|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grant long to have?
(a) More control over his life
(b) More peace with his family
(c) More money
(d) More sex
2. Where does the couple meet to talk?
(a) At Vivian's house
(b) At the river
(c) Rainbow Club
(d) At the church
3. What did Miss Emma send for Jefferson to enjoy?
(c) Home made candy
4. Who was the owner of this bar?
(b) Alcee Grope
5. What did Grant's teacher tell Grant to do?
(a) Stop seeing his lover
(b) Keep teaching no matter what
(c) Get out of the community
(d) Kill himself
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Grant that the visits will end at the first sign of trouble?
2. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
3. Where is Vivian's husband?
4. Who warns Grant of the impending annual visit by the superintendent?
5. Where is Vivian from originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Grant outraged that Miss Emma is suddenly sick?
2. When is the execution date for Jefferson?
3. When does Grant realize that Jefferson has died?
4. Who makes an annual visit to the school to inspect Grant's classroom?
5. There is a lone present that is beneath the tree in the classroom. What is it?
6. Because of his involvement with Jefferson, what has happened to Grant?
7. Why was Vivian shunned in Free LaCove?
8. What does Grant tell Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose about his visit with Jefferson?
9. When Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why God hates her, what does Reverend Ambrose tell Miss Emma?
10. What happens on the day of the fourth visit to see Jefferson?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)