|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grant going to tell Miss Emma that Jefferson ate and enjoyed?
(a) The chicken
(b) The bread
(c) The pralines
(d) The corn
2. Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why _____ hates her.
3. How early does Grant go to Pichot's home?
(a) 5 minutes early
(b) 10 minutes early
(c) 60 minutes early
(d) 40 minutes early
4. What does Miss Emma want Grant to help Jefferson know before he is executed?
(a) That he is a man.
(b) That he worked hard during his life.
(c) That he is a good father.
(d) That he was right.
5. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
(a) He is meeting with Vivian
(b) He snapped at a student
(c) He wants to run away
(d) He is tired
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Grant's surprise visitor?
2. What does Grant apologize for?
3. Who was Grant's teacher when he was a child?
4. Where is Jefferson's cell located?
5. What does Rougon's family own in a neighboring town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jefferson refuse to go into the day room at first?
2. Who does Grant put in charge of the class when he is told he must go to Henri Pinchot's house immediately?
3. Why does Grant go with Miss Emma and Tante Lou to Mr. Pichot's house?
4. Who is the narrator of the story, revealed in the second chapter?
5. What does Grant tell Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose about his visit with Jefferson?
6. What does Grant offer to bring to Jefferson?
7. Jefferson tells Sam Guindry that he will meet Tante Lou, Miss Emma and Reverend Ambrose in which room?
8. What does Grant think about heaven and what happens after you die?
9. Why are Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose angry with Grant?
10. What does Bonin say that Grant should tell his students about Jefferson?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)