|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rougon's family own in a neighboring town?
(a) A supermarket
(b) A bank
(c) A tailormaking shop
(d) A dry cleaner
2. What visit number is it when Miss Emma gets sick?
(a) The third visit
(b) The fourth visit
(c) The second visit
(d) The sixth visit
3. What did Jefferson do when Miss Emma arrived in his cell?
(a) Ignored her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Slapped her
(d) Yelled at her
4. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
(a) To bathe each morning
(b) To sing a song
(c) To show up in nice clothes
(d) To behave
5. Who was the owner of this bar?
(b) Alcee Grope
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men did not get into the car to go to the bar?
2. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
3. What does the superintendent mistakenly call Grant?
4. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
5. What does Grant long to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Grant's teacher, the one who made him feel as though his teaching is pointless?
2. What does Jefferson offer to Bonin as he is preparing for his death?
3. Why was Vivian shunned in Free LaCove?
4. When is the execution date for Jefferson?
5. Why are Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose angry with Grant?
6. Because of his involvement with Jefferson, what has happened to Grant?
7. What does Grant tell Jefferson he wants him to do?
8. What does Grant instruct his students to do before and during their annual inspection?
9. What does Grant urge Jefferson to do in order to make liars of the white bigots?
10. What does Grant do instead of telling someone that the visit with Jefferson is not going well?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)