|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men did not get into the car to go to the bar?
2. Where is Jefferson's cell located?
(a) In a separate room
(b) On the top floor
(c) In general population
(d) At the end of the cellblock
3. What did Grant's teacher tell Grant to do?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Stop seeing his lover
(c) Get out of the community
(d) Keep teaching no matter what
4. Who is Grant's surprise visitor?
(c) Miss Emma
5. The reverend asks Grant if it would be appropriate to take a ________ when his visits Jefferson. Grant agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
2. What does the superintendent lecture the children on the importance of?
3. What are the two men discussing with Joe Claiborne?
4. What does Rougon's family own in a neighboring town?
5. What do Vivian and Grant do after coffee and cake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story, revealed in the second chapter?
2. When Jefferson writes about Samson, what is the question that springs into his mind?
3. Vivian takes Grant to her home, but Grant protests this. Why does he protest this action?
4. What responsibility does Grant try to tell Jefferson he has?
5. What happens when Grant asks Vivian what would happen if someone on the school staff saw what she had written on her blackboard?
6. What does Grant think about heaven and what happens after you die?
7. Why is Grant outraged that Miss Emma is suddenly sick?
8. Who does Grant put in charge of the class when he is told he must go to Henri Pinchot's house immediately?
9. Where does Grant go in order to think about ways to lie to Miss Emma?
10. What is Grant doing when the women of the house go to church?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)