|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of night does Ichabod leave the Van Tassel's?
(a) Early morning.
2. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
(a) Handsome hunks.
(b) A group of well worn men.
(c) Good old boys.
(d) As a leather-faced race.
3. What is the real name of Tarry Town?
(b) Tarry Towne.
(c) Sleepy Hollow.
4. Which demi-god does the narrator compare to Ichabod?
5. Who do the old country women believe haunt the area?
(a) Van Ripper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of man is Ichabod Crane?
2. In Brom's tale of the Hessian, what town has he returned from?
3. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
4. According to Old Brouwer, what happens to the Headless Horseman?
5. At the beginning of the story, the papers are found amongst whose belongings?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)