|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is told that they are 'smart. Maybe you're just a little too smart for our own good'?
2. Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why _____ hates her.
3. What does Miss Emma want Pichot to do?
(a) Help Jefferson escape
(b) Arrange for a visit between Grant and Jefferson
(c) Try to appeal the verdict
4. Where is Vivian's husband?
(a) In the other room
(d) At home
5. Who is the maid at the house in #7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grant long to have?
2. What does the superintendent inspect on the children?
3. Who grabs a gun and starts shooting?
4. Who says that all in the courtroom know what the outcome of the trial will be?
5. What reason does Grant give for staying in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What responsibility does Grant try to tell Jefferson he has?
2. Who is the narrator of the story, revealed in the second chapter?
3. Where does Grant go in order to think about ways to lie to Miss Emma?
4. What does Jefferson say that makes Miss Emma slap him?
5. What does Grant notice when he looks through Jefferson's barred window?
6. What is the recurring dream that Jefferson records in his journal?
7. Why are Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose angry with Grant?
8. Grant has a theory about why he feels he has left some of his anger behind. What is his theory?
9. What does Grant urge Jefferson to do in order to make liars of the white bigots?
10. What happens after Vivian and Grant make love?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)