|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Grant going to visit Jefferson again?
(a) The next Tuesday
(c) On Friday
(d) That day
2. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
(d) Edna Guidry
3. What is searched before Miss Emma and Grant go to Jefferson's cell?
(a) Their clothing
(b) Their shoes
(c) Her parcels
(d) Miss Emma's purse
4. How long until this person in #28 can visit Jefferson?
(a) The next day
(b) A week
(c) A month
(d) A couple of weeks
5. What does the superintendent lecture the children on the importance of?
(d) Hard work
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young African American man at the center of the trial?
2. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
3. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
4. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
5. Why was Vivian shunned in this town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grant tell Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose about his visit with Jefferson?
2. Because of his involvement with Jefferson, what has happened to Grant?
3. Though Grant finds Tante Lou and Miss Emma home when he returns from school, what does he do?
4. What does Bonin tell Grant about Bonin's relationship with Jefferson?
5. Who does Grant put in charge of the class when he is told he must go to Henri Pinchot's house immediately?
6. What does Grant think about heaven and what happens after you die?
7. Why was Vivian shunned in Free LaCove?
8. Why is Grant so unhappy with his life right now?
9. What does Grant do after he snaps at a student?
10. Why is Reverend Ambrose jealous of Grant?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)