|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Katrina marry?
(a) A visiting farmer.
(b) A soldier.
(d) Van Ripper.
2. According to Old Brouwer, what happens to the Headless Horseman?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He captures his head.
(c) He turns into a skeleton.
(d) He turns into a pumpkin.
3. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
(a) The whimpering of puppies.
(b) The roaring of lions.
(c) The growling of dogs.
(d) The hum of a beehive.
4. As he and Gunpowder head home, who does Ichabod believe the rider on the dark horse alongside him to be?
(c) A ghost.
(d) The Headless Horseman.
5. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
(a) A farm.
(b) The church.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The schoolhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real name of Tarry Town?
2. Brom Bones is noted for preferring what kind of animals?
3. Where is Ichabod's 'realm'?
4. What kind of life do many townspeople believe Ichabod had?
5. When is the story published?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)