|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Emma do when Jefferson said he is a hog being fattened for the slaughter?
(a) Hit him with a book
(b) Yell for the guard
(d) Slap him
2. How long until this person in #28 can visit Jefferson?
(a) A couple of weeks
(b) A week
(c) A month
(d) The next day
3. Grant is worried that the guards will do what when he goes to the jail on his own?
(a) Lock him up
(b) Beat him
(c) Ask him to strip or to look in his mouth
(d) Ignore him
4. What does the superintendent inspect on the children?
(a) Their teeth
(b) Their hands
(c) Their feet
(d) Their heads
5. The Reverend Ambrose tells Miss Emma that God is just ____________.
(b) Not interested in saving Jefferson
(c) Being quiet
(d) Testing her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Grant of the impending annual visit by the superintendent?
2. Where is the courthouse located?
3. What does Grant not want to spend his life doing?
4. What was Jefferson doing when Miss Emma went to visit him?
5. Where did Vivian attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Vivian surprises Grant at his home, he is embarrassed by the house, but Vivian calls it peaceful How does Grant describe his home?
2. Who is the one who decides when Jefferson will be executed, per Grant?
3. What does Bonin tell Grant about Bonin's relationship with Jefferson?
4. Who is the narrator of the story, revealed in the second chapter?
5. What does Grant offer to bring to Jefferson?
6. What responsibility does Grant try to tell Jefferson he has?
7. What does Grant do after he snaps at a student?
8. What does Vivian's husband want in the terms of the divorce?
9. What does Grant tell Jefferson he wants him to do?
10. Why is Grant outraged that Miss Emma is suddenly sick?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)