|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the superintendent lecture the children on the importance of?
(a) Hard work
2. What do the children do when they're not in school?
(a) They work in the fields
(b) They read a lot of books
(c) They play
(d) They perform musicals
3. Who apologizes for the way they treated Grant?
(a) Tante Lou
(c) Miss Emma
4. Grant tells Jefferson to be a ________ and more than a ________ to Miss Emma.
(a) god fearing man, black man
(b) son, stranger
(c) strong person, coward
(d) Friend, godson
5. What is something Grant does NOT tell his students to do when the superintendent arrives?
(a) To show up in nice clothes
(b) To sing a song
(c) To bathe each morning
(d) To behave
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not plan to get close to Jefferson because he is sentenced to die?
2. Why does Grant whack the student on the head with a ruler?
3. What does Rougon's family own in a neighboring town?
4. Who is given permission to see Jefferson?
5. What visit number is it when Miss Emma gets sick?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)