Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
2. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
3. To those in Sleepy Hollow, Brom Van Burnt is considered to be a ______.
4. Where does the women in white haunt?
5. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author set the story up so that the reader believes anything can happen? How does he toy with the reader? What phrases and word choices does he use to convey the mystic of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Ichabod's classroom becomes a "battleground." The types of battles the two combatants employ are very different. Compare and contrast the methods both men use to engage in battle for Katrina. Be sure to use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is used to set up later events in a story. Where does the author use foreshadowing? How is it utilized? Use examples from the text to discuss and support how this use of foreshadowing is effective, or not effective for the story.
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)