|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the maid at the house in #7?
2. What does Grant not want to spend his life doing?
(a) Being oppressed
(b) Being bored
(c) Living in this town
(d) Teaching children on a plantation
3. Why does Grant whack the student on the head with a ruler?
(a) Because the student was asleep
(b) Because the student is crying
(c) Because the student sassed him
(d) Because the student was playing with a bug
4. Where do the person in #13 and Grant meet up once she had arranged for a babysitter?
(a) White Rabbit Bar and Lounge
(b) Bill's Diner
(c) Rainbow Club
(d) The local market
5. What was Jefferson called during the trial?
(a) A hog
(b) A chicken
(c) A rat
(d) A dog
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fellow teacher with whom Grant is having an affair?
2. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
3. What reason does Grant give for staying in town?
4. Who is the young African American man at the center of the trial?
5. Grant tells a student to leave the classroom. Why?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)