|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ichabod moves from one farmer's family to the next, where are his possessions?
2. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
3. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
4. Who has assembled to watch Ichabod and Katrina dance?
5. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the introduction of the story, the papers being found in those left by a dead man, gives credibility to the story. Does having an actual source support the author's suggested tone that what is revealed is fact. Why or why not? Does it help the author's purpose because the man is dead and no longer around to dispute the claims laid out in the rest of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of Ichabod's clothing blowing around him? Why is this an important detail about his character? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence of your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
How is Greek Mythology referenced in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? Is it used effectively to portray a theme or describe a situation? Why or why not?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)