Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
2. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
3. To those in Sleepy Hollow, Brom Van Burnt is considered to be a ______.
4. Where does the women in white haunt?
5. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
Ichabod and Brom are both competing for Katrina Van Tassels's affection. Compare and contrast how each one tries to win her hand at marriage.
Part 1) Compare how Brom and Ichabod react at the Van Tassel's party to Katrina's flirting.
Part 2) Contrast how Brom and Ichabod behave at the men's meeting after the party.
How does the author set the story up so that the reader believes anything can happen? How does he toy with the reader? What phrases and word choices does he use to convey the mystic of the story?
What is the importance of Ichabod's clothing blowing around him? Why is this an important detail about his character? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence of your opinion.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)