|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the couple meet to talk?
(a) At the river
(b) At the church
(c) At Vivian's house
(d) Rainbow Club
2. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
3. What was Jefferson called during the trial?
(a) A dog
(b) A rat
(c) A hog
(d) A chicken
4. What reason does Grant give for staying in town?
(a) He wants to be with Vivian
(b) He is ashamed to leave
(c) He was forbidden to leave
(d) He doesn't have enough money to leave
5. What are Grant's students preparing?
(a) A paper
(b) A story book
(c) A research project
(d) A Christmas program
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
2. Why does Grant whack the student on the head with a ruler?
3. What is Grant going to tell Miss Emma that Jefferson ate and enjoyed?
4. Where did the men in #3 end up going?
5. Where did Vivian attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the beginning of every visit to see Jefferson?
2. Why are Miss Emma, Tante Lou, and Reverend Ambrose angry with Grant?
3. What does Jefferson offer to Bonin as he is preparing for his death?
4. When Vivian surprises Grant at his home, he is embarrassed by the house, but Vivian calls it peaceful How does Grant describe his home?
5. Who is the one who decides when Jefferson will be executed, per Grant?
6. How does Grant handle a classroom that contains kindergarten through six grader learning levels?
7. What happens on the day of the fourth visit to see Jefferson?
8. Why does Jefferson say that it does not matter if he eats chicken or dirt?
9. What does Grant offer to bring to Jefferson?
10. What is Grant doing when the women of the house go to church?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)