|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark is named after Major Andre?
(a) A tulip tree.
(b) A brook.
(c) A road.
(d) A bridge.
2. Where is Sleepy Hollow located?
(b) New York.
3. Who do the old country women believe haunt the area?
(b) Van Ripper.
4. What is Gunpowder found doing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
5. When Ichabod meets the dark figure, what does he do?
(a) He demands to know the rider's identity.
(b) He trots toward the rider.
(c) He whips Gunpowder.
(d) He turns and goes the opposite way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gunpowder's owner?
2. As he and Gunpowder head home, who does Ichabod believe the rider on the dark horse alongside him to be?
3. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
4. Who has assembled to watch Ichabod and Katrina dance?
5. What is one thing Ichabod does with the ladies between service on Sunday?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)