|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gunpowder found doing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
2. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
(a) A thick rope.
(b) A birch tree.
(c) A wilting flower.
(d) A supple jack.
3. Where is Sleepy Hollow located?
(d) New York.
4. Who is the favorite spectre of Sleepy Hollow?
(a) The Headless Horseman.
(b) Wailing women.
(c) The ghost.
5. What does a visiting farmer bring news of years later, after Ichabod's disappearance from Sleepy Hollow?
(a) That Ichabod Crane is alive and well.
(b) That Ichabod plans to return to Sleepy Hollow.
(c) That Ichabod's body has been found.
(d) That Ichabod lives in a neighboring town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some in Sleepy Hollow believe happened to Ichabod?
2. What insect does the narrator compare Ichabod's elbows while mounted on Gunpowder?
3. What do the villagers believe happened to Ichabod?
4. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
5. When is the story published?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)