|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Vivian's husband?
(b) At home
(c) In the other room
2. How early does Grant go to Pichot's home?
(a) 40 minutes early
(b) 10 minutes early
(c) 60 minutes early
(d) 5 minutes early
3. What visit number is it when Miss Emma gets sick?
(a) The sixth visit
(b) The third visit
(c) The fourth visit
(d) The second visit
4. When is Grant going to visit Jefferson again?
(b) The next Tuesday
(c) On Friday
(d) That day
5. Who is the maid at the house in #7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jefferson do when Miss Emma arrived in his cell?
2. What color was Grant's teacher's skin?
3. What did Grant's teacher tell Grant to do?
4. What does Grant say that angers his lover?
5. What do the children do when they're not in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reverend Ambrose tell Grant he must tell Jefferson?
2. When Jefferson writes about Samson, what is the question that springs into his mind?
3. What does Bonin tell Grant about Bonin's relationship with Jefferson?
4. Vivian is unsure if she should go to the house where Miss Emma is. Why?
5. Why was Vivian shunned in Free LaCove?
6. What happens on the day of the fourth visit to see Jefferson?
7. Because of his involvement with Jefferson, what has happened to Grant?
8. What happens when Grant asks Vivian what would happen if someone on the school staff saw what she had written on her blackboard?
9. When Vivian surprises Grant at his home, he is embarrassed by the house, but Vivian calls it peaceful How does Grant describe his home?
10. There is a lone present that is beneath the tree in the classroom. What is it?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)