|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jefferson's cell located?
(a) On the top floor
(b) At the end of the cellblock
(c) In general population
(d) In a separate room
2. Which of the following men did not get into the car to go to the bar?
3. Who is the maid at the house in #7?
4. What did Jefferson do when Miss Emma arrived in his cell?
(a) Slapped her
(b) Yelled at her
(c) Laughed at her
(d) Ignored her
5. How did Grant's teacher say he would be broken down as?
(a) A hog
(b) A fool
(c) A dog
(d) A nigger
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two men discussing with Joe Claiborne?
2. As the women go to church, what does Grant do?
3. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
4. What grades does Grant teach in his classroom?
5. When is Grant going to visit Jefferson again?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Vivian surprises Grant at his home, he is embarrassed by the house, but Vivian calls it peaceful How does Grant describe his home?
2. Grant has a theory about why he feels he has left some of his anger behind. What is his theory?
3. What does Grant urge Jefferson to do in order to make liars of the white bigots?
4. Who does Grant put in charge of the class when he is told he must go to Henri Pinchot's house immediately?
5. Why is Grant so unhappy with his life right now?
6. Why does Jefferson say that it does not matter if he eats chicken or dirt?
7. Vivian takes Grant to her home, but Grant protests this. Why does he protest this action?
8. Jefferson tells Sam Guindry that he will meet Tante Lou, Miss Emma and Reverend Ambrose in which room?
9. What happens after Vivian and Grant make love?
10. What does Grant do instead of telling someone that the visit with Jefferson is not going well?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)