|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Grant give for staying in town?
(a) He is ashamed to leave
(b) He wants to be with Vivian
(c) He was forbidden to leave
(d) He doesn't have enough money to leave
2. Who is given permission to see Jefferson?
3. Who was Grant's teacher when he was a child?
(a) Sam Guidry
(b) Matthew Antoine
(c) Joseph Morgan
(d) Bill Wallersten
4. What did Grant's teacher tell Grant to do?
(a) Keep teaching no matter what
(b) Kill himself
(c) Get out of the community
(d) Stop seeing his lover
5. Who warns Grant of the impending annual visit by the superintendent?
(d) Miss Emma
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the superintendent of schools?
2. What does Grant not want to spend his life doing?
3. How long until this person in #28 can visit Jefferson?
4. Who is the young African American man at the center of the trial?
5. What does Rougon's family own in a neighboring town?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)