|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why _____ hates her.
2. Which day of the week is a sad day?
3. Where did Vivian attend school?
(a) Community college
(b) Xavier University
4. When does Grant teach the children?
(a) From October to April
(b) From April to October
(c) Only in the summer
(d) Only in the winter
5. What do the children do when they're not in school?
(a) They perform musicals
(b) They work in the fields
(c) They play
(d) They read a lot of books
6. Who was Grant's teacher when he was a child?
(a) Joseph Morgan
(b) Bill Wallersten
(c) Matthew Antoine
(d) Sam Guidry
7. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
(b) Any extra food they have
8. Who apologizes for the way they treated Grant?
(b) Miss Emma
(d) Tante Lou
9. The reverend asks Grant if it would be appropriate to take a ________ when his visits Jefferson. Grant agrees.
10. What is written on the blackboards?
(a) Mrs. Vivian Wiggins
(b) I love you/Je t'taime
(c) Vivian Wiggins
(d) Nothing, they've been cleaned
11. Where does Grant drive Miss Emma and Tante Lou?
(a) To their home
(b) To Guidry's home
(c) To Henri Pichot's home
(d) To Bourgon's home
12. What does Grant tell the women of the house about Vivian?
(a) That he doesn't really like her
(b) That she's going to leave her husband
(c) That she's selfish
(d) That he wants to marry her
13. What does Grant long to have?
(a) More sex
(b) More money
(c) More peace with his family
(d) More control over his life
14. Who is given permission to see Jefferson?
15. What did Miss Emma do when Jefferson said he is a hog being fattened for the slaughter?
(a) Hit him with a book
(b) Yell for the guard
(c) Slap him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person give to Grant?
2. Who was the owner of this bar?
3. How long until this person in #28 can visit Jefferson?
4. Who says that all in the courtroom know what the outcome of the trial will be?
5. Who warns Grant of the impending annual visit by the superintendent?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)