|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do women consider Ichabod valuable?
(a) He takes care of their little children.
(b) He cooks.
(c) He gossips.
(d) He sings well.
2. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
3. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
(a) Brom's buddy.
(b) Ichabod's friend.
(c) Ichabod's historian.
(d) A fateful observer.
4. Who do the old country women believe haunt the area?
(d) Van Ripper.
5. How does the narrator describe the farmers' wives at Van Tassel's party?
(a) Welcomed grande dames.
(b) Withered little dames.
(c) Wives of farmers.
(d) Warm women full of wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ichabod reaches the bridge, what item does the dark rider throw at him to knock him to the ground?
2. What does Ichabod see at the end of the bridge?
3. What does Ichabod try to get Gunpowder to do as they gallop away from the dark figure?
4. What book has Ichabod mastered?
5. What is the tone of the story?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)