|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
(a) The whimpering of puppies.
(b) The hum of a beehive.
(c) The growling of dogs.
(d) The roaring of lions.
2. What is Gunpowder found doing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
3. What else does Ichabod pride himself on besides his singing?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His writing.
(c) His dancing.
(d) His poetry.
4. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
(c) Brom and Daredevil.
(d) The dark horse and rider.
5. As he and Gunpowder head home, who does Ichabod believe the rider on the dark horse alongside him to be?
(c) A ghost.
(d) The Headless Horseman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
2. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
3. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
4. What is the musician at the Van Tassel's party?
5. What kind of life do many townspeople believe Ichabod had?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)