|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men did not get into the car to go to the bar?
2. Who was Grant's teacher when he was a child?
(a) Bill Wallersten
(b) Joseph Morgan
(c) Matthew Antoine
(d) Sam Guidry
3. As the women go to church, what does Grant do?
(a) Grades papers
(b) Eats breakfast
(d) Goes for a walk
4. Who is in charge of scheduling the execution?
(c) The big boss in Baton Rouge
5. What does Grant tell the women of the house about Vivian?
(a) That he doesn't really like her
(b) That she's going to leave her husband
(c) That he wants to marry her
(d) That she's selfish
6. What is searched before Miss Emma and Grant go to Jefferson's cell?
(a) Miss Emma's purse
(b) Their clothing
(c) Their shoes
(d) Her parcels
7. Where is Jefferson's cell located?
(a) In general population
(b) In a separate room
(c) At the end of the cellblock
(d) On the top floor
8. Why was Vivian shunned in this town?
(a) She had a job
(b) She married a dark skinned man
(c) She was a bad teacher
(d) She had a child out of wedlock
9. Who does Grant remember as someone who took great pride in his heritage?
(a) An Irishman
(b) An out of towner
(c) A worker
(d) A famous person
10. Who does NOT press Grant for details about his visit with Jefferson?
(a) Reverend Ambrose
(b) Tante Lou
(c) Miss Emma
11. How early does Grant go to Pichot's home?
(a) 60 minutes early
(b) 5 minutes early
(c) 10 minutes early
(d) 40 minutes early
12. Where does the couple meet to talk?
(a) At the church
(b) Rainbow Club
(c) At the river
(d) At Vivian's house
13. Who does Grant see joking that makes him question his role as a teacher?
(d) His own students
14. What does Miss Emma want Pichot to do?
(a) Arrange for a visit between Grant and Jefferson
(b) Help Jefferson escape
(d) Try to appeal the verdict
15. The Reverend Ambrose tells Miss Emma that God is just ____________.
(a) Testing her
(b) Being quiet
(d) Not interested in saving Jefferson
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivian suggest Grant do to pass the time?
2. Miss Emma asks Tante Lou why _____ hates her.
3. How did Grant's teacher say he would be broken down as?
4. Where is Vivian from originally?
5. What does the superintendent inspect on the children?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)