|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How early does Grant go to Pichot's home?
(a) 10 minutes early
(b) 60 minutes early
(c) 40 minutes early
(d) 5 minutes early
2. What does Grant give the prisoners as he moves toward Jefferson's cell?
3. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
(d) Edna Guidry
4. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
(a) To sing a song
(b) To behave
(c) To show up in nice clothes
(d) To bathe each morning
5. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
(a) He is meeting with Vivian
(b) He snapped at a student
(c) He wants to run away
(d) He is tired
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant is worried that the guards will do what when he goes to the jail on his own?
2. Where is the courthouse located?
3. What do Vivian and Grant do after coffee and cake?
4. What does Grant apologize for?
5. Who is in charge of scheduling the execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Vivian is unsure if she should go to the house where Miss Emma is. Why?
2. When Vivian surprises Grant at his home, he is embarrassed by the house, but Vivian calls it peaceful How does Grant describe his home?
3. Who is the object of Grant's affection and of a secret love affair?
4. Because of his involvement with Jefferson, what has happened to Grant?
5. What does Grant do after he snaps at a student?
6. What is the result of the belated meeting at Pichot's house?
7. What does Bonin tell Grant about Bonin's relationship with Jefferson?
8. Why does Jefferson refuse to go into the day room at first?
9. When is the execution date for Jefferson?
10. What does Grant offer to bring to Jefferson?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)