|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Emma want Pichot to do?
(a) Help Jefferson escape
(c) Try to appeal the verdict
(d) Arrange for a visit between Grant and Jefferson
2. Who is the maid at the house in #7?
3. What did Grant's teacher tell Grant to do?
(a) Stop seeing his lover
(b) Kill himself
(c) Keep teaching no matter what
(d) Get out of the community
4. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
(a) He snapped at a student
(b) He is tired
(c) He is meeting with Vivian
(d) He wants to run away
5. Grant tells a student to leave the classroom. Why?
(a) Because she is unable to control her emotions
(b) Because he looks like Jefferson
(c) Because he was mean to another student
(d) Because she made a smart remark
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a way that Grant feels he has been humiliated?
2. What is delivered to the school?
3. Who apologizes for the way they treated Grant?
4. How had Grant been taught to avoid this kind of humiliation?
5. Who is given permission to see Jefferson?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)