|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
(a) The dark horse and rider.
(d) Brom and Daredevil.
2. What is the musician at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) The preacher.
(b) A gray-haired elderly man.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Van Ripper.
3. After much discussion, what do many of the townspeople believe?
(a) That Ichabod runs out of town.
(b) Ichabod has been carried off by the Galloping Headless Horseman.
(c) That Ichabod leaves under a cloak of darkness.
(d) That Ichabod vanishes into thin air.
4. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
(a) The church.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The cemetery.
5. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
(a) Cook food.
(b) Sing with the parson.
(c) Visit with the available women.
(d) Read the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Katrina known to have the prettiest of in all the countryside?
2. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
3. What do the villagers believe happened to Ichabod?
4. Whose tales does Ichabod tell to the group of men at the party?
5. What does the narrator say lies in Gunpowder's good eye?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)