|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod do when his is frightened?
(a) He shouts.
(b) He prays.
(c) He eats.
(d) He sings.
2. What time of night does Ichabod leave the Van Tassel's?
(c) Early morning.
3. What item of Ichabod's is found the day after the Van Tassel's party near horse tracks?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His purse.
(c) His school papers.
(d) His hat.
4. What does Katrina say to Ichabod after the party?
(a) She rejects his offer for marriage.
(b) She wants to think about it.
(c) The narrator does not know.
(d) She accepts his offer for marriage.
5. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) His heart dilates in proportion to his good cheer.
(b) It beats faster at the idea of eating more food.
(c) It grows small with jealousy.
(d) It grows larger with hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
2. What is another term for courting as defined by the Dutch?
3. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
4. As he and Gunpowder head home, who does Ichabod believe the rider on the dark horse alongside him to be?
5. Who is Gunpowder's owner?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)