|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the blackboards?
(a) Vivian Wiggins
(b) Nothing, they've been cleaned
(c) Mrs. Vivian Wiggins
(d) I love you/Je t'taime
2. Where is the courthouse located?
(a) Baton Rouge
(b) New Orleans
3. What does Grant give the prisoners as he moves toward Jefferson's cell?
4. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
(d) Edna Guidry
5. How long until this person in #28 can visit Jefferson?
(a) The next day
(b) A month
(c) A week
(d) A couple of weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of this bar?
2. What has Grant had less time to do?
3. What does Grant long to have?
4. Which day of the week is a sad day?
5. Where does the couple meet to talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Grant outraged that Miss Emma is suddenly sick?
2. Why are Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose angry with Grant?
3. Who is the narrator of the story, revealed in the second chapter?
4. What happens when Grant asks Vivian what would happen if someone on the school staff saw what she had written on her blackboard?
5. There is a lone present that is beneath the tree in the classroom. What is it?
6. When Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why God hates her, what does Reverend Ambrose tell Miss Emma?
7. What does Grant notice when he looks through Jefferson's barred window?
8. When the truck carrying the electric chair moves through town, how does the town react?
9. What is the recurring dream that Jefferson records in his journal?
10. Why was Vivian shunned in Free LaCove?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)