|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the women go to church, what does Grant do?
(a) Eats breakfast
(c) Grades papers
(d) Goes for a walk
2. Who warns Grant of the impending annual visit by the superintendent?
(c) Miss Emma
3. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
(a) He snapped at a student
(b) He wants to run away
(c) He is tired
(d) He is meeting with Vivian
4. What does Miss Emma want Grant to help Jefferson know before he is executed?
(a) That he is a good father.
(b) That he was right.
(c) That he is a man.
(d) That he worked hard during his life.
5. Why was Vivian shunned in this town?
(a) She married a dark skinned man
(b) She had a child out of wedlock
(c) She was a bad teacher
(d) She had a job
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grant drive Miss Emma and Tante Lou?
2. Where is Jefferson's cell located?
3. What does Rougon's family own in a neighboring town?
4. When Grant arrives, what does Jefferson ask?
5. What does Grant long to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bonin say that Grant should tell his students about Jefferson?
2. Vivian takes Grant to her home, but Grant protests this. Why does he protest this action?
3. What happens on the day of the fourth visit to see Jefferson?
4. Jefferson tells Sam Guindry that he will meet Tante Lou, Miss Emma and Reverend Ambrose in which room?
5. What does Jefferson offer to Bonin as he is preparing for his death?
6. Who is the object of Grant's affection and of a secret love affair?
7. What has Jefferson recorded in the notebook that Grant had given him?
8. What does Grant say to Tante Lou when she begins to get out of the car when they arrive at Pichot's house?
9. When Vivian surprises Grant at his home, he is embarrassed by the house, but Vivian calls it peaceful How does Grant describe his home?
10. What does Grant do after he snaps at a student?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)