Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
2. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
3. To those in Sleepy Hollow, Brom Van Burnt is considered to be a ______.
4. Where does the women in white haunt?
5. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
Essay Topic 1
Determine the antagonist in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and defend your opinion with details from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author set the story up so that the reader believes anything can happen? How does he toy with the reader? What phrases and word choices does he use to convey the mystic of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of a birch tree growing near the school house cabin and why is it ironic? The narrator refers to Ichabod's use of discipline and his type of discipline often allowed the weak to escape but the strong were severely punished.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)