|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grant see joking that makes him question his role as a teacher?
(c) His own students
2. Who is the superintendent of schools?
(a) Dr. Joseph Morgan
(b) Dr. Reginald Morton
(c) Dr. Radcliffe Barrier
(d) Dr. Thomas Billis
3. Who reminds Grant that the visits will end at the first sign of trouble?
(a) Edna Guidry
(b) Sam Guidry
4. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
(a) Any extra food they have
5. What did Jefferson do when Miss Emma arrived in his cell?
(a) Yelled at her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Ignored her
(d) Slapped her
Short Answer Questions
1. What visit number is it when Miss Emma gets sick?
2. Where did the men in #3 end up going?
3. What did Miss Emma send for Jefferson to enjoy?
4. Who says that all in the courtroom know what the outcome of the trial will be?
5. The Reverend Ambrose tells Miss Emma that God is just ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grant think about heaven and what happens after you die?
2. What is Grant doing when the women of the house go to church?
3. Vivian is unsure if she should go to the house where Miss Emma is. Why?
4. Who was Grant's teacher, the one who made him feel as though his teaching is pointless?
5. What does Grant urge Jefferson to do in order to make liars of the white bigots?
6. What is the result of the belated meeting at Pichot's house?
7. What does Jefferson say that makes Miss Emma slap him?
8. Why is Grant outraged that Miss Emma is suddenly sick?
9. Why is Reverend Ambrose jealous of Grant?
10. Why are Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose angry with Grant?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)