|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the superintendent of schools?
(a) Dr. Reginald Morton
(b) Dr. Joseph Morgan
(c) Dr. Radcliffe Barrier
(d) Dr. Thomas Billis
2. Grant tells a student to leave the classroom. Why?
(a) Because he was mean to another student
(b) Because she is unable to control her emotions
(c) Because she made a smart remark
(d) Because he looks like Jefferson
3. What does the superintendent mistakenly call Grant?
4. Who was Grant's teacher when he was a child?
(a) Sam Guidry
(b) Matthew Antoine
(c) Bill Wallersten
(d) Joseph Morgan
5. What does Miss Emma want Grant to help Jefferson know before he is executed?
(a) That he was right.
(b) That he worked hard during his life.
(c) That he is a man.
(d) That he is a good father.
6. What does Miss Emma want Pichot to do?
(b) Arrange for a visit between Grant and Jefferson
(c) Try to appeal the verdict
(d) Help Jefferson escape
7. What does Reverend Ambrose ask about the discussions between Jefferson and Grant?
(a) Whether they have discussed God
(b) Whether they are hateful
(c) Whether they are long
(d) Whether they were civil
8. Who was the owner of this bar?
(a) Alcee Grope
9. Who is given permission to see Jefferson?
10. What does the superintendent lecture the children on the importance of?
(a) Hard work
11. Grant is worried that the guards will do what when he goes to the jail on his own?
(a) Lock him up
(b) Ask him to strip or to look in his mouth
(c) Ignore him
(d) Beat him
12. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
13. Where did the men in #3 end up going?
(a) White Jackal Tavern
(b) Rainbow Club
(c) White Rabbit Bar and Lounge
(d) Red Room
14. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
(a) He is meeting with Vivian
(b) He snapped at a student
(c) He wants to run away
(d) He is tired
15. Where do the person in #13 and Grant meet up once she had arranged for a babysitter?
(a) Bill's Diner
(b) The local market
(c) Rainbow Club
(d) White Rabbit Bar and Lounge
Short Answer Questions
1. What is delivered to the school?
2. What color was Grant's teacher's skin?
3. Who does Grant hear calling his Tante Lou from the road?
4. What are the two men discussing with Joe Claiborne?
5. Where does Grant drive Miss Emma and Tante Lou?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)