinned man
(c) She had a job
(d) She had a child out of wedlock
4. What does the superintendent mistakenly call Grant?
5. What does Grant long to have?
(a) More peace with his family
(b) More money
(c) More control over his life
(d) More sex
Short Answer Questions
1. Who apologizes for the way they treated Grant?
2. What does Reverend Ambrose ask about the discussions between Jefferson and Grant?
3. When Jefferson does not eat, what does Grant pick up and eat?
4. What are Grant's students preparing?
5. How did Grant's teacher say he would be broken down as?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the truck carrying the electric chair moves through town, how does the town react?
2. What is the result of the belated meeting at Pichot's house?
3. What responsibility does Grant try to tell Jefferson he has?
4. Who is the person who gets into trouble when offered a ride to the White Rabbit Bar and Lounge?
5. What does Grant urge Jefferson to do in order to make liars of the white bigots?
6. What does Reverend Ambrose tell Grant he must tell Jefferson?
7. What does Grant tell Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose about his visit with Jefferson?
8. Where does Grant go in order to think about ways to lie to Miss Emma?
9. What does Bonin say that Grant should tell his students about Jefferson?
10. Who is the object of Grant's affection and of a secret love affair?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)