|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grant say that angers his lover?
(a) That he wants to leave her
(b) Says that he wants to run away with her
(c) That he is not a good teacher
(d) Says he is a bad person
2. What did Jefferson do when Miss Emma arrived in his cell?
(a) Ignored her
(b) Slapped her
(c) Laughed at her
(d) Yelled at her
3. Where do the person in #13 and Grant meet up once she had arranged for a babysitter?
(a) Bill's Diner
(b) White Rabbit Bar and Lounge
(c) The local market
(d) Rainbow Club
4. Who is told that they are 'smart. Maybe you're just a little too smart for our own good'?
5. What do the children do when they're not in school?
(a) They play
(b) They perform musicals
(c) They work in the fields
(d) They read a lot of books
6. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
(a) To behave
(b) To bathe each morning
(c) To show up in nice clothes
(d) To sing a song
7. Which of the following men did not get into the car to go to the bar?
8. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
(a) He wants to run away
(b) He is tired
(c) He snapped at a student
(d) He is meeting with Vivian
9. Who is Grant's surprise visitor?
(c) Miss Emma
10. What does Grant apologize for?
(a) The shabbiness of the home
(c) The piles of work he needs to do
(d) The time he's wasted
11. Who is in charge of scheduling the execution?
(c) The big boss in Baton Rouge
12. What did Miss Emma send for Jefferson to enjoy?
(d) Home made candy
13. What do Vivian and Grant do after coffee and cake?
(a) Go for a walk
(b) Head to church
(c) Hold hands on the porch
(d) Go to the school
14. Where did Vivian attend school?
(a) Community college
(c) Xavier University
15. What does the superintendent mistakenly call Grant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs a gun and starts shooting?
2. Who reminds Grant that the visits will end at the first sign of trouble?
3. How early does Grant go to Pichot's home?
4. What does Rougon's family own in a neighboring town?
5. What is written on the blackboards?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)