|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ichabod reaches the bridge, what item does the dark rider throw at him to knock him to the ground?
(a) A head.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ball.
(d) A dagger.
2. What type of melody does Ichabod produce?
3. Old Baltus Van Tassel is what kind of farmer?
4. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the clawing of a wolverine.
(b) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
(c) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
(d) To the cawing of a crow.
5. What time of night does Ichabod leave the Van Tassel's?
(b) Early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Ichabod does with the ladies between service on Sunday?
2. What does Ichabod lose while riding Gunpowder?
3. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
4. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
5. What else does Ichabod pride himself on besides his singing?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)