|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) It grows larger with hunger.
(b) It grows small with jealousy.
(c) It beats faster at the idea of eating more food.
(d) His heart dilates in proportion to his good cheer.
2. What prize did Brom say he and the Headless Horseman race for?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bowl of punch.
(c) Katrina's head.
(d) A sack of money.
3. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
(a) In a circle of light.
(b) In a flash of fire.
(c) In a bolt of lightening.
(d) In a thunderstorm.
4. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the cawing of a crow.
(b) To the clawing of a wolverine.
(c) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
(d) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
5. When Ichabod meets the dark figure, what does he do?
(a) He demands to know the rider's identity.
(b) He trots toward the rider.
(c) He whips Gunpowder.
(d) He turns and goes the opposite way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a visiting farmer bring news of years later, after Ichabod's disappearance from Sleepy Hollow?
2. What success does the old farmer from New York state about Ichabod?
3. What is Wiley's swamp?
4. Old Baltus Van Tassel is what kind of farmer?
5. What does the narrator say lies in Gunpowder's good eye?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)