|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
2. What type of melody does Ichabod produce?
3. Brom Bones is noted for preferring what kind of animals?
4. What destination does Ichabod hope to reach as he races from his pursuer?
5. In Brom's tale of the Hessian, what town has he returned from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used to set up later events in a story. Where does the author use foreshadowing? How is it utilized? Use examples from the text to discuss and support how this use of foreshadowing is effective, or not effective for the story.
Essay Topic 2
How is Greek Mythology referenced in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? Is it used effectively to portray a theme or describe a situation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Determine the antagonist in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and defend your opinion with details from the text.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)