|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do when they're not in school?
(a) They perform musicals
(b) They play
(c) They read a lot of books
(d) They work in the fields
2. What is delivered to the school?
(b) The first load of firewood
(c) The first stock of food
3. What did Grant's teacher tell Grant to do?
(a) Stop seeing his lover
(b) Kill himself
(c) Get out of the community
(d) Keep teaching no matter what
4. Why does Grant decide to walk along the road?
(a) He snapped at a student
(b) He wants to run away
(c) He is tired
(d) He is meeting with Vivian
5. Who apologizes for the way they treated Grant?
(b) Miss Emma
(c) Tante Lou
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grant's teacher stay in town?
2. Who is upset with Jefferson's fate and pours herself a drink?
3. Who does NOT enter the kitchen at 6:45 PM?
4. Where does Grant drive Miss Emma and Tante Lou?
5. When does Grant teach the children?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)