|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grant apologize for?
(a) The time he's wasted
(b) The shabbiness of the home
(d) The piles of work he needs to do
2. Who does Grant see joking that makes him question his role as a teacher?
(a) His own students
3. When Grant arrives, what does Jefferson ask?
(a) If he has brought any corn
(b) If he has brought a radio
(c) If he has any good news
(d) If he can leave
4. Grant is worried that the guards will do what when he goes to the jail on his own?
(a) Lock him up
(b) Ask him to strip or to look in his mouth
(c) Beat him
(d) Ignore him
5. What is delivered to the school?
(a) The first load of firewood
(c) The first stock of food
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do when they're not in school?
2. What does Miss Emma promise the other prisoners as they leave?
3. What does Rougon's family own in a neighboring town?
4. What was Jefferson called during the trial?
5. As the women go to church, what does Grant do?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)