|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Bonin accept from Jefferson?
(c) A card
(d) A notebook
2. What is the weather like as the Christmas program approaches?
(a) Warm and sunny
(b) Cold and rainy
(c) Clear and calm
(d) Snowy and cold
3. When is Jefferson brought into the day room wearing?
(a) A hat
(c) A smile
(d) No shirt
4. Who does Grant dedicate the Christmas program to?
(b) Miss Emma
5. Which doctor does Guidry suggest calling for Miss Emma?
(a) Dr. Gillian
(b) Dr. Gillroy
(c) Dr. Morgan
(d) Dr. Rogers
6. Grant suggests that Jefferson speak to ________, and it would be good for Miss Emma to know that he does.
(c) Reverend Ambrose
7. What does Jefferson call Vivian?
(a) The old ball and chain
(b) That old yellow woman you go with
(c) The sack of ignorance
(d) That harlot
8. What did Vivian whisper to Miss Emma?
(a) That she would love Grant
(b) That she would pray for her and Jefferson
(c) That she could be at peace
(d) That she was leaving
9. Who sticks up for Jefferson and his radio?
(d) No one
10. Whose responsibility is it to bring God to Jefferson, according to Grant?
(a) Reverend Ambrose
(c) Tante Lou
(d) Miss Emma
11. Who does Grant annoy when he insists on a brand new radio?
(a) A white clerk
(c) Miss Emma
12. Why doesn't Grant want to stay at Vivian's house?
(a) He doesn't love her anymore
(b) He just wants to go home
(c) He's afraid he will ruin her reputation
(d) Miss Emma is expecting him
13. Who asks Grant to talk to Reverend Ambrose?
(a) Miss Emma
(b) Tante Lou
14. From whom does Grant get the money for the item in #124?
(d) Thelma and Joe Claiborne
15. What is Miss Emma doing when Grant arrives?
(a) Lying on a bed
(c) Making coffee
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Grant home after the fight?
2. Who wants to be liked by Grant's family?
3. Grant tells Jefferson to be a ________ and more than a ________ to Miss Emma.
4. The women prepare a smaller table with __________ and ________.
5. Jefferson asks that Miss Emma be told that he __________ to his execution.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)