|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a way that Grant feels he has been humiliated?
(a) Be allowing himself to be searched at the jail
(b) By allowing the parcels to be searched
(c) By being forced to see Pichot
(d) By having to stay at the house
2. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
(c) Edna Guidry
3. How early does Grant go to Pichot's home?
(a) 5 minutes early
(b) 40 minutes early
(c) 10 minutes early
(d) 60 minutes early
4. What was Jefferson called during the trial?
(a) A dog
(b) A rat
(c) A hog
(d) A chicken
5. Why was Vivian shunned in this town?
(a) She had a child out of wedlock
(b) She married a dark skinned man
(c) She had a job
(d) She was a bad teacher
6. Who was Grant's teacher when he was a child?
(a) Joseph Morgan
(b) Bill Wallersten
(c) Matthew Antoine
(d) Sam Guidry
7. When is Grant going to visit Jefferson again?
(a) That day
(b) The next Tuesday
(c) On Friday
8. Where does the couple meet to talk?
(a) At the river
(b) At Vivian's house
(c) Rainbow Club
(d) At the church
9. Which of the following men did not get into the car to go to the bar?
10. Who warns Grant of the impending annual visit by the superintendent?
(c) Miss Emma
11. What is searched before Miss Emma and Grant go to Jefferson's cell?
(a) Their clothing
(b) Her parcels
(c) Their shoes
(d) Miss Emma's purse
12. As the women go to church, what does Grant do?
(a) Eats breakfast
(b) Goes for a walk
(c) Grades papers
13. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
(a) To bathe each morning
(b) To behave
(c) To show up in nice clothes
(d) To sing a song
14. The reverend asks Grant if it would be appropriate to take a ________ when his visits Jefferson. Grant agrees.
15. Who does Grant remember as someone who took great pride in his heritage?
(a) A famous person
(b) An out of towner
(c) A worker
(d) An Irishman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
2. What does Miss Emma want Pichot to do?
3. What does Grant give the prisoners as he moves toward Jefferson's cell?
4. What has Grant had less time to do?
5. Who was the owner of this bar?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)