|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ichabod meets the dark figure, what does he do?
(a) He turns and goes the opposite way.
(b) He demands to know the rider's identity.
(c) He whips Gunpowder.
(d) He trots toward the rider.
2. Who is the favorite spectre of Sleepy Hollow?
(b) Wailing women.
(c) The ghost.
(d) The Headless Horseman.
3. Who do the old country women believe haunt the area?
(b) Van Ripper.
4. According to the narrator, what is Ichabod very good at doing?
(a) Getting what he wants.
(c) Helping out with difficult tasks.
(d) Protecting Sleepy Hollow.
5. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katrina say to Ichabod after the party?
2. When is the story published?
3. What else does Ichabod pride himself on besides his singing?
4. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
5. What does Van Ripper do with Ichabod's belongings?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)