|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
2. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
3. What does Ichabod lose while riding Gunpowder?
4. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
5. What success does the old farmer from New York state about Ichabod?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Greek Mythology referenced in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? Is it used effectively to portray a theme or describe a situation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author set the story up so that the reader believes anything can happen? How does he toy with the reader? What phrases and word choices does he use to convey the mystic of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Ichabod's classroom becomes a "battleground." The types of battles the two combatants employ are very different. Compare and contrast the methods both men use to engage in battle for Katrina. Be sure to use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)