|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
2. Who does NOT press Grant for details about his visit with Jefferson?
(a) Miss Emma
(b) Tante Lou
(c) Reverend Ambrose
3. What is NOT a way that Grant feels he has been humiliated?
(a) Be allowing himself to be searched at the jail
(b) By having to stay at the house
(c) By being forced to see Pichot
(d) By allowing the parcels to be searched
4. Who is the maid at the house in #7?
5. What does Miss Emma want Pichot to do?
(b) Try to appeal the verdict
(c) Help Jefferson escape
(d) Arrange for a visit between Grant and Jefferson
Short Answer Questions
1. What visit number is it when Miss Emma gets sick?
2. What does Grant tell the women of the house about Vivian?
3. What color was Grant's teacher's skin?
4. What did Grant's teacher tell Grant to do?
5. What does Grant not want to spend his life doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bonin tell Grant about Bonin's relationship with Jefferson?
2. When Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why God hates her, what does Reverend Ambrose tell Miss Emma?
3. Why does Jefferson say that it does not matter if he eats chicken or dirt?
4. What does Grant say to Tante Lou when she begins to get out of the car when they arrive at Pichot's house?
5. What does Grant tell Jefferson about the execution?
6. What responsibility does Grant try to tell Jefferson he has?
7. Why is Grant so unhappy with his life right now?
8. What happens after Vivian and Grant make love?
9. Vivian is unsure if she should go to the house where Miss Emma is. Why?
10. What does Reverend Ambrose tell Grant he must tell Jefferson?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)