|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reverend Ambrose have to say about Jefferson?
(a) He's gonna die well
(b) He's a bad man
(c) He ain't saved
(d) He's not a grateful godson
2. What does Jefferson call Vivian?
(a) The sack of ignorance
(b) That harlot
(c) That old yellow woman you go with
(d) The old ball and chain
3. Grant suggests that Jefferson speak to ________, and it would be good for Miss Emma to know that he does.
(a) Reverend Ambrose
4. What does Grant not believe in?
(a) An afterlife
(c) Capital punishment
5. Who sticks up for Jefferson and his radio?
(d) No one
6. After visiting Jefferson, where does Grant go?
(a) To the Rainbow Club
(c) To the radio store
(d) Out for a walk
7. What does Jefferson want now because he doesn't think he had enough when he was growing up?
(c) Ice cream
8. Which doctor does Guidry suggest calling for Miss Emma?
(a) Dr. Morgan
(b) Dr. Gillroy
(c) Dr. Rogers
(d) Dr. Gillian
9. Jefferson refuses to go to the day room at first because he can't bring what with him?
(a) The newspaper
(b) A friend
(c) The radio
(d) His journal
10. Who is knocked unconscious during the fight with the bricklayers?
11. What does Miss Emma tell Jefferson she wants for him?
(a) To ask for God's forgiveness
(b) To pray for her
12. When is the actually execution date for Jefferson?
(a) The first Friday after Easter
(b) The second Friday after Easter
(d) Ash Wednesday
13. What else does Grant bring to Jefferson for his cell?
(a) A notebook
(b) A picture
(c) A sculpture
(d) A plant
14. Grant is quick to point out to Jefferson that no one knows when they will ________.
(a) Find God
(b) Be released
(d) Be found innocent
15. Who wants to be liked by Grant's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is late in arriving to visit with Jefferson, but does not offer any explanation?
2. Who asks Grant to talk to Reverend Ambrose?
3. When Jefferson wants to talk about his execution, what does Grant talk about?
4. What does Vivian's husband want in their divorce?
5. Grant wonders if _______ is with Jefferson.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)