|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivian suggest Grant do to pass the time?
(b) Go to church
(c) Run away
(d) Be with her
2. Who is the superintendent of schools?
(a) Dr. Joseph Morgan
(b) Dr. Thomas Billis
(c) Dr. Reginald Morton
(d) Dr. Radcliffe Barrier
3. When Grant arrives, what does Jefferson ask?
(a) If he has any good news
(b) If he can leave
(c) If he has brought any corn
(d) If he has brought a radio
4. Why was Vivian shunned in this town?
(a) She had a child out of wedlock
(b) She had a job
(c) She married a dark skinned man
(d) She was a bad teacher
5. Where do the person in #13 and Grant meet up once she had arranged for a babysitter?
(a) Bill's Diner
(b) Rainbow Club
(c) The local market
(d) White Rabbit Bar and Lounge
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
2. What did Miss Emma do when Jefferson said he is a hog being fattened for the slaughter?
3. What color was Grant's teacher's skin?
4. What reason does Grant give for staying in town?
5. Who does Grant hear calling his Tante Lou from the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grant say to Tante Lou when she begins to get out of the car when they arrive at Pichot's house?
2. What does Grant instruct his students to do before and during their annual inspection?
3. What has Jefferson recorded in the notebook that Grant had given him?
4. What is the result of the belated meeting at Pichot's house?
5. What does Grant tell Jefferson he wants him to do?
6. Why does Jefferson say that it does not matter if he eats chicken or dirt?
7. What does Jefferson say that he wants when Grant asks him if he wants anything?
8. What does Bonin say that Grant should tell his students about Jefferson?
9. When Jefferson writes about Samson, what is the question that springs into his mind?
10. What does Reverend Ambrose tell Grant he must tell Jefferson?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)