|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
(a) In a circle of light.
(b) In a thunderstorm.
(c) In a bolt of lightening.
(d) In a flash of fire.
2. Whom does the schoolhouse and its furniture belong?
(a) Van Tassel.
(c) The community.
(d) Van Ripper.
3. Whose tales does Ichabod tell to the group of men at the party?
(a) Van Ripper.
(b) Cotton Mather.
(c) Washington Irving.
(d) George Washington.
4. What does Katrina say to Ichabod after the party?
(a) The narrator does not know.
(b) She rejects his offer for marriage.
(c) She accepts his offer for marriage.
(d) She wants to think about it.
5. What does Van Ripper do with Ichabod's belongings?
(a) Gave them away.
(b) Returned them.
(c) Disposed of them.
(d) Sold them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
2. Who is Gunpowder's owner?
3. The narrator refers to Ichabod as a what?
4. According to the narrator, what is Ichabod very good at doing?
5. Who founded Sleepy Hollow?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)